Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposla: VAN-ANA

Old
06-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Ched Brosky

vCash: 500
Proposla: VAN-ANA

Say before the draft tomorrow, Selanne and Niedermayer announce they are going to retire. That gives the Ducks a hole in their top 6 which Ryan can fill and tehy now need a puck rushing top 4 dman..

They don't have enough cap space to re-sign Perry to a contract he'd accept (around 4M) until after July 1st.

A team like Columbus would offer him 5.5M just so they can make it hard for Ducks to retain him without dumping salary or acquire him to pay with Nash. They match the offer for 5.5M.

That would leave them with 5.14M to sign a puck rushing dman. Streit might be available at that price, but that gives them no wiggle room as they are right at the cap. Ducks need around 500k as wiggle room so the max they could offer is around 4.65M. They will have to trade Marchant to make room for Streit, but then the Ducks only have 2M for a 2nd line center. The best they'll get at that is a 3rd line center.

So I propose the following trade (on draft day):

Ducks acquire:
D.Sedin
H.Sedin
Shannon

Ducks get 2 players for almost the salary of one. Arguably the 2 players that form the best 2nd line in the league definately in the West and a good 2nd line player.

Ducks package their 12th pick, Marchant, and their 3rd round pick and should be able to get into the top 5. With the 5th pick draft they draft Pietrangelo who should take 1 year to develop. They also now have enough cpa space to sign Streit at around 5.25M for 1 year.

Their top 2 lines are now:
Kunitz Getzlaf Bertuzzi
D.Sedin H.Sedin Shannon

next year they re-sign:
O'Donnel, Huskins, Parros, May (combiend raise around 1.5M)
re-sign R.Niedermayer and Pahlsson (1.5M increase)
Schneider takes a paycut to 5M (625k decrease)
Beauchemin (1.3M increase)
Pietrangelo (1.75M)
Sedins (2M increase)

that leaves around 7M with to go after a top line winger in the UFA market with the departure of Bert and Streit.

Nucks acquire:
Perry
Ryan

Nucks get a guy that can step in immediately for a good deal (4.5M since it's efore the offersheet) on the top line, and a guy that will develop into a top line player.

Nucks draft Beach at #10 and their top 2 lines look like (with UFA signings):

Hossa Demitra Perry
Malone Beach Ryan

Nucks have about 17.5M to sign 3 top 6 players. Demitra at 4M 1 year, Hossa at 8M 2 years, that leaves 5M to sign Malone for 1 year

Next year, Beach moves up to the top line, Raymond and White step in on the 2nd line.

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:48 PM
jax00
DangleSnipe&Celly

No thank you. Don't want this team to become a bunch of pansies.

jax00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:55 PM
Benny Lava

Is the trade the Sedins and Shannon for Ryan and Perry? If so, hell no. That gives us arguably the worst offense in the entire league. Assuming Perry at $5.5 million and Shannon at $700K, the Ducks are actually taking on roughly $500K, which won't work with this whole thing called the salary cap.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:27 AM
Ched Brosky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny Lava View Post
Is the trade the Sedins and Shannon for Ryan and Perry? If so, hell no. That gives us arguably the worst offense in the entire league. Assuming Perry at $5.5 million and Shannon at $700K, the Ducks are actually taking on roughly $500K, which won't work with this whole thing called the salary cap.
The Ducks are at 52.111M for next season (players under contract)

-6.75M for Niedermayer
-2.513M for Marchant
-1.922M for Ryan
+7.15M for the Sedins
+700k for Shannon
---------
-3.635M is the total. so subtract that from 52.111M and it comes to 48.476M which is below 53M (cap until July 1st).

Cap goes up on July 1st to 56M. - 48.476M and the cap space on July 1st is 7.524M.

I made a mistake and forgot to subtract Ryan's salary in the 1st post.

So the Ducks can either sign Streit and keep Marchant for the 2nd line or trade (keep Shannon as depth)
OR
trade Marchant like I did to move up in the draft to get Pietrangelo and sign Campbell instead to replace Streit for that 1 year Pietrangelo develops.

So there is more than enough cap room for this to happen

Ched Brosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:54 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Perry will more than likely re-sign. We have trouble scoring goals now, swapping our two best young RW won't help. The Sedin's plus Shannon is VERY arguable as the best second line in the league.

So no thanks.

TheJoeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:54 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Shannon is not a "good 2nd line player." I clicked my heels the day we got rid of him. And not because I expected anything whatsoever out of King. He has negative trade value to me.

The Ducks do not need a puck-rushing defenseman. The blueprint is to have the 1 that was Niedermayer. We only got Schneider to replace Niedermayer because he was leaning toward retirement, not to have both of them in the lineup. In fact that's where our cap problem is, because we have 3 big-money defensemen when we only want 2.

Why in the world would Vancouver even consider this? Ryan sucks. Sedins probably have more total value than Perry + Ryan. To most teams in the NHL at least.

Anaheim also doesn't give this much thought. Sedins don't fit into the team style like Perry and Ryan do. Far too soft for the Ducks style.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 01:07 AM
Canucks5551

Check this guy's proposal on the Columbus board. He has no idea what he's talking about. With that being said, no from a Canucks standpoint. If we were to trade two ppg players, we could do better than that. Shannon is just an afterthought.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 01:14 AM
Benny Lava

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback91 View Post
The Ducks are at 52.111M for next season (players under contract)

-6.75M for Niedermayer
-2.513M for Marchant
-1.922M for Ryan
+7.15M for the Sedins
+700k for Shannon
---------
-3.635M is the total. so subtract that from 52.111M and it comes to 48.476M which is below 53M (cap until July 1st).

Cap goes up on July 1st to 56M. - 48.476M and the cap space on July 1st is 7.524M.

I made a mistake and forgot to subtract Ryan's salary in the 1st post.

So the Ducks can either sign Streit and keep Marchant for the 2nd line or trade (keep Shannon as depth)
OR
trade Marchant like I did to move up in the draft to get Pietrangelo and sign Campbell instead to replace Streit for that 1 year Pietrangelo develops.

So there is more than enough cap room for this to happen
Except for the actual trade proposal, I didn't actually read your first post (and don't intend to), so I have no idea where Niedermayer and Marchant's salaries are going, what Streit and Campbell have to do with his, or how the Ducks intend to draft Pietrangelo with the 12th pick.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 02:35 AM
Ducks

If I were Brian Burke I would LOL for real at this.

Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 12:40 PM
Jimgrayson

you want two of our most promising forwards, tied to you by rfa rights, for two players who are ufa's end of next season and likely to want a large raise? and RYAN SHANNON?

and you think 12th overall, marchant (a salary dump) and a 3rd rounder would get us into the top 5 overall?

seriously, honestly, do either of those look fair to you?

edit: and why is hossa signing only a 2 year deal, especially with a team that clearly isn't a serious contender right now. he could get that money over 5 or 6 years

Jimgrayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 03:34 PM
Fighter
Soviet Duck

vCash: 450
Perry and Ryan for the Sedins sister???
Man, this is one of the worst offers I've ever seen on this board.

Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 05:15 PM
HerrAlex

I have no interest in shannon anymore

HerrAlex is offline   Reply With Quote