HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery, Campbell, Rolston & ...Satan?

Old
06-22-2008, 08:40 AM
BlueHavok

vCash: 500
Avery, Campbell, Rolston & ...Satan?

According to spector:

http://www.spectorshockey.net/index....umors&Itemid=9

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports the Dallas Stars could be a potential destination for Sean Avery if he's not re-signed by the Rangers, sources suggest the Penguins are prepared $7.5 million per season and are trying to re-sign Brooks Orpik but $3.3 million per season won't be enough, there's a strong belief Bryan McCabe could waive his movement clause if the Islanders express interest which they're apparently planning to do in the next three weeks, Miro Satan could be an option for the Rangers if they fail to land the UFA forwards they're interested in, and Brian Rolston could be of interest to the Rangers if he fails to re-sign with the Wild.

The Campbell stuff toward the top of the link, and being discussed in "offseason rumor/trade" thread.....interesting reads for an easy sunday morning.

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:32 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
According to spector:

NEW YORK POST: Larry Brooks reports the Dallas Stars could be a potential destination for Sean Avery if he's not re-signed by the Rangers, sources suggest the Penguins are prepared $7.5 million per season and are trying to re-sign Brooks Orpik but $3.3 million per season won't be enough, there's a strong belief Bryan McCabe could waive his movement clause if the Islanders express interest which they're apparently planning to do in the next three weeks, Miro Satan could be an option for the Rangers if they fail to land the UFA forwards they're interested in, and Brian Rolston could be of interest to the Rangers if he fails to re-sign with the Wild.

The Campbell stuff toward the top of the link, and being discussed in "offseason rumor/trade" thread.....interesting reads for an easy sunday morning.
Avery in Dallas? Stranger things have happened but I don't quite see that as a fit. Mccabe back to Isles, interesting, you'd think Mccabe would want an org that is more of a contender at this point though. Miro Satan? No thank you.

Rolston... isn't he just looking for dollars? At the right price maybe. I'm concerned about age, but he has played more than 77 games every season since 2000-2001. And 30 goals each of the last 3 seasons on a Lemaire team is nothing to sneeze at, especially considering our scoring woes last season. He plays 20 minutes a game and 19 of his goals were even strength, 1 shorty. So if we had him on our 1A or 1B line we could probably get him almost 20 minutes and some time on the PP. Maybe a better fit than I thought, but price and length of the deal could be the problem if he is looking for money rather than playoff success.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Legs Feed the Wolf

i would welcome rolston in a heartbeat, and if we cant get anyone other 3rd line wingers satan could be an option to play there...as for campbell he could be an option if he taks alittle less money to come to a team he knows he can win here

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:00 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

I am currently in Dallas for work.This is a boring town.It's so small.If you don't have a car,who can't get anywhere.There is no actual city of Dallas.Avery is better off in Long Island.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:02 AM
Dredden
JT Miller

No to Satan
Too expensive for Campbell
Yes, to Rolston
I would give 6.5 to Sundin if Jagr doesnt return.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:07 AM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Yes to Satan. 2.5 million throw him on Gomez's wing with Dawes.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:17 AM
beastly115

I've lobbied for Rolston for a while now, but the latest news has been that he was going to re-sign in Minn. He comes from a very defensively oriented team so it wouldn't be a big adjustment for him to Renney's system. He plays a strong north-south game and has the speed to keep up with Gomez. Come to think of it, did he ever play on Gomez's line in NJ?

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:17 AM
nyscene

Satan I think would do well on the Rangers. He was injured alot of last year, if I remember, and you guys have a supporting cast where I think he could put up 60+ points.

If he comes cheap, on a one or two year deal, I think it could work out nicely.

Of course though, me an everyone else are hoping he ends up on the Devils

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:22 AM
nyrage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
I am currently in Dallas for work.This is a boring town.It's so small.If you don't have a car,who can't get anywhere.There is no actual city of Dallas.Avery is better off in Long Island.
This applies to 99% of US cities. There is only one NYC.

Dallas is boring. I can't see Avery there either.

nyrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:35 AM
NYROrtsFan

Yes to Satan...

He's the type of player that could come in and do very well here... I'd personally put him on the left side of a Jagr line because I think they play similarly. Satan had his issues on the island but there wasn't much there with him... Satan could do very well at a small cost. That is huge. Free agency is all about finding bargains nowadays.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:48 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

For some odd reason, I wouldn't mind having Satan if the price was right. He has shown he has some decent skill.

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:49 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHavoc View Post
According to spector:

Did Spector forget to put a sentence in..or does that say the Pens are going to offer Avery 7.5?

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:51 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

So people call Jagr lazy..but everyone wants Satan? A player who shows zero heart at all?

Yea...BIG pass.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:56 AM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
So people call Jagr lazy..but everyone wants Satan? A player who shows zero heart at all?

Yea...BIG pass.
It's not as simple as that... It never is. The cap has changed that way of looking at it.

It is all about finding bargains nowadays in the NHL. You need to use your cap space as wisely as possible in order to really have a team that works. Satan has considerable upside still and will not take a huge contract either.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:07 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:

Yea...BIG pass.
My sentiments exactly. And he has been decreasing in productivity the last few years.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:08 AM
BlueHavok

Quote:
Did Spector forget to put a sentence in..or does that say the Pens are going to offer Avery 7.5?
nice pick-up---i missed it completely-----
imagine ruutu and avery together-------agitation central !! Yikes.

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:11 AM
E_Godard

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Yes to Satan. 2.5 million throw him on Gomez's wing with Dawes.

Miros performance definitly dropped off, but something tells me he willl still get 4-5 mil per.

E_Godard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:57 AM
NYR Viper

no satan please

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:05 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

I'd sign Satan if the plan is to hold off on spending big money for the next year or two. Better that than to commit tons of money to players we don't need.

As for Avery, I don't see him having much of a desire to play in Texas, but if he cares AT ALL about winning, there aren't many better choices right now then the Stars. They have a really, really good team and they should be a contender for years to come.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
i used to live in dallas, and i absolutely loved it there. its a highway city though, yorue right, you cant get anywhere w/o a car. the city is just so spread out, with highways going EVERYWHERE, and about a billion different highways to boot. its great though, lots of things to do, just not all centralized like in NY.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:48 PM
NYReign

FLY, Spector forgot to put Hossa's name there, that's who Brooks was talking about for the 7.5 mil.

I'd say definite no on Satan but Rolston is someone who I have hoped would get to July 1 for the whole offseason. I think he is a faster version of Shanny who is more effective running the power play. He could seamlessly fit into Shanny's spot on Gomer's wing and be a big improvement I think. But Brooks was right to suggest in the article that the Devils would definitely take a long look at him too since he is their type of defensively-capable player who would be one of their only hopes at 30 goals lol (I laugh even though we had no 30 goal scorers...). I'd be willing to outbid them though, but we'll see what happens..

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:57 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrage View Post
This applies to 99% of US cities. There is only one NYC.

Dallas is boring. I can't see Avery there either.
Boring is being nice.

Old
06-22-2008, 01:00 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
i used to live in dallas, and i absolutely loved it there. its a highway city though, yorue right, you cant get anywhere w/o a car. the city is just so spread out, with highways going EVERYWHERE, and about a billion different highways to boot. its great though, lots of things to do, just not all centralized like in NY.
Everything is 40 minutes away from each other.I haven't seen a bridge or tunnel in three weeks.Their train line-the Dart is a ride to nowhere.The trains are so small.30-40 minute wait for a train.

Old
06-22-2008, 01:02 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Boring is being nice.
i guess it depends on how willing you are to drive around to do the things you enjoy. Its boring in that you cant just walk down the block and find a billion different things with a billion different restaurants to go to. you have to have an idea of what you want, and then know where it is, and be willing to drive for like 15 minutes to get there.

i dunno, i liked dallas a lot, but i think if you like the big city life of new york (which i actually do not) then a place like dallas wont be for you. i dont like super congestion which is why i live down south now.

i guess different personality types like different things

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Tim*

Send a message via AIM to Tim*
Quote:

Yea...BIG pass.
satan played most of last season on one leg; he had a torn knee ligaments and he took pain pills to play

Tim* is offline   Reply With Quote