HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Gauthier + #1 Pick

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2004, 03:14 AM
vega007

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht
I'd much rather trade Gauither. His physicality is easily replacable as every flames defenceman can hit. Lydman is a very good puck mover and a huge asset on the powerplay. And the flames powerplay is hideous to say the least. Trading gauither gives the flames 3 D who can create offense (Leopold, Ference, Lydman) and three who main shut down guys (Regehr, Warrener, Montador/Commodore/Phaneuf/whoever). Plus Montador is a underrated offensive D and Ference and Leopold are great positionally and take the man alot. A very good mix. In conclusion, I wouldn't miss Gauither

is Pyatt still available?
I really disagree with you. Guys like Montador and Commodore are playing out of their skins in these playoffs, but I really can't see them getting it done in an 82 game season. Keep in mind that Gauthier is likely to miss all of training camp and some of the regular season, not very attractive for other teams and certainly drives his value down. I think the Flames, barring injuries, defensive pairs will look like this for the vast majority of next season:

Warrener(2)/Gauthier(4) - these guys played together all season and showed great chemisty

Regehr(1)/Leopold(3) - Regehr is a great stay at home D-man and Leopold has shown tremendous offensive promis

Ference(5)/Montador(6) - Ference is very physical and Montador is well, a sixth D-man in my opinion

(7) Commodore - I really can't see this guy getting past the waiver draft so expect us to deal him or, knowing the cheap ass Flames ownership group, one of the above to make room for him.

Of course you don't see Lydman on my list, because I really think he is going to get traded.

This leaves Phaneuf and Ramholt who are are still at least one year of junior and one year of minor away before they can make an impact, in my opinion

Old
05-31-2004, 03:17 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
Dennis G and a 1st would get a 16th to 20 pick

Roughr and a 1st might get you into the top between 6-10
Regehr wouldn't be moved for 1st overall. That's how important he is to the Flames.

Old
05-31-2004, 03:23 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBadBruins77
Ain't Gauthier a UFA at season, if so, he has no trade value.
Uh, nope. He's 26-27 years old.

Old
05-31-2004, 03:27 AM
vega007

Kolanos, the only prospect I can see Regehr getting moved for at this moment is this ovechkin kid

I really couldn't see him going for any other #1 overall

Old
05-31-2004, 06:12 AM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
Bouillon played solid and I say this even though I don't like the guy, I prefer Hainsey over him but you gotta give him credit. He played solid.

Dykhuis just needs confidence and Gauthier is better then him but even if we do acquire him, that will just put more people in the stands that we need to pay..forget that. he isn't anything special.

and if savard can make the 30th pick almost as good as the 18th then why don't you keep the 18th? he might make it as good as 8th?
Bouillon plays his heart in his sleeve for sure, but hes like a bug when trying to clear 6-4 guys away from crease. Gauthier is 6 inches taller 30 lbs heavier, he can actually get it done and his hits hurt quite a bit more.

You may be right about the logjam part. But still, Hainsey isnt going to play all the games anyway and there will always be injuries. I'd really like him as an insurance, another physical D to the left lane, incase Souray hurt his arm again, which wouldnt come as surprice to anyone.

Dykhuis, we dont need another confidence problem (Hainsey & Brisebois) with the big team. If he isnt bought out, he will stays down at AHL to give our prospect defencemen company.

For the record, I dont think hes top 4 material in the long run, its just that Habs miss this particular type of player badly. Habs have only Souray and Komisarek capable of playing physical, Rivet really isnt built for that.

Old
05-31-2004, 07:43 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
Of course you don't see Lydman on my list, because I really think he is going to get traded.

That would be a huge mistake. If they think they can get even half as far as they did this season, they must have Lydman in the lineup next year. He is the #2 d-man on the Flames and a rising young star, you don't trade guys like that unless you're upgrading that position, which the Flames aren't going to do.

Old
05-31-2004, 08:24 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by vega007
Kolanos, the only prospect I can see Regehr getting moved for at this moment is this ovechkin kid

I really couldn't see him going for any other #1 overall
I don't even think Ovechkin could get Regehr -- not with Sutter at the helm anyway. Everyone is getting to see Regehr in the SCF, certainly Sutter will be getting calls about him this summer, but he's tied to a long-term contract for good reason -- he's the future of the Flames.

Old
05-31-2004, 10:22 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
I don't even think Ovechkin could get Regehr -- not with Sutter at the helm anyway. Everyone is getting to see Regehr in the SCF, certainly Sutter will be getting calls about him this summer, but he's tied to a long-term contract for good reason -- he's the future of the Flames.

Old
05-31-2004, 10:45 AM
pappa jan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix
not that regehr is worth more than ovechkin but darryl sutter would never deal his franchise defensman. never! him and iginla is staying put. before this season, when sutter signed regehr to the franchise longest contract all time, he said that he expects regehr and iginla be the cornerstones of the team he is meant to build. and i don't think he has changed his mind about him after this season, including playoffs, and his world cup selection.

Old
05-31-2004, 11:09 AM
Phanuthier*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryoptix

Very insightful

Old
05-31-2004, 11:27 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

How much is Iggy going to ask for next year though? He'll obviously be qualified but I don't see him signing for that. I can see him asking for 8+ easy. Maybe even 9 if he wins the Conn Smythe.

Can calgary afford to have almost a third of their payroll tied up in one guy? As an Oilers fan I know that Calgary doesn't have that much more money then us and we could never even come close to offering 8+ to one player.

That being said with his value right now at an incredible level, you could likely get 2004 and 2005 1st round picks from Washington or the Pens.

But I can't see how Calgary can let their franchise player go either... Hopefully the new CBA will help out the poor teams.

I am still hoping for a luxury tax or $60 million with the luxury tax money being split up between teams with payrolls under 40 million or something.

Old
05-31-2004, 11:53 AM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by sehnsucht
I'd much rather trade Gauither. His physicality is easily replacable as every flames defenceman can hit. Lydman is a very good puck mover and a huge asset on the powerplay. And the flames powerplay is hideous to say the least. Trading gauither gives the flames 3 D who can create offense (Leopold, Ference, Lydman) and three who main shut down guys (Regehr, Warrener, Montador/Commodore/Phaneuf/whoever). Plus Montador is a underrated offensive D and Ference and Leopold are great positionally and take the man alot. A very good mix. In conclusion, I wouldn't miss Gauither

is Pyatt still available?
Not for Gauthier.

Old
05-31-2004, 01:48 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatman Phanutier

Old
06-01-2004, 09:00 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Not for Gauthier.
I don't think you'll get much better for him -- not that you won't, just that I don't think it will be much better. And I like Pyatt, but his stock is dropping fast.

Old
06-01-2004, 11:17 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolanos
I don't think you'll get much better for him -- not that you won't, just that I don't think it will be much better. And I like Pyatt, but his stock is dropping fast.
I think Pyatt's still got good trade value.He's 22/23.Gms always value big,fast youngsters with the potential to develop into a pf.

Old
06-01-2004, 11:47 AM
kolanos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I think Pyatt's still got good trade value.He's 22/23.Gms always value big,fast youngsters with the potential to develop into a pf.
It's probably still good (which is why the Sabres might consider making a move) -- but his value definately isn't appreciating right now.

Closed Thread