HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Bailey Scouting Report

Old
06-20-2008, 08:15 PM
Belarus

vCash: 500
Joshua Bailey - Playoff Stats
Season 2006 Team Owen Sound Attack
GP G A PTS +/- PIM
11 0 0 0 -1 0

Belarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:15 PM
BillySmith

I also honestly don't think Snow wanted Bailey, I think he thought at 7 he could grab Filatov and when that didn't work out that Boedeker would be there a 9 and he could say he got the player he wanted and acquired extra picks. No way in my mind do i think in this draft that the isles covet Josh Bailey. Especially they where marketing this pick and draft out the wazoo. This was a total F'up and unless Bailey becomes one of the top 5 players in this draft a waste.

BillySmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:16 PM
bigtimeIslesFan

Quote:
Any Islander fan would had been happy with either or
um,quite a few didnt want a boring stay at home d man in schenn..personally ilike schenn

filatov, lot of people love; i look at his body and think hes gonna get jacked up big time

srry dr islander strange, but imo the top 3 were the main guys; with piet moving up during combines.

again, to show that not EVERYONE was salivating with schen or filatov

and boedker? LOL a lot of people in here had never even HEARD of him.

bigtimeIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:17 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
GP G A PTS +/- PIM
11 0 0 0 -1 0
That was his rookie year in the OHL. He only had 26 pts that year.

Last playoffs, Bailey went 1-5-6 in 5 games. Very respectable.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:18 PM
bigtimeIslesFan

isles4ever, his team had to go through a tragedy last year too right? he said he was very motivated following with that but missed it; who passed away?

bigtimeIslesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtimeIslesFan View Post
isles4ever, his team had to go through a tragedy last year too right? he said he was very motivated following with that but missed it; who passed away?
Yes. Bailey's best friend on the team, Mickey Renaud, passed away during the season. It's also worth noting Nolan's son, Jordan, is on Windsor.

Old
06-20-2008, 08:20 PM
jdr016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySmith View Post
I also honestly don't think Snow wanted Bailey, I think he thought at 7 he could grab Filatov and when that didn't work out that Boedeker would be there a 9 and he could say he got the player he wanted and acquired extra picks. No way in my mind do i think in this draft that the isles covet Josh Bailey. Especially they where marketing this pick and draft out the wazoo. This was a total F'up and unless Bailey becomes one of the top 5 players in this draft a waste.
According to the TSN guys, (you know, who make a living covering this stuff!) word started spreading last night that the Islanders coveted Bailey. And the 2 extra 2nd round picks, will probably get Snow back in the first round.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:21 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isles4ever11 View Post
Yes. Bailey's best friend on the team, Mickey Renaud, passed away during the season. It's also worth noting Nolan's son, Jordan, is on Windsor.
gotit now. daddy did his son a favor. Sweet! I am glad I send money on these ****ing clowns.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillySmith View Post
I agree 100%. Snow wanted one of the top 3 Dmen & when that didn't work out he tried to get cute & greedy. Now a team that was about to get the third piece to the puzzle (Dippy, Okposo & Schenn/Filatov) are left with only two pieces still. Hopefully the Isles did their homework on the remaining players & can get a few sleepers with the million picks they have in a deep draft. Like every one else in here... i doubt it.

Paulinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Isles4ever11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr016 View Post
According to the TSN guys, (you know, who make a living covering this stuff!) word started spreading last night that the Islanders coveted Bailey. And the 2 extra 2nd round picks, will probably get Snow back in the first round.
That's exactly what I think will happen.

Old
06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
i still ****ing hate the deal.

Old
06-20-2008, 08:24 PM
jdr016

Quote:
The TSN guys said that's what Snow was asking for, so he probably figures that will be the asking price. I could see LA, Philly, Buffalo, or Atlanta giving up their late round pick for two 2nds.

jdr016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Quote:
They might as well keep the picks now. The blue chippers are gone. Just take the best player available with the remaining picks & try to fill as many holes as possible.

Old
06-20-2008, 08:27 PM
McLovin21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Islander Strange View Post
They might as well keep the picks now. The blue chippers are gone. Just take the best player available with the remaining picks & try to fill as many holes as possible.
i agree. i've seen enough ****ing trades today. might as well use all those picks that we had to have so we can watch them never play for us.

McLovin21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:32 PM
Paulinho
No Man's Sky

Can some one please post our remaining picks in this draft?

Old
06-20-2008, 08:33 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by defensewins631 View Post
Okposo
Comeau
Bergenheim

All have the potential to score with him centering. Not to mention he is going to be playing for us for years. We will draft shooters in the up and coming drafts. We can't get everything in one draft. We get the playmaker in this draft. We'll get his shooters in the up and coming drafts
come on now.

comeau?
bergenheim?

only on the islanders are these guys considered snipers and 1st line talent.

where's andy hilbert? i need to get a look at my 2nd line winger.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:34 PM
Isles4ever11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
gotit now. daddy did his son a favor. Sweet! I am glad I send money on these ****ing clowns.
Now you're being unreasonable. Don't you think BECAUSE Jordan is on Windsor, Teddy had more of a chance to look at Bailey and meet him and really get a feel for what the kid is all about? Jordan has no affiliation to the Islanders. I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less where his teammate gets drafted.

Old
06-20-2008, 08:37 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Now you're being unreasonable. Don't you think BECAUSE Jordan is on Windsor, Teddy had more of a chance to look at Bailey and meet him and really get a feel for what the kid is all about? Jordan has no affiliation to the Islanders. I'm pretty sure he couldn't care less where his teammate gets drafted.
Yes, I am. I am just saying that out of frustration. Why? Why? Filatov and Schen were both there for the taking!

Old
06-20-2008, 08:38 PM
Titan124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarus View Post
GP G A PTS +/- PIM
11 0 0 0 -1 0

Nikita Filatov
2007-08 CSKA Moscow Russia 5 0 0 0 0

Luke Schenn
2005-06 Kelowna Rockets WHL 60 3 8 11

2007-08 Kelowna Rockets WHL 57 7 21 28 100

0 playoff points in 06

I can go on and on giving skewed, irrelevant stats. All Bailey's stats can possibly prove is that he has gotten better, since he has such a drastic upward trend.

Titan124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
NObody is bashing the kid. We are bashing the idiots who tradeddown from the 5th pick where they could have drafted a "cornerstone" piece to a guy who well very well be a very good hockey player, but not the guy to take you above and beyond.
Way to true and I'm pissed for you guys. The Isles need that future star and they could have had it IMO. Not only did they move down but there were better players at #9 than that plain jane pick.

Like most of you guys, I think that Bailey will be a good player... and thats it. When I saw him I thought a playmaking Brian Rolston.

#66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:41 PM
PensFan101
Forever Champions.

I had the pleasure of watching him in Owen Sound before we traded him away for nothing, and he was just starting to come into his own. He's not going to be a star player, but he's going to be a good player that you're going to love. And the Isles get picks that help stock the cupboards. it was a pair of good moves for them

PensFan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:49 PM
bcarroll25

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan101 View Post
I had the pleasure of watching him in Owen Sound before we traded him away for nothing, and he was just starting to come into his own. He's not going to be a star player, but he's going to be a good player that you're going to love. And the Isles get picks that help stock the cupboards. it was a pair of good moves for them
that's the reason it's a terrible move.when you can draft a star you don't trade down to get good player.if we had buffalo's or nashville's scouts then i could see getting a quality player later on,but these clowns can't find their own *** with both hands.

bcarroll25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 08:51 PM
cjdv16

Quote:
Originally Posted by #66 View Post
Way to true and I'm pissed for you guys. The Isles need that future star and they could have had it IMO. Not only did they move down but there were better players at #9 than that plain jane pick.

Like most of you guys, I think that Bailey will be a good player... and thats it. When I saw him I thought a playmaking Brian Rolston.
thanks.

brian rolston. makes me feel great.

that will help me forget about filatov's dynamic moves real fast.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 09:03 PM
scott99

There were 3 offensive players I prayed the Isles would get, Filatov, Boedker & Hodgson, we had a chance at all 3, and picked Bailey. I really didn't want Schenn. The Isles, as usual, really screwed this up. Who cares how many 2nd round picks you have ? How many 2nd rounders wll be as good as Filatov and Boedker (I would bet anything those two become stars, especially since the Isles didn't draft them) ?

Here's some quotes from THN Draft guide on Bailey:

"He's just a smart and responsible two-way player", "I'd think in the NHL, he'd probably top out at as a 60-point guy", "He's a smooth skater, but I don't see the skll set of a high-end offensive player".

ISS chimes in with:

NHL Potential: Top 6- Hard working player who can contribute offensively without sacraficing defense

Style compares to: Andrew Brunette

Hmmm, just what we need, the next Andrew Brunette, that should help the second worst offense in the NHL. I feel much better now knowing we have the next Andrew Burnette and thirty 2nd round picks. Heck, the Rangers at #20 did better than us !

scott99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 09:04 PM
BMTABD

Old successful adage: Take the best player available

Can't believe we did this. If they really coveted this kid, keep the #5 pick and take either Schenn or Filatov. Then deal from strength; approach the club that drafts Bailey and cut a deal, guaranteed that we wind up with Bailey and another draft pick or someone decent off their club's roster. And while we are at it, if we had Schenn keep him, if Filatov make the deal if you are so concerned about his size.

BMTABD is offline   Reply With Quote