HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Bourret traded to the Yotes

Old
06-21-2008, 01:02 PM
JayMan82

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Wow.

Some people vastly overrate some of our guys.

Bourret has done nothing in 3 years in the AHL.

He had no future with the Rangers.

They traded a potential bust for the HIGHEST ranked Czech in the draft.

Solid trade.
No crap! Some PRODUCING players w/ NHL experience don't get traded for 3rd rounders and we traded someone w/ no experience at arguably his lowest stock... Great deal!

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:02 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
Montoya wasn't going to see the light of day here and his stock had fallen. Not to mention his injury problems and inconsistent play. I liked Montoya but let's be honest the way the market played out, Sather basically got what he could -- and I'm fairly happy with Leneveu and Sjostrom as a return.

If Montoya ends up lighting the world on fire over there in Phoenix I might agree with you.
that is true, but idk i had high hopes for Bourret here

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:04 PM
Vitto79

I am sure Montoya will make the NHL as a backup sometime..........likely not for a yr or two though since Phoenix has Ilya and Tellqvist locked up

Bourett....whatever...........he was'nt going to make the team people they have tons of guys ahead of him and more young players coming to Hartford

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:05 PM
jniklast

wow a only a late 3rd rounder for bourret, really bad deal imo. Though i wished to keep bourret another year, getting so feew out of the deal is horrible

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:08 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
wow a only a late 3rd rounder for bourret, really bad deal imo. Though i wished to keep bourret another year, getting so feew out of the deal is horrible
But, this draft was deep

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:08 PM
wa2k99

Good, he does not have a motor. Fine trade.

wa2k99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:09 PM
bagh

vCash: 562
Devil's advocate here...just a thought, maybe he didn't follow the Rangers directions again in some way regarding his development.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:10 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
I like Bourret, but I just don't think he progressed enough last season. He's fast though and I would have liked to see him get another year..I'm not crazy about this deal, but eh..it isn't the end of the world.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:13 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Ehhh not a great trade. Bourret needed another season in the AHL before judging his potential value.

Plus I'll miss watching him.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:14 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrJeff View Post
this is just an awful deal, in every way.

trade one of your top prospects (and one of very few who actually projected as a top two line winger) to pick a guy 40+ spots ahead of where he was ranked?

Ridiculous.
Don't fret, Bourret is just another one of our undersized wingers we don't need any more of

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:14 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
I didn't like the Montoya deal, but Bourret is garbage

Old
06-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Bourret has done nothing in 3 years in the AHL.
Now I'm not saying Bourret is the greatest but you're completely wrong. Did you not see what he did for Hartford when he was first acquired? Last year he had his fair share of injuries but always played very hard and with lots of emotion. When he came back at the end of the year his offensive game was starting to come back together. I'll miss him.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
beastly115

Glad he's gone. He was clogging up the pipeline for the rest of our prospects.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Levitate

Don't know that I'd have traded Bourrett this early...would have liked to see him get one more year. But I'm not terribly upset about it either, really. I was pretty disappointed in Bourrett last year and honestly more excited about Jessimans progress than Bourrett

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:23 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Now I'm not saying Bourret is the greatest but you're completely wrong. Did you not see what he did for Hartford when he was first acquired? Last year he had his fair share of injuries but always played very hard and with lots of emotion. When he came back at the end of the year his offensive game was starting to come back together. I'll miss him.
http://www.outsidethegarden.com/pros...le.asp?PID=138

Overrated.

Does that look like someone who deserves this kind of hype and hoopla?

He is on the verge of bust.

If he picks it up somewhere else, so be it. But we still got the highest ranked Czech in the draft for him.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:29 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
like i said two good trades to abunch of bad ones. man you know Sjostrom is worth Montoya+, because he got what 4 points on our team.
Neither Montoya nor Bourrett will have a significant NHL career. Neither can stay healthy and both struggle with consistency. On top of that, Bourrett has a poor work ethic. I'm not sad to see him go.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:32 PM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I am sure Montoya will make the NHL as a backup sometime..........likely not for a yr or two though since Phoenix has Ilya and Tellqvist locked up

Bourett....whatever...........he was'nt going to make the team people they have tons of guys ahead of him and more young players coming to Hartford
In two years,Montoya becomes a UFA.Nice trade

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:46 PM
FLYLine24*

What the hell is Sather thinking? Terrible.

You don't throw a potential 2nd line player away because he struggled a bit with injuries.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:47 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

So Bourret has attitude issues and shows up to camp in the "wrong shape" and we want to keep him around?

The Rangers have shown the past 4 years that if you earn a spot you will get a chance and Bourret never earned his spot. Trading him for a pick/player you like is the right thing to do...

We have people that posted in this thread that want to rake Sather over the coals for trades he has made. The one thing Sather hasn't done since the Dunham trade (nearly 6 years ago) is trade youth for vets...he traded a kid with obvious issues today...a kid that after 3 pro seasons wasn't making the NHL next season..

This is a world of "what have you done for me lately" and Bourret did very little...it's too bad because the talent is there...

a bust prospect for a 3rd line pick is called a terrible trade....tough crowd..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:49 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
So Bourret has attitude issues and shows up to camp in the "wrong shape" and we want to keep him around?

The Rangers have shown the past 4 years that if you earn a spot you will get a chance and Bourret never earned his spot. Trading him for a pick/player you like is the right thing to do...

We have people that posted in this thread that want to rake Sather over the coals for trades he has made. The one thing Sather hasn't done since the Dunham trade (nearly 6 years ago) is trade youth for vets...he traded a kid with obvious issues today...a kid that after 3 pro seasons wasn't making the NHL next season..

This is a world of "what have you done for me lately" and Bourret did very little...it's too bad because the talent is there...

A 21 year old kid who put up 98 points in 134 AHL games is a bust already?

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:51 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

Hes 21 years old, a tad bit presumptive to call him a bust at the moment isnt it?

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:52 PM
In The Flesh

whatever, was meh on this Bourret kid anyway, just pisses me off that Sather keeps hooking up Maloney.

The Montoya trade was pathetic, just for the record.

Oh well, looks as if PHO may become my team out west as they are soon becoming Rangers South/West, whatever you want to call it.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
Hes 21 years old, a tad bit presumptive to call him a bust at the moment isnt it?
After 3 pro seasons and two organizations (wait this makes it three now) what else do you want to call him?

This is a kid that had problems in camp in Atlanta...had problems playing for the chicago wolves...got traded to the Rangers..played good in hartford then didn't follow the teams instructions last year...couldn't get healthy this past season struggled most of it when he played.....with a 50 contract limit..with baggage surrounding him...

the rangers traded a depth prospect today..nothing more...

oh i know what the REAL problem is...we traded a former 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick...so that must mean sather is an idiot who can't judge value or talent...but then when we actually look at what's gone on surrounding this kid it's a good trade...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:56 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
That Avery trade sucked too, what a terrible GM Sather is
even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again....

Sather's trades are horrible...

Now go get Cambell and Kovalchuk or Malkin or something you stupid fat ****!

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:57 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
After 3 pro seasons and two organizations (wait this makes it three now) what else do you want to call him?

This is a kid that had problems in camp in Atlanta...had problems playing for the chicago wolves...got traded to the Rangers..played good in hartford then didn't follow the teams instructions last year...couldn't get healthy this past season struggled most of it when he played.....with a 50 contract limit..with baggage surrounding him...

the rangers traded a depth prospect today..nothing more...

oh i know what the REAL problem is...we traded a former 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick...so that must mean sather is an idiot who can't judge value or talent...but then when we actually look at what's gone on surrounding this kid it's a good trade...
an underachiever, for sure. A bust? hardly.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote