HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourret traded to the Yotes

Old
06-21-2008, 01:57 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
What the hell is Sather thinking? Terrible.

You don't throw a potential 2nd line player away because he struggled a bit with injuries.
It's more than injuries, FLY. Squishy has often referred to his head being the biggest thing holding him back. I can't quibble with what the Rangers have done the past three years. The players who have earned ice time have played, which I expext to continue with the likes of Korpikoski, Potter and Byers having legitimate chances to make the Rangers. They liked the kid Kundratek...if he turns out to be a player, the deal is worth Bourret.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:58 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
A 21 year old kid who put up 98 points in 134 AHL games is a bust already?
I can list a ton of guys who can put up points in the AHL but can't in the NHL..

Not to mention and lets get right down to it...this kid doesn't get what it takes to be an NHL player...will that change? it might, but his time is up in this organization..the rangers give kids shots and bourret couldn't make it out of day 3 of training camp last season...

at some point it's time to call a spade a spade...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:59 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
After 3 pro seasons and two organizations (wait this makes it three now) what else do you want to call him?

This is a kid that had problems in camp in Atlanta...had problems playing for the chicago wolves...got traded to the Rangers..played good in hartford then didn't follow the teams instructions last year...couldn't get healthy this past season struggled most of it when he played.....with a 50 contract limit..with baggage surrounding him...

the rangers traded a depth prospect today..nothing more...

oh i know what the REAL problem is...we traded a former 1st round pick for a 3rd round pick...so that must mean sather is an idiot who can't judge value or talent...but then when we actually look at what's gone on surrounding this kid it's a good trade...
Problem is he should have traded something we have a ton of down in hartford....future 3rd and 4th liners. Not throw away one of the few potential top 6 forwards. I never heard he had trouble following instructions in HFD either.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
an underachiever, for sure. A bust? hardly.
an underachiever is a nice way of saying he's a bust..

Old
FLYLine24*

Quote:
I can list a ton of guys who can put up points in the AHL but can't in the NHL..

Not to mention and lets get right down to it...this kid doesn't get what it takes to be an NHL player...will that change? it might, but his time is up in this organization..the rangers give kids shots and bourret couldn't make it out of day 3 of training camp last season...

at some point it's time to call a spade a spade...
But what about 18,19, 20 year olds?

He was the youngest player in the AHL a couple years and put those numbers up.

I'm not terribly pissed about the trade, but I would have rather him ship off Dupont or someone.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Levitate

Quote:
You don't throw a potential 2nd line player away because he struggled a bit with injuries.
I don't think it's just injuries. Like I said, I wouldn't have given up on him yet, but the guy obviously has issues with playing the game on a pro level. I think it's a lot more likely the Rangers didn't like where the kids head was

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Problem is he should have traded something we have a ton of down in hartford....future 3rd and 4th liners. Not throw away one of the few potential top 6 forwards. I never heard he had trouble following instructions in HFD either.
i meant last offseason when he "trained the wrong way"

I think it's impossible to call Bourret anything more then a future 3rd or 4th line player at this point..

I don't think we traded a potential top 6 forward here (i could be wrong) i think we traded at best a depth guy in the NHL...AT BEST..

Just because that's what his MO was when he was drafted doesn't mean that's what it is 3 years later. This is a kid that has shown serious issues with dealing with what it takes to be a pro player. The Rangers didn't release him or waive him they used him as an asset to get a kid they liked more..what's wrong with that?

Old
06-21-2008, 02:02 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

So basically its Dupuis for this Kondrat kid

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:05 PM
Vaheh

Send a message via MSN to Vaheh
Whoever doesn't work out in Hartford gets sent to Phoenix I guess

Vaheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
But what about 18,19, 20 year olds?

He was the youngest player in the AHL a couple years and put those numbers up.

I'm not terribly pissed about the trade, but I would have rather him ship off Dupont or someone.
Things have happend in two years though Fly..

I'd rather keep Dupont who i think could turn out to be something more then he showed last year..

Just because he was the youngest player in the AHL putting up points doesn't mean it will translate in the NHL..it also doesn't mean he hasn't regressed because of his stubborness and injuries....this is his 3rd team in 4 years now.....also and i think this is being overlooked a bit...sports are all about what have you done for me lately...not what did he do 2 or 3 years ago..

Old
06-21-2008, 02:08 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Damn, why didn't he trade Bourret to move up and get Staal?

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:19 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
So basically its Dupuis for this Kondrat kid
We'd like to thank the Rangers for Dupus. He played 89 games in Atlanta and scored 20 points and was a regular on our PK Unit. Helped us make the playoffs.

Then we were able to flip him and Hossa at the deadline (for a two month rental) for 2 NHL roster players, a 1st round pick and a prospect taken in the 1st round.

So if the Thrashers were stupid to trade Dupuis for Bourret as soooo many Ranger fans posted in 2007, what does that make Sather for trading for Dupuis only to realize that he's a head case after a year and a half?

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falconer View Post
We'd like to thank the Rangers for Dupus. He played 89 games in Atlanta and scored 20 points and was a regular on our PK Unit. Helped us make the playoffs.

Then we were able to flip him and Hossa at the deadline (for a two month rental) for 2 NHL roster players, a 1st round pick and a prospect taken in the 1st round.

So if the Thrashers were stupid to trade Dupuis for Bourret as soooo many Ranger fans posted in 2007, what does that make Sather for trading for Dupuis only to realize that he's a head case after a year and a half?
Oh stop. The Rangers still make that trade any day of the week. We've been through this many times before - there was no place for Dupuis on the Rangers. As such, the mere potential that Bourret would pan out was worth more to them than Dupuis. Moving Dupuis also created room for Ryan Callahan. So yeah, it's still a good trade for the Rangers.

Remind me again how many playoff games Dupuis helped the Thrashers win? That was the point of getting him wasn't it?

06-21-2008, 02:25 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

Dupuis was a throw in in the Hossa trade...lets not get to carried away here..

also..

I'd still make the Dupuis for Bourret trade...Dupuis is a depth player and Bourrett HAD potential and talent to be something more...it didn't pan out but not all trades do..

btw how did Dupuis (and his teammates) do the only time the Thrashers made the playoffs? that trade may have helped Atlanta down the stretch but it didn't hurt the Rangers in the playoffs in 2007..did it?

We have about 6 or 7 Pascal Dupuis (3rd line forwards) running around here in the system...

Old
06-21-2008, 02:25 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Somehow, I'm guessing that was the value of the deal. Frankly, the Rangers were not going to re-sign Dupuis, and got value. They had a look at him for a year-and-a-half, and decided they didn't like what they saw. Your GM is still an idiot...and I'll be looking forward to the day we sign Kovalchuk to a long term deal.

Old
06-21-2008, 02:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Somehow, I'm guessing that was the value of the deal. Frankly, the Rangers were not going to re-sign Dupuis, and got value. They had a look at him for a year-and-a-half, and decided they didn't like what they saw. Your GM is still an idiot.
braydon coburn for alexei zhitnik...

i don't think anything else needs to be said...

Old
06-21-2008, 02:30 PM
KevFist
is best pony

Anybody want that Dupuis/Bourret trade back now?

KevFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:31 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
braydon coburn for alexei zhitnik...

i don't think anything else needs to be said...
Throw in the boost he gave the Blues' rebuilding program for the rental of KT. And, frankly, he should have drafted Filatov yesterday and kept his star happy.

Old
06-21-2008, 02:33 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneel View Post
Anybody want that Dupuis/Bourret trade back now?

Why...the Rangers WERE NOT going to re-sign Dupuis, and the deal gave Ryan Callahan a spot in the lineup...the Rangers got an asset for a player who was going to walk away at the end of the year, and still got an asset for him a year-and-a-half later.

Old
06-21-2008, 02:36 PM
bagh

vCash: 562
I don't get what the smugness is all about from these guys. It seems like a lot of Rangers fans wish we actually kept the kid.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:38 PM
Unk

I dunno how happy I am with the trade. I was thinking Bourret might take a turn for the better next season, especially with his new contract coming up.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:40 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again....

Sather's trades are horrible...

Now go get Cambell and Kovalchuk or Malkin or something you stupid fat ****!
JM in Florida can't seem to find that nut you are referring to. Maybe we should show Sather the door and pick up JM eh?

Then you'd have something to whine about. He could trade Lundqvist for Bertuzzi, Auld, and Allen and Gomez for Keith Ballard and a waiver wire spare part.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Oh stop. The Rangers still make that trade any day of the week. We've been through this many times before - there was no place for Dupuis on the Rangers. As such, the mere potential that Bourret would pan out was worth more to them than Dupuis. Moving Dupuis also created room for Ryan Callahan. So yeah, it's still a good trade for the Rangers.

Remind me again how many playoff games Dupuis helped the Thrashers win? That was the point of getting him wasn't it?
Your GM traded a NHL player for a head case and then you guys went on and on about what a great trade it was.

I said at the time that Bourret was a case and now a year and half later it is pretty obvious to everyone except a few Blueshirt cool aid drinkers.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:47 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Your GM traded a NHL player for a head case and then you guys went on and on about what a great trade it was.

I said at the time that Bourret was a case and now a year and half later it is pretty obvious to everyone except a few Blueshirt cool aid drinkers.
Do you even bother to read responses or are you here just to stir things up?

The Rangers had no use for Dupuis. They dealt for a guy with potential. As such, they got basically something for nothing as they did not want to keep Dupuis and certainly were not going to resign him.

Even after the trade the team managed to win two playoff series. Which is more than the number of playoff games the Thrashers won.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 02:48 PM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:

So Dupuis is still a Thrasher? How did he do this year for you guys? Surely he must have lead you to the playoffs or at least won you a few games here and there with his excellent two way play and speed.

Oh wait...

As SBOB said, how did big bad Dupuis do in the playoffs that year, you know when the Rangers swept your pathetic excuse for a franchise out of the playoffs.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote