HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourret traded to the Yotes

Old
06-21-2008, 04:11 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
1- We were never an elite team, an elite team is Detroit, Pittsburgh, San Jose, and Dallas

2- How many cups has Atlanta won?

3- It was a prospect for a 3rd rounder. Dupuis, Hall for a 3rd is REALLY good.
How many playoff games has Atlanta won?

I hate debating Thrashers posters....They usualy respond with stuff like "well we were winning game 4 in the 2nd period" and "Without Dupuis Pittsburgh wouldn't have wanted Hossa"

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I was going to comment on the Bourret trade, but I see we've oved on already.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 06:26 PM
squishy

First of all, Bourret has played TWO professional seasons. His first season (2006-2007) was split between the Chicago Wolves and the Wolfpack. You folks need to look closer when you scan the stat page.

Bourret certainly has issues. As I've said here many times before, they're primarily mental. Yes, his season was injury-plagued, and that was no fault of his own. But the Rangers didn't ship him out to Pheonix today because he didn't produce. He proved in the first half season he played in Hartford and again this year in the playoffs that he could produce. The problem was he turned around and came to camp unprepared (undertrained, overtrained, wrongly-trained, whatever you want to call it) and after that got him quickly demoted to Hartford he proceeded to sulk through his first month and a half in Hartford. By the time it seemed he might have pulled his head out of his butt, the string of injuries had begun. Personally, I would have liked to have seen him get another year to prove himself. Two pro seasons is definitely not enough time to rule a player a bust, IMHO. Just look at how much time they're giving Huge.

But on the other hand, I can't really argue against the trade either. The Rangers have made it a priority to draft and acquire character players, and there is absolutely nothing to suggest Bourret fits that profile. Based on things I've read and heard that are completely and totally unsubstantiated, it seemed he was more keen on blaming the coaching staff for his failures than looking in a mirror. So when the opportunity arose they flipped him for a 3rd round pick. If in three years it turns out Kundratek never sets foot on North American soil, and Bourret goes on to become a top 6 forward, maybe I'll be upset. Right now, I'm having trouble caring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I'm not terribly pissed about the trade, but I would have rather him ship off Dupont or someone.
Absolutely not! All everyone here does is piss and moan about how the Rangers have nothing but small, undersized wingers, and you want to give up on a kid with size that had a good (no, not great) rookie pro season and showed the ability to put points up when paired with the right partners, on top of being able play both ends of the ice, kill penalties, and throw his weight around?

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 08:48 PM
bagh

vCash: 562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
"Without Dupuis Pittsburgh wouldn't have wanted Hossa"
sorry, but did someone actually say that or is that hyperbole? If they said that, then they seriously need to get their head out of their homer butt cause that is one of the most assinine statements I have ever heard.

bagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falconer View Post
If I recall correctly the Rangers didn't win the Stanley Cup in 2007 or 2008. In fact you had a pretty good team but flamed yet again in the playoffs. What is that again one Cup in about 50 years. Maybe if you didn't just give away assets like Dupuis, but packed them for key additions at the deadline like Pittsburgh did you would get further in the playoffs.
Haha, you talk about flaming out yet your team didn't come close to making it.

A Thrashers fan is one of the last places I'd ever look for wisdom about playoff success.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 09:35 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

I don't like this deal. He had top six potential

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 09:40 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
why do my 2 favorite teams always seem to be trading together? not only that but PHX keeps winning these deals unless of course Kundratek turns out really well....i guess i can't complain.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 09:52 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by d a n n y View Post
I don't like this deal. He had top six potential
He certainly didn't show it very consistently, though.

Old
06-21-2008, 10:06 PM
FLYLine24*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
He certainly didn't show it very consistently, though.
Consistently is a problem with most young players..especially 20-21 year olds...

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Consistently is a problem with most young players..especially 20-21 year olds...
Consistency in their game, maybe, but not in their effort. Everything I've read about Alex is that he goes in to deep funks for extended periods. I am sure there is much more to this than we know, but I really can't get too worked up about this trade.

Old
06-21-2008, 10:20 PM
Enstrom39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
How many playoff games has Atlanta won?

I hate debating Thrashers posters....They usualy respond with stuff like "well we were winning game 4 in the 2nd period" and "Without Dupuis Pittsburgh wouldn't have wanted Hossa"
Let's see:

NY Rangers 1 Cup in the last 68 years
Thrashers 0 Cups in the last 8 years

Brag away, that's a huge record of accomplishment there. At least in our one playoff appearance our GM made moves to improve the team instead of standing pat, but this board seems really excited about stockpiling 3rd picks in future drafts. Enjoy those 3rd rounders while other teams actually go for the brass ring and win it.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:38 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
why do my 2 favorite teams always seem to be trading together? not only that but PHX keeps winning these deals unless of course Kundratek turns out really well....i guess i can't complain.
While i agree with you in theory, the fact about trading for Kundratek at this point stands at all he has to do is play 1 nhl game and we won this trade.

And just a note about Bourret, niether the Thrashers nor Rangers have exactly been league powerhouse the past few yrs, yet this guy was a 2005 first round draft pick, 16 overall, 4 spots behind M. Staal, and he hasn't touched nhl for a single game???
Granted he's 21, so hes got time before he can be called a bust, but i cant say im sad to see him go.
Jeez, could you imagine if we could get a 3rd rounder for jessiman!!!!

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:54 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Let's see:

Brag away, that's a huge record of accomplishment there. At least in our one playoff appearance our GM made moves to improve the team instead of standing pat, but this board seems really excited about stockpiling 3rd picks in future drafts. Enjoy those 3rd rounders while other teams actually go for the brass ring and win it.
Yes, we have an extremely pathetic past. What the **** is your point? Add something constructive or go the hell away.

Maybe Bourret will be able to turn it around in PHX. I'm gonna assume that the FO had soured on the kid considerably, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that this was a reasonable deal.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:17 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Let's see:

You've got a pretty weak argument there buddy.

NY Rangers 11 playoff wins (2 series victories) in the last 8 years
Atlanta Thrashers 0 playoff wins in the last 8 years.

See, we can play around with stats as well. I think it's time for you to go away now.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:38 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Let's see:

wow your team really improved from getting swept in the 1st round by none other than the Rangers, and then you guys get the 3rd overall pick with the 3rd worst record in the NHL. keep drinking the Thrasher kool-aid buddy because once Kovalchuk goes to FA, the Thrashers will be in Kansas City. Keep trying to argue to Ranger fans that the Rangers are a horrible Franchise.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Haha, you talk about flaming out yet your team didn't come close to making it.

A Thrashers fan is one of the last places I'd ever look for wisdom about playoff success.
haha i know right, in what i remember i believe we went 4-0 against them in the Playoffs.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 03:12 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Let's see:

Yeah because giving away Coburn for a cap eating stiff like Zhitnik was a great trade.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:57 AM
Boognish

Quote:
Yea your right, potential is nothing, just worth a buck for a cup of coffee.

So I guess if you had the chance to draft Crosby you will decline and rather take a 4th line fighter that scores every 50 games because that is much more important then potential, which again, can just buy you a cup of coffee.
You answer my question first. How many games have the Rangers won with potential? A potential hat-trick, some potential calls going your way, maybe even a big hit that potentially took out the other teams potential best player.

Boognish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:58 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
not a good deal imho. I think hes a player worth keeping around for another year to see how he develops. This Kundratek kid better be a decent prospect.
Now we know why we signed Jämtin. He replaces Bourett.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:02 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:
Let's see:

Late picks are as valuable as early first round picks. Ask your GM how Detroit has won their cups because obviously you don't because if you did you would not have made such a stupid comment about 3rd rounders. We have an 8th rounder that is the best goalie in the league.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
Late picks are as valuable as early first round picks. Ask your GM how Detroit has won their cups because obviously you don't because if you did you would not have made such a stupid comment about 3rd rounders. We have an 8th rounder that is the best goalie in the league.
Just sayin, 7th rounder. But your right, weren't Zetterberg, Franzen, Datsyuk, and Lidstrom all taken in later rounds?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:22 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Ohhhh, now I get it. I was wondering how Atlanta fans straggled in here. Forgot that Bourret for Dupuis deal. Who cares? Let it go! If Bourret pans out in Phoenix, where he will probably get a shot at the NHL if he can stay healthy, then both organizations look stupid.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:32 AM
SaveByLundqvist

Quote:
Let's see:

At least at our games the anncouncer doesn't have to notify the fans when there is an icing or an offsides. Get lost

SaveByLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:55 AM
The Thomas J.*

I would have liked to see Bourret get the chance to develop for another year, The trade makes little sense to me, but what do I know.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:01 PM
NYR Viper

i ss it as an okay deal.....kinda sux the rangers only got a third rounder for him but it just goes to show you his stock has fallen quite a bit

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote