HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Everything's going to be fine

Old
06-22-2008, 05:34 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimy View Post
I think everything will be fine too. I'm also confident JM isn't done yet. Crack a beer and relax.
I hope your right. But.. It seems we say that every off season How has it turned out.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:54 AM
Bystander

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I wouldn't clap that hard Mr. Happy. Ratman wasn't hammering the kid so much as he had a question.

Anyway, I think him sending Matthias down had soemthing to do with his contract as well. It'd kick in earlier if he stayed up.

Also, he did well once he was sent back after struggling a bit at first. Especially in the Memorial Cup. Hopefully he's ready.
Thanks Mr. Sunshine. I know what Ratman was saying, and to clarify I have nothing against the kid, just against Jacques for laying the responsibility of immediate offensive production on a couple of kids.

Bystander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:01 PM
BabyJagrov

Everything is going to be fine...

The way I see our lineup next year:

Booth - Weiss - Horton
Olesz - Kreps - Frolik
Zednik - Matthias - McLean
Stewart - Campbell - Dvorak

Bouwmeester - Boynton
Ballard - Allen
Skrastins - Van Ryn

Vokoun
Anderson

Scratch: Welch, Murphy, Peltonen, Belak, Stumpel

That is without any improvements from FA's... And I would love to wash Stumpel, Murphy and Pelt, please do it Jacques !

And you know what... I like this squad, maybe too young but I like the potential. If we start the season with this line-up, I'll predict a ROY-season for Michael Frolik ! If this guy is trusted in an offensive-role, he'll be dynamite !!!

And I said it last year, I thought we had the best group of defensemen in the SouthEast division (that's something to say about the quality of Eastern defences !), and I'll say it this year, we may have the best defence in the East... You could argue about the Canadiens...

Bouwmeester will have a great year with Nick Boynton being the policeman at his side, Ballard will fulfill his potential as a powerplay-quaterback since he has been that his whole career, and Bryan Allen is likely to be a fixture in our top-4 for the lenght of his contract. Then we let number 5 and 6 as a battle come training camp !

On offense.. Well, we'll see ! But those Czech kids have enough in the tank IMO to stay a little relax. We won't be an offensive-juggernaut that's for sure (well as of now, waiting for July 1st ! ), but we'll be one pain in the ass the whole night, the whole season... And that's 96 hockey !

What I didn't like in the Jokinen trade, was that we didn't got back a great prospect ! You know, I would have loved to get our hands on a first pick, or even a couple of their high seconds, or Keith Yandle. Nothing... That's why I'm a little bit upset, because as a team in transition like ours, we were just a great great prospect away of being ONE of the future franchises in the new NHL, that's my thought !

But I'll enjoy the summer, and I'll digest this trade with time... Next year will be THE most important year in Panthers history !

Edit: Also I remember a quote I saw that said "never underestimate a Peter Deboer's team", so I won't ! I'll underestimate them next draft !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:05 PM
hoax15

Send a message via AIM to hoax15
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagr View Post

Booth - Weiss - Horton
Olesz - Kreps - Frolik

Bouwmeester - Boynton
Ballard - Allen
Skrastins - Van Ryn

Vokoun
Anderson

That is without any improvements from FA's... And I would love to wash Stumpel, Murphy and Pelt, please do it Jacques !

And you know what... I like this squad, maybe too young but I like the potential. If we start the season with this line-up, I'll predict a ROY-season for Michael Frolik ! If this guy is trusted in an offensive-role, he'll be dynamite !!!

And I said it last year, I thought we had the best group of defensemen in the SouthEast division (that's something to say about the quality of Eastern defences !), and I'll say it this year, we may have the best defence in the East... You could argue about the Canadiens...

Bouwmeester will have a great year with Nick Boynton being the policeman at his side, Ballard will fulfill his potential as a powerplay-quaterback since he has been that his whole career, and Bryan Allen is likely to be a fixture in our top-4 for the lenght of his contract. Then we let number 5 and 6 as a battle come training camp !

On offense.. Well, we'll see ! But those Czech kids have enough in the tank IMO to stay a little relax. We won't be an offensive-juggernaut that's for sure (well as of now, waiting for July 1st ! ), but we'll be one pain in the ass the whole night, the whole season... And that's 96 hockey !

What I didn't like in the Jokinen trade, was that we didn't got back a great prospect ! You know, I would have loved to get our hands on a first pick, or even a couple of their high seconds, or Keith Yandle. Nothing... That's why I'm a little bit upset, because as a team in transition like ours, we were just a great great prospect away of being ONE of the future franchises in the new NHL, that's my thought !

But I'll enjoy the summer, and I'll digest this trade with time... Next year will be THE most important year in Panthers history !
Everything here is pretty spot on. Even the part about the trade, none of us are happy about it but it happened so we move on.

hoax15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:14 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoax15 View Post
Everything here is pretty spot on. Even the part about the trade, none of us are happy about it but it happened so we move on.
I'm sure there were some deals that may have been a little bit more interesting in terms of potential (picks, prospects...)... But what was proposed, wasn't what Martin wanted in the end !

I suppose Calgary dangled Tanguay and a first, Cammy and a first for LA, Bouchard and a first from Minny... Forwards like Jokinen, with different styles but no better than our ex-captain !

So it came down to Phoenix and the Oilers ! Pitkanen would have been a great return, and I may even think the Oilers offer was a bit better for the future... Pitkanen asking price was a deal-breaker though for JM, and he accepted the best offer that made him better RIGHT NOW ! Edmonton couldn't give us back another defenceman like Boynton, and we also got a pick so thank you... But I think we got all fooled by HF boards, since Richards went for a package equal (even I like ours better than the Bolts')... Richards was a little bit of a salary-dump and Olli no so that's why I wanted a great-prospect ! Didn't get it, well that must be the way now in the new NHL.

Old
06-22-2008, 12:19 PM
hoax15

Quote:
I'm sure there were some deals that may have been a little bit more interesting in terms of potential (picks, prospects...)... But what was proposed, wasn't what Martin wanted in the end !

I suppose Calgary dangled Tanguay and a first, Cammy and a first for LA, Bouchard and a first from Minny... Forwards like Jokinen, with different styles but no better than our ex-captain !

So it came down to Phoenix and the Oilers ! Pitkanen would have been a great return, and I may even think the Oilers offer was a bit better for the future... Pitkanen asking price was a deal-breaker though for JM, and he accepted the best offer that made him better RIGHT NOW ! Edmonton couldn't give us back another defenceman like Boynton, and we also got a pick so thank you... But I think we got all fooled by HF boards, since Richards went for a package equal (even I like ours better than the Bolts')... Richards was a little bit of a salary-dump and Olli no so that's why I wanted a great-prospect ! Didn't get it, well that must be the way now in the new NHL.
Back before the salary cap it was a little to easy to keep players untouchable...now a days every summer is crazy.

Old
06-22-2008, 12:29 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Quote:

If you think this made us better right now I have some land for sale...

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 12:34 PM
hoax15

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneOfTheHockeyGods View Post
Out of all the deals this WAS the best.

Old
06-22-2008, 12:46 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Oh yeah, absolutely ! We won't have to dive into free-agency to get a puck-mover... We have our defence all-set, something we didn't had last year obviously with the signings of Cully, Johansson's trade and all ! And the second biggest question mark when you come into a season (having a great goalie is the first one, and that was fixed last year remember), is your defensive group.

But to gain that, we lost our star player up-front... That's a big loss, but remember we also added something and those were big assets believe me !

Only one sour feeling with that trade, and I'll say it again, is we didn't put our hands on a prized-prospect (Robak is good but no...), which was expected in a king's-ransom for Olli...

Oh ! And I don't want your land in Heaven, it's so boring up there, I'd rather go visit my buddy Georgia Panther in Hell !

Old
06-22-2008, 12:47 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Booth - Weiss - Horton
Olesz - Kreps - Frolik

Bouwmeester - Boynton
Ballard - Allen
Skrastins - Van Ryn

Vokoun
Anderson

Edit: Also I remember a quote I saw that said "never underestimate a Peter Deboer's team", so I won't ! I'll underestimate them next draft !
I think you have the lines mixed up, though, I can't see Boynton on the top pairing at all, especially since he was bottom pairing in Phoenix. I don't want Bouw having to recover for his defense partner like he did with Hill. Also, you don't get a guy like Belak and then scratch him. He's an important part of this team, especially with Carolina getting Hordichuk. With Boynton, Ballard, Campbell, and Belak here, this team won't pushed around like it has in the past, and Vokoun won't be run.

I think the lines could be:
Booth-Weiss-Horton
Olesz-Matthias-Frolik
McLean-Kreps-Zednik(Or flip Zednik or McLean with Olesz)
Belak-Campbell-Pelts/Dvorak

Bouw-Allen/Skrastins
Ballard-Allen/Skrastins
Boynton-Welch/Ryno/Murphy/Ellerby(who could move up a line, too)/etc.

T-Vo
Andy

I'm scared to rely on the kids, but apparently Jacques' plan was to go with them, which is why he wanted Deboer so bad.

One thing we've seen in Matthias is that the kid improves at every level he gets to, and quickly. The NHL is obviously a whole new ballgame, but he's hungry and knows how to get the garbage goal. With Frolik at his side and possibly Olesz, he could really do some damage. I don't know much aout Frolik, except that everyone's high on him. We'll see what pans out.

06-22-2008, 12:49 PM
OneOfTheHockeyGods*

Paying 3 million to a bottom pairing guy is insane. We would have been better off resigning Cullimore or Johansson for cheaper.

OneOfTheHockeyGods* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 01:23 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
I think you have the lines mixed up, though, I can't see Boynton on the top pairing at all, especially since he was bottom pairing in Phoenix. I don't want Bouw having to recover for his defense partner like he did with Hill. Also, you don't get a guy like Belak and then scratch him. He's an important part of this team, especially with Carolina getting Hordichuk. With Boynton, Ballard, Campbell, and Belak here, this team won't pushed around like it has in the past, and Vokoun won't be run.

I think the lines could be:
Booth-Weiss-Horton
Olesz-Matthias-Frolik
McLean-Kreps-Zednik(Or flip Zednik or McLean with Olesz)
Belak-Campbell-Pelts/Dvorak

Bouw-Allen/Skrastins
Ballard-Allen/Skrastins
Boynton-Welch/Ryno/Murphy/Ellerby(who could move up a line, too)/etc.

T-Vo
Andy

I'm scared to rely on the kids, but apparently Jacques' plan was to go with them, which is why he wanted Deboer so bad.

One thing we've seen in Matthias is that the kid improves at every level he gets to, and quickly. The NHL is obviously a whole new ballgame, but he's hungry and knows how to get the garbage goal. With Frolik at his side and possibly Olesz, he could really do some damage. I don't know much aout Frolik, except that everyone's high on him. We'll see what pans out.

We'll see come training camp... Trust men, Boynton can be counted on to be the "policeman" on a first-pair with Bouw, don't know if he'll be though... That would give us an even deadlier second-pairing with Allen and Ballard !

And I could go on and on about Frolik... I won't do it ! The only thing I can say is that he can come in and have an impact like the one Patrick Kane had for the Hawks ! Not saying he will become the new face of the franchise (even though he could), but he can come in and play a top-6 role for our team that's for sure...

We have to worry about our health, we have to believe that this bad luck is gone... !

Frolik will surprise many ! Heard it here first !

Old
06-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Devils Advocate
mmmmmm....Crow.

Quote:
Paying 3 million to a bottom pairing guy is insane. We would have been better off resigning Cullimore or Johansson for cheaper.

think of it as $3M dollars you'll save when his contract expires which you can then apply to Ballards new contract who should warrant a contract of about 5 years $20M.

Devils Advocate is offline   Reply With Quote