HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Real Word On Ryder's Destination?

Old
06-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pam19 View Post
Come on guys. This year was a slump for him but the two previous year we were very happy with him.

I am sure he will go back to 25-30 goals. More if he plays with the likes of Crosby and Malkin.
We really weren't that happy with him the years before, we just needed him since no one else was scoring. He was always soft and terrible defensively but he would put the puck in the net, when he's not putting the puck in the net what use is he?

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pascal

Quote:
Come on guys. This year was a slump for him but the two previous year we were very happy with him.

I am sure he will go back to 25-30 goals. More if he plays with the likes of Crosby and Malkin.
I like Ryder, I call him my National Newfie. He's funny when he skates and he laughs a lot.

That being said, he could not hit the broad side of a barn this year. If he can find his aim again he can definitely pot 30 next yr. I just hope it's not in the EC.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JMMR

Send a message via MSN to JMMR Send a message via Yahoo to JMMR
Quote:

Well by saying "we" I guess you mean most Habs fans but I think you would be wrong, at least the fans around here.

Seems as though Ryder can only do one thing either be a goal scorer and a terrible +/- player or have a respectable +/- and not be able to score if his life depended on it.

If he plays a pure offensive game and just skates and shoots and does not handle the puck for more then a second he can be useful.

JMMR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 04:20 PM
alexstream

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLcrazy View Post
I have a feeling Vancouver will try to get him...they're desperate
sure, there will be interest.
But if Ryder plays it greedy, he will still be available in September.

He's not worth 3M.

alexstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 04:29 PM
Alex Trikolore

He'll probably play for a Western Conference team like Vancouver.. He can score 25 (maybe 30) goals a year, especially in the Western Conference. And Vancouver needs players like that since they don't have depth.

Last edited by Alex Trikolore: 06-22-2008 at 04:38 PM.
Alex Trikolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 05:58 PM
Belso

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Boston maybe? A connection with coach Julien?
I told a friend of mine that he would land there.. I have a gut feeling that Claude will push real hard to get him on his team...

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:17 PM
Teufelsdreck

The one thing we can be sure of is that Ryder won't be returning to Montréal. Tanguay is taking his place on the roster and will boost the payroll by more than $2M. If Sundin is signed, the Habs will have to clear a lot of salary room for him by shipping a roster player rather than a draft choice to the Leafs. Also, they probably wouldn't be able to afford Streit.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:08 PM
Lone Rogue

Basically, any team who can't sign Hossa will go after him. He won't be asked to play so much two way and will be expected to just snipe the net. If I had to rank the teams who have the best shot at him (after Hossa's off the market), it would be:

1. Boston
2. Pittsburgh
3. Vancouver

I would not be shocked to see Ryder score 30 next season.

Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:11 PM
Transplanted Caper

I've been pushing for the Leafs to sign him. I wouldn't be shocked if he signs a one-year deal with a team like Toronto or the Islanders to try and get his career back on track before looking to cash in on a long-term deal.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If Sundin is signed, the Habs will have to clear a lot of salary room for him by shipping a roster player rather than a draft choice to the Leafs.

False, even if he signed for 10m there is enough cap space.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:52 PM
beowulf
Not a nice guy.

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Quote:
Originally Posted by waffledave View Post
I heard Pittsburgh and Vancouver want Ryder.
I can see Vancouver but not so much Pittsburgh. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes and hope it is out west

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Puckz

Wouldn't mind Calgary taking a shot. We are missing a 2nd line winger and Ryder would fit in nice. Plus there's the family ties with Dan Ryder that might be beneficial for Calgary.

Puckz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
With all of the hype surrounding the draft this past weekend, word on Streit's negotiations possibly on Monday, I have not read anything regarding Ryder's situation. I understand Gainey will probably let him walk, however, I have not read of any possible inquiries by other teams. Has anyone heard of any team who might be interested in his services??
If I were to speculate, I'd say boston... to replace murray... also the julien connection

vancouver makes alot of sense too. The sedins style will suit ryder perfectly. All ryder has to do is get open in the slot as the sedins are brialliant in the puck posesstion game around the boards.... Just like what anson carter did with the sedins. He should go back to his 30 goal ways in vancouver

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 12:47 AM
Chfan
HFB Partner

Quote:

Well what I learned from seeing Ryder during his stint with the Habs is that it really doesn't matter with whom he plays. He scores goals by shooting the puck quickly but NOT on one-timers. He usually gets the puck and then tries cutting in the crease and unloads a shot. At least that's what I think.

Chfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:04 AM
TheAntiprice*

Wherever he goes, I'm definitely gonna miss him, I remember in his rookie year how excited I was to finally have a prospect on the team who could put the puck in the net as consistently as he did...I thought he was gonna be the next Shanahan, didn't turn out that way...

TheAntiprice* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 02:49 PM
1UP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiprice View Post
Wherever he goes, I'm definitely gonna miss him, I remember in his rookie year how excited I was to finally have a prospect on the team who could put the puck in the net as consistently as he did...I thought he was gonna be the next Shanahan, didn't turn out that way...
Yeah, 60 points and +10 as a rookie was phenomenal.

Then something happened.

My guess is if he goes to play for Julien, the Bruins will get one hell of a boost to their offense.

I believe he will either go to Boston (Julien) or Dallas (Ribeiro).

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:22 PM
kento19
@kento19

with savard setting him up i can see a 35 goal season from ryder.

kento19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:28 PM
NewHabsEra*

QUOTE=kento19;14543258]with savard setting him up i can see a 35 goal season from ryder.[/QUOTE]

The only way Ryder score nearly 30 again is in a "garage" hockey league.. Personally, Im hoping he ends somewhere in our division just to have it easier..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
some of you have no class, Ryder is able to score again, he has done in the past will do it again in the future.. why not, because he sucked one year.. all the players go through seasons like that..

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 08:54 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
The one thing we can be sure of is that Ryder won't be returning to Montréal. Tanguay is taking his place on the roster and will boost the payroll by more than $2M. If Sundin is signed, the Habs will have to clear a lot of salary room for him by shipping a roster player rather than a draft choice to the Leafs. Also, they probably wouldn't be able to afford Streit.
Why bother commenting on a subject you obviously have not researched one bit? There are no cap issues there are a few threads that explain this.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Velociraptor

Sorry to troll on the Hab boards. But I'm a good friend of Daniel Ryder. I was talking to him last week and he had told me Mike had been in touch with Claude Julien and the Bruins, He said Michael really liked Boston and wouldn't mind playing for them. He also liked the Rangers and the Pens... But I hope he plays with the Canucks next year!

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:32 AM
otto bond

Well one thing is for sure, Ryder with the right center =25 goals plus.
Wen mentioned about his rockie year, he was good. He did thing in the offenciv zone that was a thing of beauty....that was coming out of the corner to put a shot in.

Him and Koivu are a terrible combination in the defencive zone and we all see the result. In other words, Koivu and him sucked in the defensive zone .

I'm not sure if he was to go to Boston he would revive is careerlong term cause Savard is not that great defensivly.

All I can say about Ryder now days is one thing...put that guy in the right position and he will score 9 out of ten.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:58 AM
Nashy
The Honey Badger

Ryder wilted under Carbonneau....plain and simple.

Say what you want about Ryder, but he never complained and I'm guessing that he was pretty well like in the dressing room.

On a new team, I think he scores at least 20 goals...maybe even back to 30.

He had his sophomore jinx year in his 3rd year.

I wish him well.

Nashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 11:08 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
Sorry to troll on the Hab boards. But I'm a good friend of Daniel Ryder. I was talking to him last week and he had told me Mike had been in touch with Claude Julien and the Bruins, He said Michael really liked Boston and wouldn't mind playing for them. He also liked the Rangers and the Pens... But I hope he plays with the Canucks next year!
That's actually the first team that I thought of (Bruins) because of Ryder's former connection with Julien. Thanks for the inside info, feel free to post anytime with anything else you might hear.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 11:40 AM
Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unstoppable View Post
By the way, did Daniel give any indication that he would be back playing hockey next year?

Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote