HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Discuss non-NYR TRADES here

Old
06-21-2008, 03:26 AM
NYReign

vCash: 500
BTW, am I correct in understanding that Montreal has negotiating rights to Sundin without sending anything to Toronto?? What the heck are they doing?

Islanders screwed themselves twice by losing Filatov and Wilson but they did stockpile a lot of picks and they need useable bodies as much as anything at this point (didn't they sign some kid off the scrap heap in the last week of the season because they ran out of defensemen?) Still, by all accounts, Bailey was a reach there and will have a lot to prove next year, though he will be in the NHL because they don't have much of a choice.

I don't like the guy the Devils got but I don't know much about him or the Swedish league (I assume it's easier to score there now that Henrik left but 6 points really?) and Lamoriello did a good job to steal picks. Don't understand Minnesota handing them a third to move up one spot to get Cuma when Carlson would have been a good approximation even if the Devils did grab Cuma at 23. But what do I know?

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:35 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

im still amazed Jokinen fetched so little. How on earth were we not totally over that. ive gotta think we could have bested that crap offer.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:49 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
im still amazed Jokinen fetched so little. How on earth were we not totally over that. ive gotta think we could have bested that crap offer.
What is the equivalent that the Rangers could've traded the Panthers?

Tyutin and Girardi?

I wouldn't make that trade.....Not for a guy who has NEVER made the playoffs in his career...

It's also possible/likely Florida didn't want to trade him in the Eastern Conference..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:55 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
What is the equivalent that the Rangers could've traded the Panthers?

Tyutin and Girardi?

I wouldn't make that trade.....Not for a guy who has NEVER made the playoffs in his career...

It's also possible/likely Florida didn't want to trade him in the Eastern Conference..
youre seriously going to use THAT as youre measuring stick? Ilya Kovlalchuk has never won a playoff game, does that mean you wouldnt want him on your team? Jokinen averages high 30's in goals, forwards like him dont grown on trees. They got him for 2 very replaceable defenseman and a low draft pick.

Tyutin and Girardi for jokinen? sign me the hell up. You could sign Orpik and Liles, and now have a legit scoring forward threat to play with Gomez.

Hopefully Sather is looking into Gaborik. I hope this sort of sets the bar on what it would take to pry him outta minnesota, because it set the bar pretty friggin low.

Old
06-21-2008, 03:59 AM
NYReign

Inferno, I was thinking the trade would set a good precedent for us (or someone else) to get Bouwmeester not Gaborik. The Panthers are well on their way to replacing the Islanders as the team that makes the worst trades (though losing Filatov and Wilson might keep the Islanders in the top spot for now) and they got two defensemen maybe to guard against not having JBo next year. Maybe we help them replace a forward that they lost in Jokinen and steal Bouwmeester? Anisimov, Callahan and a third lol?

/ pipe dream

Old
06-21-2008, 04:01 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYReign View Post
Inferno, I was thinking the trade would set a good precedent for us (or someone else) to get Bouwmeester not Gaborik. The Panthers are well on their way to replacing the Islanders as the team that makes the worst trades (though losing Filatov and Wilson might keep the Islanders in the top spot for now) and they got two defensemen maybe to guard against not having JBo next year. Maybe we help them replace a forward that they lost in Jokinen and steal Bouwmeester? Anisimov, Callahan and a third lol?

/ pipe dream
J Bou would be nice, but i think we can improve our D in the free agent market and not break the bank, im not sure that can be said about picking up a winger to play with Gomez. Me thinks Gaborik is that guy.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:11 AM
NYReign

True but how much should we be willing to give up? I agree Gaborik would be great to have but I'm worried if we give up too much we'll have the same one-dimensional situation where we need that line to score otherwise we lose.

How soon can we trade del Zotto lol? If we decide not to bring back Jags, could we deal Dubie, del Zotto and a couple of other lesser prospects and picks to bring him in? Thing is, I'm still not sure they'd go for that and I'm not sure how much more we could afford to lose..

Old
06-21-2008, 04:12 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Tyutin and Girardi for jokinen? sign me the hell up. You could sign Orpik and Liles, and now have a legit scoring forward threat to play with Gomez.
And if you don't sign Orpik and Liles? You're screwed. Then you're stuck with too many centers and not enough legit d-men. I don't like the idea of trying to make deal for another center and having another big contract at center.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 05:01 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
The problem is that the player equivalent would be Staal and Backman. Ballard along with Michalek were pretty untouchable for Phoenix. He has had three solid season and while is overall point production fell, his +/- has improved a lot over each of those seasons. I haven't watched him but one could assume he is shoring up his defensive skills. I would not trade Staal, Backman, and a draft pick for Jokinen. And don't think they'd take Tyutin or Girardi in Staals place.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 09:28 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
And if you don't sign Orpik and Liles? You're screwed. Then you're stuck with too many centers and not enough legit d-men. I don't like the idea of trying to make deal for another center and having another big contract at center.
Yea as much as the deal stinks for Florida it does give them a real good young D with Boumeester, Ballard, Boynton, Allen, VanRyn, Welch, Scrastins........to go with Good goaltending in Vokun and Anderson

So they better go after some forwards in the FA market and they likely will since they saved money on this deal

As for Phoenix they now have a legit #1 line with Jokinen and Doan AND some real good young forwards............BUT their D stinks and they better sign 2 FA D men and quick

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:02 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

I couldn't help checking HockeyBuzzard's site and from what I saw (the free stuff, I ain't giving the fraud eklund a dime) it appears he had nothing on every trade that was made yesterday. Nice work, buddy!

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I couldn't help checking HockeyBuzzard's site and from what I saw (the free stuff, I ain't giving the fraud eklund a dime) it appears he had nothing on every trade that was made yesterday. Nice work, buddy!
Dont even bother looking at his site, here's what he had up before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklund
Kings chances of moving #1 pick "greater than 50/50
The Kings have the #2 pick you idiot.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 05:16 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
Since Tanguay went to the Habs, do you guys seeing Mats land there as well? I believe he is (at least a part-time) Centerman... What's the Canadians salary cap like?
Tanguay can play as a center, but is mainly a LW who could play RW.

As for Mats and the salary cap, Bob has started to seriously negociate with Mats today. If not, he'll start tomorrow. After getting Tanguay, he's still interested in getting Sundin.

As for the salary cap, we sit at a little less than 40M$ with Tanguay on the roster.

We still have Andrei Kostitsyn, Josh Gorges and Ryan O'Byrne to resign though.

This should put us at about 45-46M... Which let us between 8 and 10M to sign Sundin.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote