Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks' new senior advisor: Dave Nonis

Old
06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
AgentNaslund*

vCash: 500
Ducks sign Nonis

Good signing here. Dave Nonis had some questionable moves or non moves (not picking up Brad Richards) but thats what happens when a GM misses the playoffs. He is a great guy, great mind, no risk, taker gm, CAnucks fan liked him more then we did when Burke was here, good pick up.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Benny Lava

Ducks' new senior advisor: Dave Nonis

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=2411...headlines_main

Didn't see that one coming, but I guess it makes sense.

Benny Lava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 07:25 PM
Gyroduck

One statement that concerns me is the following about Nonis:

"It's believed Nonis, who worked with Burke in Vancouver, will have the freedom to leave his position in Anaheim abruptly if a more attractive offer from another team comes along."

I realize that this statement is 'believed' meaning it could have come from anyone, but it seems likely to be true, to me.

For a GM, that looks more and more as if he is heading to Toronto, especially when the previous advisor moves to Toronto, friend as the new coach, and having to push him to finally publically state that he will fulfill his contract, would'nt it seem like he is setting himself for the Samueli's to give in and let him talk to Toronto?

Is it best for the Ducks to have mangament that is unstable right now? Are potential management temps healthy for this organization? Where is the incentive to build a long lasting winning organization?

I am sure that the Samueli's have thought this through, and making sure that they have a watch dog in place.

Looking for input and thoughts about all this in general!

Gyroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Burke's good-old-boy instincts are annoying.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 07:29 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Headline news!! Burke leaving for Toronto as soon as next... wait a second... No?

Although it would be interesting to see how they spin it. "Burke is hiring his successor, just like in Vancouver, so he can leave for Toronto." Or "Burke is going to confide in Nonis his future plans for the Leafs, then Nonis will jump to Toronto for a 'more attractive offer' so Toronto can pick Burke's guys in the draft." Or "As a condition of letting Burke out of his contract, the Anaheim owners required that he hire a replacement."

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 09:05 PM
kenabnrmal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hahahahahhaha View Post
Burke's good-old-boy instincts are annoying.
I don't think it's all that different than any other GM...they prefer to have people they are familiar with in key positions. Just so happens Burke's "good-old-boys" are pretty well known.

I like Nonis, he's a good hockey mind and used to working in an intense hockey market. Can never have enough good hockey people in the organization...and it is pretty convenient should Burke leave next season.

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Headline news!! Burke leaving for Toronto as soon as next... wait a second... No?

Although it would be interesting to see how they spin it. "Burke is hiring his successor, just like in Vancouver, so he can leave for Toronto." Or "Burke is going to confide in Nonis his future plans for the Leafs, then Nonis will jump to Toronto for a 'more attractive offer' so Toronto can pick Burke's guys in the draft." Or "As a condition of letting Burke out of his contract, the Anaheim owners required that he hire a replacement."
I wouldn't even to refer to Nonis as Burke's replacement, should Burke go. I'd put him behind Murray and probably McNab for that one.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:48 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
I wouldn't even to refer to Nonis as Burke's replacement, should Burke go. I'd put him behind Murray and probably McNab for that one.
Yeah I know. I'm just ridiculing the Toronto media. Next in line is probably Murray. McNab I believe actually prefers to stay behind the scenes, I don't think he wants to be a GM.

Anyways, it just looks like Nonis is just replacing Coates. I think he has the same job title. As haha remarked, Burke does seem to be big on this nepotism thing.

I'm just hoping it doesn't mean we sign Naslund. Although I wouldn't mind Morrison.

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 01:17 AM
Randall Graves*

I like it if he's Burkes successor, what happened last year was not his fault. His blueprint is probably similar to Burkes, my question is how will he rebuild the team when it is his(IMO) next year.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 05:34 PM
MOENing

What is a senior advisor?

Dam Cloutier is on waivers and Crawford is fired lets take them in too.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote