HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bourret traded to the Yotes

Old
06-22-2008, 12:42 PM
Enstrom39

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
Late picks are as valuable as early first round picks. Ask your GM how Detroit has won their cups because obviously you don't because if you did you would not have made such a stupid comment about 3rd rounders. We have an 8th rounder that is the best goalie in the league.
No they are not. 1st round picks are MUCH more likely to produce NHL regulars than 8th round picks. The Red Wings got lucky as much as anything with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. If the Red Wings had any clue that those two guys would turn into All-Star level players they would not have waited until the last couple rounds of the draft to snag them. What if another team had taken Zetterberg in the 6th round? What if someone had taken Datsyuk in the 5th? No one would be talking about how "brilliant" the Red Wings are then would they? The Red Wings took a couple of chances that paid off beyond their wildest dreams and that's just the way it is.

Enstrom39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 01:25 PM
ChrisKreider20
But y u mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Falconer View Post
No they are not. 1st round picks are MUCH more likely to produce NHL regulars than 8th round picks. The Red Wings got lucky as much as anything with Zetterberg and Datsyuk. If the Red Wings had any clue that those two guys would turn into All-Star level players they would not have waited until the last couple rounds of the draft to snag them. What if another team had taken Zetterberg in the 6th round? What if someone had taken Datsyuk in the 5th? No one would be talking about how "brilliant" the Red Wings are then would they? The Red Wings took a couple of chances that paid off beyond their wildest dreams and that's just the way it is.
lol, duh.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 02:26 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by d a n n y View Post
I don't like this deal. He had top six potential
So did Jozef Balej...where did that get him? The Rangers have done a pretty good job of identifying players who not only have the ability, but, the attitude and work ethic to become NHL players. Dubinsky made it when Immonen couldn't; Girardi's a regular, while Pock is still in the AHL. Competition is what will determine who ends up sticking around. Players like Moore, Koprikoski and Byers all moved past a more talented player than Bourret because they have a better understanding of what it takes to be a player that can reach the NHL. Anisimov is a year younger than Bourret, speaks English as a 2nd language, and was in his 1st year in the AHL. Yet, by season's end, proved he was a lot closer to reaching the NHL than Bourret. We should be happy as Ranger fans that out system has reached this stage, instead of having the organization try to sell us on what great prospects we have in Mike Mottau, Johan Lindbolm and Christian Dube.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Anisimov is a year younger than Bourret, speaks English as a 2nd language, and was in his 1st year in the AHL. Yet, by season's end, proved he was a lot closer to reaching the NHL than Bourret.
he was always a lot closer as Bourret was in the first round of cuts and Anisimov the last. why are we comparing him to Anisimov.

anyways, here are my main thoughts on this thread:

- Bourret is garbage. pretty much everything Atlanta fans said about him was true.
- other than that, Thrasher fans, much like their team, suck big time.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 04:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
he was always a lot closer as Bourret was in the first round of cuts and Anisimov the last. why are we comparing him to Anisimov.

anyways, here are my main thoughts on this thread:

- Bourret is garbage. pretty much everything Atlanta fans said about him was true.
- other than that, Thrasher fans, much like their team, suck big time.
i dont agree with that one bit, especially since ive made friends with a large portion of their season ticket holders in the 300's over the past year since i started playing hockey with them. i dont think it can be understated how difficult it is being a fan of hockey here in the south. generally their fan base are the rabid kind who will follow the team till death. they arent like the rangers or other popular teams that can sell massive tickets to corporate sponsors, then have the loyal fans fight it out over the remaining few non season tickets left. generally all thrasher fans are die hards, there just arent as many as ours. also thrasher fans are some of the nicest people ive ever met (outside of falconer). you can have conversations with them about hockey and about both teams and you never feel like youre talking down to them, or they are talking down to you.

maybe its because i live here, but southern hockey fans are some of the best people youll ever meet.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 04:58 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Because some of the defenses given for Bourret's failure to develop - one of the youngest players in the AHL, English is his 2nd language - are the same obstacles that Anisimov had to overcome this past year, which he was able to do. Some kids get it, others don't; consider Anisimov one of the former, and, (so far), Bourret one of the latter.

Last edited by jas: 06-22-2008 at 05:09 PM.
jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
ok, I live across a continent from ATL, but the ones I encounter here suck.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:39 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

Personally, I would've hung on to Bourret for another year but I'm thinking the Rangers must've really thought he was never going to make it for them to move him now.

On the one hand, Bourret has a ton of talent. But you have to start wondering about a kid who has seemingly regressed as a player over the last two years and is now joining his third organization.

I thought this upcoming year would be a good indicator if Bourret was going anywhere, but I also don't think he'll ever become the player his skills say he really should be.

I'm not thrilled with the trade, but I don't think it was horrible either. Frankly, Bourret just has not looked that good at all. I would've kept him a little longer, but I don't think the trade is that huge of a deal as to warrant some of the responses on here.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:10 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Great move

Rangers have great depth, don't need an older prospect like Bourret giving them trouble, and most of all Bourret is damaged goods

Concussions, physical conditioning, attitude
Exactly.

I said it months ago, this guy was never gonna make it to training camp.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 08:41 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Great move

Rangers have great depth, don't need an older prospect like Bourret giving them trouble, and most of all Bourret is damaged goods

Concussions, physical conditioning, attitude
I'm pretty much in agreement with you, though Bourret isn't really an older prospect. He's actually younger than guys like Korpikoski and Byers.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 01:20 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

I have no problem with the Bourret deal. If we had no plans for him to join the Rangers in the near future then there was no need to keep him at Hartford for another year. Sign another draft pick to fill his spot and hope to develop that player. I see no need to hold onto guys who will never play for us. Cut 'em loose!

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote