HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourret traded to the Yotes

Old
06-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Enstrom39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Do you even bother to read responses or are you here just to stir things up?

The Rangers had no use for Dupuis. They dealt for a guy with potential. As such, they got basically something for nothing as they did not want to keep Dupuis and certainly were not going to resign him.

Even after the trade the team managed to win two playoff series. Which is more than the number of playoff games the Thrashers won.
Apparently you can't read either. You gave up a NHL roster player for basically nothing. If you didn't have room for him your GM should have packaged him in a trade for something you guys could really use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
As SBOB said, how did big bad Dupuis do in the playoffs that year, you know when the Rangers swept your pathetic excuse for a franchise out of the playoffs.

If I recall correctly the Rangers didn't win the Stanley Cup in 2007 or 2008. In fact you had a pretty good team but flamed yet again in the playoffs. What is that again one Cup in about 50 years. Maybe if you didn't just give away assets like Dupuis, but packed them for key additions at the deadline like Pittsburgh did you would get further in the playoffs.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:01 PM
eco's bones

It seems like we might have done a little better than a late 3rd rounder but Bourret regressed last year--he seems at least one more year away from the NHL and maybe longer. From everything I've heard he has the skills. It's obvious that the Rangers have reached certain conclusions about him which might have as much to do with things off the ice. Anyway he was disappointing last year.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:05 PM
John Torturella

Don Maloney loves our prospects. Maybe we can get something good from him for Prucha.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:07 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falconer View Post
Apparently you can't read either. You gave up a NHL roster player for basically nothing. If you didn't have room for him your GM should have packaged him in a trade for something you guys could really use.

If I recall correctly the Rangers didn't win the Stanley Cup in 2007 or 2008. In fact you had a pretty good team but flamed yet again in the playoffs. What is that again one Cup in about 50 years. Maybe if you didn't just give away assets like Dupuis, but packed them for key additions at the deadline like Pittsburgh did you would get further in the playoffs.
Dupuis is garbage. The Rangers have about 20 guys in the system who can do what he does. To call him an "asset" is an extreme overrating.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:09 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
The Ranger gave up a NHL roster player that they had no use for and did not want. And the results were they made the playoffs and won a round (defeating the team they dealt said player to). They were not going to resign Dupuis.

They traded him for a player they liked. Seemingly they soured on him and they moved him for another player they like.

At the end of the day, they rid themselves of a player they did not need/want. The potential of Bourret (and now Kundratek) was/is worth more to the Rangers than Pascal Dupuis. So yeah, its still a very good trade for the Rangers.

06-21-2008, 04:10 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I cant believe you guys are even arguing with this thrashers fan. I would trade dupuis for a 5th or 6th round pick, as it turns out we turned him into a 3rd, no complaints here...
There will never be a situation where there isn't someone in the minors I wouldn't want on our roster ahead of dupuis, he's a complete waste of a roster spot...
Any time a gm can trade a pascal dupuis for someone elses 1st rounder (headache, problem child, injury prone or not) hes done a good job..
Sathers an ahole in my opinion, but one thing I wouldnt complain about is his trades

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Dupuis is garbage. The Rangers have about 20 guys in the system who can do what he does. To call him an "asset" is an extreme overrating.
I don't think Dupuis is garbage at all. But he did not have a place with the Rangers and losing him did not hurt the Rangers.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
eco's bones

I wouldn't say Dupuis is garbage but he didn't fit in with the kind of team we had here. I still think moving him for Bourret was an astute move--it just didn't work out. Not everything does.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Wow.

Some people vastly overrate some of our guys.

Bourret has done nothing in 3 years in the AHL.

He had no future with the Rangers.

They traded a potential bust for the HIGHEST ranked Czech in the draft.
Solid trade.
Problem might be that Czech young junior players simply sucks.
Solid trade imo. Bourret had three years in ahl to show something.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:13 PM
Boognish

Quote:
As such, the mere potential that Bourret would pan out was worth more to them than Dupuis.
Really? Interesting. When did the NHL add a potential column to the boxscores? How many games do most teams win with potential? At least potential and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee. I think you oughta be happy to get anything for Bourret.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:16 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boognish View Post
Really? Interesting. When did the NHL add a potential column to the boxscores? How many games do most teams win with potential? At least potential and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee. I think you oughta be happy to get anything for Bourret.
Yea your right, potential is nothing, just worth a buck for a cup of coffee.

So I guess if you had the chance to draft Crosby you will decline and rather take a 4th line fighter that scores every 50 games because that is much more important then potential, which again, can just buy you a cup of coffee.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:17 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
I don't think Dupuis is garbage at all. But he did not have a place with the Rangers and losing him did not hurt the Rangers.
Maybe not garbage if used in the right role, but to put him on the first line on any team is a joke. He only managed 27 points this year playing with Hossa for much of the year and Crosby and Malkin at the end.

In the proper role, 3rd-4th line, he can be a useful player. Once again, the Rangers have a bunch of players who can do what he does.

Old
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
If potential means nothing, how about you ship us your first round draft pick next year for Christian Backman. I mean Backman has made it to the NHL, and all you'll be drafting is potential...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Um OK.

You want to mention boxscores? They beat the team they traded him to in the playoffs. They had a better record than the team they traded to the following season.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:18 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Losing Dupuis may not have hurt, but neither did it really help you either. Why not trade him for something that could get you a CUP?

Old
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Kendo

The worst part about the trade

is that we can't put a "mistakenly Russian" line of Korpikoski - Dubinsky - Bourret out on the ice next year.

And Falconer, we (in essence) traded an impending UFA (and a role player at that)for a 2008 3rd rd. pick. That's not bad asset management. That's pretty much a going rate, no?

On a side note for all you Coyote fans, good job landing Jokinen while dumping Boynton. Good to see Donnie doing a nice job.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Losing Dupuis may not have hurt, but neither did it really help you either. Why not trade him for something that could get you a CUP?
And we know what this third round draft pick is going to turn into, right? For all we, the kid could be a star in the league for 15 years.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Dupuis wouldnt get us much value, the only reason you got Espo, Army, Christansen, and the 1st is ALL HOSSA, Dupuis is worth the most of a 5th rounder, and we got a 3rd for him so its alright

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:25 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
I think if someone offered the Rangers the second line center or big crease-clearing defenseman they needed to help them win the Cup they probably would have made that trade instead. Nobody did. So the Rangers made a move that they felt made them better in the present (opening a space for Callahan) and in the future (getting a guy who at the time was one of the Thrashers top prospects and a guy the Rangers wanted to draft in the first place.)

Old
06-21-2008, 04:25 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
And we know what this third round draft pick is going to turn into, right? For all we, the kid could be a star in the league for 15 years.
Could be, then again could be nothing.

The clock is ticking, nobody stays a contender forever. The Rangers had an elite team for the three post-lockout period and never rolled the dice to got after the Cup hard like some other clubs.

This is pretty much the history of the franchise-some nice regular seasons, some scoring titles, almost no Cups. One Cup in 68 years in nothing to be proud of, your GM ought to be going for the brass ring when you have a shot at inside of just piling up draft chits.

Old
06-21-2008, 04:29 PM
SML

Well, I was a little surprised by this one, but whatever. The thing I keep telling myself is that the management team has all the info and I don't. If a kid has conditioning issues, or a bad attitude, or doesn't get along in the lockerroom, or likes the nightlife too much, it doesn't show up on the scoresheet and I can't tell by watching 30 second youtube clips. These guys know the players better than we ever will. For us to dump a kid like Bourret means either they had a problem with something about him that they didn't see him fixing, or that somebody in the organization moved past him on the depth chart. For them to drop him with our upcoming roster uncertainty, I'm leaning toward the former more than the latter. Getting a high ranked Euro in return is okay by me because I thihnk our Euro scouting is one of the stronger points of our staff.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Could be, then again could be nothing.

The clock is ticking, nobody stays a contender forever. The Rangers had an elite team for the three post-lockout period and never rolled the dice to got after the Cup hard like some other clubs.

This is pretty much the history of the franchise-some nice regular seasons, some scoring titles, almost no Cups. One Cup in 68 years in nothing to be proud of, your GM ought to be going for the brass ring when you have a shot at inside of just piling up draft chits.
1- We were never an elite team, an elite team is Detroit, Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Dallas

2- How many cups has Atlanta won?

3- It was a prospect for a 3rd rounder. Dupuis, Hall for a 3rd is REALLY good.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Kendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
2- How many cups has Atlanta won?
I know, right?

Fans of glass organizations....

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Richter35

what im HOPING is that the conditional pick coming to us from the montoya trade is a 2nd next year, and since maloney knows he's re-signing monty this could be viewed as something like bourret for a 2nd and 3rd. but im probably wrong, weird trade nonetheless, i thought we'd give him another chance

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 05:02 PM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
I'm not upset by the trade, but I keep feeling like we aren't giving prospects enough time. Not every prospect is ready for the NHL at 21/22, and most prospects have ups and downs. Is Bourret ever going to be a solid NHL player? Maybe, maybe not. But I feel like we would have known better if we had given another season to bounce back. Same with Montoya.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote