HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

After the Jokinen deal, what is Van Ryn's value to FLA?

Old
06-21-2008, 08:14 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
After the Jokinen deal, what is Van Ryn's value to FLA?

Hey guys. I don't post very often, as you can see by my post count, but I'm a long time lurker of HFBoards. I just had a thought, however, that I was rather curious about, but I figured I'd do some research before toying with it.

So, considering you guys just got a pair of solid d-men, and have drafted a bunch, what is the value of Mike Van Ryn right now?

I imagine the Panthers' rich depth along the blue line makes him expendable, while also, in conjunction with worries about the health of his wrist, might make him a somewhat affordable target for a team looking for some blue line help on the offensive end of the ice.

I also figured that, should they deal him, Florida would be looking for help at forward in return.

So, what kind of return would you guys be hoping for if Van Ryn was dealt?

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 08:20 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Hey guys. I don't post very often, as you can see by my post count, but I'm a long time lurker of HFBoards. I just had a thought, however, that I was rather curious about, but I figured I'd do some research before toying with it.

So, considering you guys just got a pair of solid d-men, and have drafted a bunch, what is the value of Mike Van Ryn right now?

I imagine the Panthers' rich depth along the blue line makes him expendable, while also, in conjunction with worries about the health of his wrist, might make him a somewhat affordable target for a team looking for some blue line help on the offensive end of the ice.

I also figured that, should they deal him, Florida would be looking for help at forward in return.

So, what kind of return would you guys be hoping for if Van Ryn was dealt?
Offense. Now.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 08:32 PM
GudVibransons

Van Ryn's value is very nebulous right now. WE simply don't know because as far as I've heard, there hasn't been a resolution to his wrist situation. It was bad enough that the option of retirement was put on the table. If he's healthy and can play again, I say keep him. I don't think his value would be great considering he is a giant question mark. Essentially, he's worth more to us than he would be worth trading for. If he can't go and his wrist forces more time off, he goes on the long term injury list and his salary doesn't count against the cap.

GudVibransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:04 PM
Heimy

Given that he wasn't moved yesterday is probably the best indicator that questions about MVR's future outweigh his current trade value. He'll get a chance to prove he's healthy once again by competing for a spot when camp opens. If he's ok to play his stock will rise. If he still can't go he'll probably kick around the idea of retirement.

Heimy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Tra La La

What's the latest on Van Ryn's wrist?

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:18 AM
Slick Cat

Right now there is no value because his status is completely unknown. When health he is a solid second line maybe even first line damn but he hasn't been healthy in a while. If he is I don't think we trade him becasue then we will need him, if he isn't we can't trade him. Either way he is staying. Either playing well or not at all, but we're paying either way. Unfortunate. The bouw situation also could have an impact. I am convinced that we will not be able to sign him for many reasons and when martin realizes that he will have a tough decision to make and another trade to botch.

Slick Cat is offline   Reply With Quote