HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

McKee to Buffalo?

Old
06-20-2008, 04:55 PM
lemieux32*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
1. Oooppps...

2. My problem isn't that he puts it out there. It is that he "Has insider information" and publishes crap he knows isn't real or true (trade rumors specifically). You and I don't go around putting stuff we know to be BS out on the internet for personal gain.

Lets face facts, when trades occur, it is usually kept under lock and key until the news has been broken to the players. Even at the trade deadline, while we know who is likely available and who is chasing those players - we have no real idea of what will be coming back in the trade or which team in the end will come down with the soon to be UFA.

For example the last two trades (Mayers and Mason) there was no media leak. It was shocking to everyone. (While fans figured Mason was available - no one broke the deal ahead of time - which is what often happens).

From a personall stand point, I don't like Rumor mongering. Because for the most part it is bogus.
Eklund puts any info he hears out there and uses a rating system to let you know how much to take from each rumor, if you choose to ignore the system and lump everything he posts in as big time rumors that is your own stupidity.

lemieux32* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 05:20 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemieux32 View Post
Eklund puts any info he hears out there and uses a rating system to let you know how much to take from each rumor, if you choose to ignore the system and lump everything he posts in as big time rumors that is your own stupidity.
Hears from who? Who is passing on this info to him? E3 Spezza to St. Louis. Where does this come from? It isn't coming from Murray who has said many many times that Spezza isn't available and it sure as hell isn't coming from the Blues (who keep their business quiet). So who is putting it out there?

This is bogus..... Spezza sure isn't being shopped after signing a long term deal in Ottawa.

Using a rating system to put out rumors you know aren't true doesn't make it right. As for my own stupidity....

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 05:23 PM
Guy Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemps View Post
McKee for Afinogenov. I would do this trade.
How many times have we seen this proposal mentioned? If only it were offered in real life....

Guy Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 05:52 PM
Leo W

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Legend View Post
How many times have we seen this proposal mentioned? If only it were offered in real life....

If you want to watch a player that tries to be like Ovechkin but then loses the puck at the red line, be my guest.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote