HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Steve Quailer is the 3rd pick.....

Old
06-21-2008, 10:45 AM
znk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
Overaged?

I wonder where this pick comes from...

As much as I like Timmins work, I'm starting to be a little annoyed with all these american picks, have they become a powerhouse over night?... or it's because you don't have to sign them before another 3-4 years?
I might help if you go read up on some 1-2 year old articles on the subject.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Fido22

Lol @ the people whining every year at the american pics.

People never learn.

Go back to where you come from Komi, Higgins, McDo, Maxpac....

Lol! Same thing every year.

This is even more funny considering the habs got an 80 point french canadian winger yesterday. Lol!

Fido22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
I cant believe the whining.

What are they supposed to do? Humm the best player according to our team is an American....but wait we just drafted one. Lets skip him and draft this Canadian guy instead. Nonsense.

If they still pick the guy knowing the media and some fans will cry....then they must really believe he's the better guy.
Thanks for the post...can't stand those whiners...

Interesting pick to say the least!

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mustafa*

Quote:
I cant believe the whining.

What are they supposed to do? Humm the best player according to our team is an American....but wait we just drafted one. Lets skip him and draft this Canadian guy instead. Nonsense.

If they still pick the guy knowing the media and some fans will cry....then they must really believe he's the better guy.
Or they just dont care about crying fans and "angry" radio host who dont know anything about hockey. Wich is what i would do if i where them.

Mustafa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
Lol @ the people whinning every year at the american pics.

People never learn.

Go back to where you come from Komi, Higgins, McDo, Maxpac....

Lol! Same thing every year.

This is even more funny considering the habs got an 80 point french canadian winger yesterday. Lol!
Check the hometown,Gainey goofed, he thought it read Arvida.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:50 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

Well, I'm kinda happy they draft like this too. It's not because they're unknown to hfboards that they're not great. Timmins is indeed drafting ala Hakan Andersson.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:50 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quailer was rookie of the year and mvp of his team, I believe Pacioretty was rookie of the year the previous year. Quailer is headed to Northeastern next year, it's the first time we'll have a kid in Hockey East since Hainsey and another player we drafted from Northeastern Scott Selig. A US kid from Colorado (where Gillette lives) too bad he didn't opt to go to DU, would be able to see him playing against Fischer/McDonagh/Kishel/Kirsto in '09

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:53 AM
Lone Rogue

We trade our first round pick this year to acquire a high profile, superstar winger from Quebec, but WAH WAH TIMMINS IS SELECTING MORE AMERICANS!

You know, we could have selected Pascal Leclaire over Mike Komisarek. Would you be happy?

We could have selected Jeff Deslauriers instead of Higgins. Another local boy!

How about Steve Bernier over Andrei Kostitsyn? I'm sure theres one dolt around these boards who'd select Bernier over Kostitsyn because of GRIT GRIT GRIT BABY GRIT GRITTTTTTTT.

I'll draft who becomes the best player, not where they are from. We're still the envy of the NHL for our american selections in the 2007 Draft. We could have always selected Esposito and David Perron instead. Would you be happy?

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:54 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by centrehice View Post
umm.. look at Higgin's and Komi.
And Price, Lats, Kostitsyns, Plekanec...

Timmins has a favorable bias toward american players, anyone who doesn't see that is blind...

I don't mind the first pick, I wouldn't even mind the second one, but it's too many coincidences to suppose that the BPA is always an american... the fact is that Timmins might have a bigger crush on americans... Don't forget that we aren't americans and that once in a while, it would be kind a fun to take a very very very small (like a 3rd rounder) risk with a local kid... or just not the same origin... have you ever heard the saying "don't put all your eggs in the same basket"?

MTL-rules is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Don't forget that we aren't americans and that once in a while, it would be kind a fun to take a very very very small (like a 3rd rounder) risk with a local kid... or just not the same origin... have you ever heard the saying "don't put all your eggs in the same basket"?
You mean like how he selected Latendresse in 2005?

Oh right, Lats is fat, he doesn't count.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:55 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
We trade our first round pick this year to acquire a high profile, superstar winger from Quebec, but WAH WAH TIMMINS IS SELECTING MORE AMERICANS!

You know, we could have selected Pascal Leclaire over Mike Komisarek. Would you be happy?

How about Steve Bernier over Andrei Kostitsyn? I'm sure theres one dolt around these boards who'd select Bernier over Kostitsyn because of GRIT GRIT GRIT BABY GRIT GRITTTTTTTT.

I'll draft who becomes the best player, not where they are from. We're still the envy of the NHL for our american selections in the 2007 Draft. We could have always selected Esposito and David Perron instead. Would you be happy?

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:56 AM

Btw, Mtl with already a deep pool of prospect drafts which wont lose in 3 years if they dont sign them already.

That's one of the reason why they drafting all those NCAA players. They're saving money and time while their numbers of prosects developping keep growing.

1111111111111000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:57 AM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:

haha it's funny too because the two guys that people ***** about the most on our current roster are Lapierre and Latendresse, both French players.

YMCMBeaulieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:58 AM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
AMG TIMMINS IZ TRYING TO CONVERT US INTO AMERICANS!!! This is all a ploy. Some of you guys will ***** and moan about anything, it's ridiculous.

Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:59 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
I might help if you go read up on some 1-2 year old articles on the subject.
Yes more american players gets drafted... that doesn't mean they're better... far from it... there's a ton of american busts. But unlike us, americans tend to draft americans and they're not afraid of it or saying it...

Old
06-21-2008, 11:01 AM
ludger

Quote:
And Price, Lats, Kostitsyns, Plekanec...

Timmins has a favorable bias toward american players, anyone who doesn't see that is blind...

I don't mind the first pick, I wouldn't even mind the second one, but it's too many coincidences to suppose that the BPA is always an american... the fact is that Timmins might have a bigger crush on americans... Don't forget that we aren't americans and that once in a while, it would be kind a fun to take a very very very small (like a 3rd rounder) risk with a local kid... or just not the same origin... have you ever heard the saying "don't put all your eggs in the same basket"?
/////

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I'll draft who becomes the best player, not where they are from.
But that's just not true. Timmins said last year that drafting american kids permit us to evaluate them more.

So where they are from means something for him.

Timmins would just need to tell and explain that to the people. 2 players with the same kind of talent, the American will ALWAYS come on top 'cause of the way we can evaluate them. That's all.

As far as the player Qualier is concerned, it might be quite interesting. Some filling to do, and great speed for the size he has. Quite raw, but then that's why a guy like that is a good pick for the American system.

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:02 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

You're reinterpreting all...

It's not only about drafting local players, it's more about drafting mostly americans... it's different...

I actually don't care that much about Quebecers, except if they're good... and I'm also talking about last year draft, not before that...

Old
06-21-2008, 11:03 AM
znk

Quote:
Yes more american players gets drafted... that doesn't mean they're better... far from it... there's a ton of american busts. But unlike us, americans tend to draft americans and they're not afraid of it or saying it...
What?

Old
06-21-2008, 11:03 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
Or they just dont care about crying fans and "angry" radio host who dont know anything about hockey. Wich is what i would do if i where them.
It is embarrassing sometimes to be a Hab fan and listen to these stupid people complain. Someone will always complain about something. Maybe we should get Rejean Houle back so everyone can complain.
Also these online experts we claiming Justin Jokinen was a 1st rounder but if I am not mistaken 100 picks have gone by and I haven't seen his name.

I guess Poulin and Satari are the only goalies left ??

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:05 AM
ludger

Quote:

How about Getslaf or Carter, and Perron has already 15 more goals in the NHl than Pacioretty

ludger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:06 AM
znk

Quote:
You're reinterpreting all...

It's not only about drafting local players, it's more about drafting mostly americans... it's different...

I actually don't care that much about Quebecers, except if they're good... and I'm also talking about last year draft, not before that...
Are you complaining about Parcioretty and McDonagh ? You're hard to follow here and I'm most likely confused.

Old
06-21-2008, 11:07 AM
Lucius

Anyone who says Timmins favors Americans is missing the point.

He favors players he doesn't have to sign inside two years. NCAA players are the only ones left. Right now, Montreal is absolutely stocked full of prospects and we cannot sign them all. Why? Because he drafts well and we want to sign them all!

The best solution is to draft more NCAA players, because they can be in the system for four years before a decision needs to be made.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyven View Post
Well I like the stuff written about this kid.6-4 and fill out to over 200 lbs. and like Kristo ...SPEED/ SCORING ....sounds good

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:08 AM
kostitsyn1489

Look the Q players are getting worse every year. Our 1st pick overall wasnt good enough to eb drafted in the first round. The guy habs shouldve drafted in the first round still isnt drafted after over 100 pick.

If we would stop looking only in prolly the worst league in NA as far as developement goes mmaybe we would know some of the guy Timmins is drafted.

I've seen Kristo once plus video, looked good, loved his speed and smarts. I ha dnever heard of Qualier to be honest, but it looks like he's got some nice upside so we'll see.

I'm pissed that Jamie Arniel went to Boston tho, I'll have to hate him from now on hehe

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote