HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Chris Kelly 4 years

Old
06-20-2008, 10:51 PM
JeffYear92*

vCash: 500
2.1 Million For a Third Liner

IS an Over Payment

get over it

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2008, 11:57 PM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
It is a considerable over payment and it means that someone who is
more valuable such as Vermette or Mezsaros will not be staying.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:04 AM
HockeyThoughts
Delivering The Truth

vCash: 1550
Sticky?

HockeyThoughts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:46 AM
Sting

Send a message via MSN to Sting
I love how the Leaf fan gets beat, and instead of acknowledging it, goes back to the same argument. Ahhh, how I love HF.

Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:52 AM
detredWINgs

Is this really that bad of a deal? I mean, guys like this are pretty invaluable. And you can probably bank on Kelly having a year or two out of his contract where he gets around 18 goals or so.

detredWINgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:06 PM
ReLyT

Send a message via MSN to ReLyT
I didnt think it was much of a overpayment and honestly the hostility toward Kelly is pretty mind boggling right now... he's a great leader, always gives 110% is amazing defensively and can pot in a few here and there... he's able to slot into the top six when needed... I think its a great signing...

I know alot of teams were hoping for Kelly to hit the open market...

ReLyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 03:44 PM
discostu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReLyT View Post
I didnt think it was much of a overpayment and honestly the hostility toward Kelly is pretty mind boggling right now... he's a great leader, always gives 110% is amazing defensively and can pot in a few here and there... he's able to slot into the top six when needed... I think its a great signing...

I know alot of teams were hoping for Kelly to hit the open market...
Agreed. As a player, Chris Kelly is a pretty hard player to dislike. He does all of the little things that people claim they want out of their players.

The contract is higher than one would like, but, we're talking about a $2.1M contract. The salary was never going to be much less than that. People are quibbling about a couple of hundred thousand, as if it makes or breaks the team.

He's a solid utility forward. With as much youth as we'll be breaking in our the bottom two lines in the coming year, he will be an important player to have.

discostu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:18 AM
pepty
Let's win it all

vCash: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
Agreed. As a player, Chris Kelly is a pretty hard player to dislike. He does all of the little things that people claim they want out of their players.

The contract is higher than one would like, but, we're talking about a $2.1M contract. The salary was never going to be much less than that. People are quibbling about a couple of hundred thousand, as if it makes or breaks the team.

He's a solid utility forward. With as much youth as we'll be breaking in our the bottom two lines in the coming year, he will be an important player to have.
This is a long term contract at about double what Kelly made last year. That's a big reward for Kelly who did not have a good year last year, and who has very limited upside. He is 28 yrs next month and his play regressed rather than improving last year.

He is a good player to have on board, but that is not a good contract for the Sens.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote