HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colin Wilson

Old
06-21-2008, 03:13 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
I love it. I really wanted Boedker and I thought we were going to take him when we moved ahead of Phoenix. But, I'm very happy with Wilson (plus he is HOT! sorry. ).

some articles....
Preds 1st Round recap

No achy breaky heart for Wilson in Nashville

Following Price no problem for Pickard

Wilson casting his own shadow

Best Friends Grabbed By Preds

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 04:06 AM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

any ideas when he gets a number, kinda want a new jersey why not our future conn smythe winner?

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 09:07 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm really frustrated that neither NHL live or TSN/Versus interviewed Wilson....What is going on there?

06-21-2008, 09:29 AM
Stories
Hockey scientist

Guys got a stud. Wilson will be a standout C for many years. I've never seen a freshman with the kind of impact that Wilson had last year in my several years of watching NCAA hockey. Oh, and his modest point totals from last year, he spent a lot of time centering the 3rd line because the coach had a "spread the wealth" line of thinking for a lot of last year. When Wilson played on the top line, he was more than a PPG player (and made both his linemates absolutely dominant).

Stories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 10:04 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I'm really frustrated that neither NHL live or TSN/Versus interviewed Wilson....What is going on there?
that may be a Poile decision, and not a TSN decision

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 11:15 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 7932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
that may be a Poile decision, and not a TSN decision
I wondered the same thing. I wanted to hear from him.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:52 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

The didn't interview any Preds picks or Preds management.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 12:52 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusPredsfan View Post
any ideas when he gets a number, kinda want a new jersey why not our future conn smythe winner?
I'd guess 33.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Upchuck19

http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?type=top_goalies
http://whl.ca/stats/statdisplay.php?...26&lastActive=

Pickard is a steal, best goalie in the draft and will be better than Cary Price. Pickard is a lock to start in goal for Canada for the WJ'ers. Awesome pick for the Preds.

Upchuck19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2008, 05:37 PM
oreilly22

Quote:
Originally Posted by predhead1 View Post
Wilson profile:

That is a sick backhand pass at :25. He's also got a really fast shot and apparently isn't afraid to go to the front of the net. It's so awesome on the breakaway goal where the guy behind him is just hooking him over and over and he's just like "whatever" and scores! I also thought it was pretty cool that he said, "I want to go as high as possible to a great team," because Nashville just so happened to be the first team that made the playoffs the past four years that had the chance to draft him.

oreilly22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:55 PM
OpenWheel

I've been looking for more video of Wilson, so if anyone knows of some and posts links I'd appreciate it. Although that interview/highlight clip looks good.

I am with those that hope he's not a pick who's been so good because he matured physically earlier then his peers. But watching him play and hearing his coach talk I'm not so worried. I think he's still got upside.

I saw one scout say he would be a safe pick and would be a solid "second or third line" player. I groaned, because that high I didn't want us to take safe, second or third line projected players. But then I read (and saw) that he's got decent wheels, hands, and attitude. His college coach said he catches all passes within reach and so he's not surprised whenever he comes up with the puck. And said he was a good skater in traffic and was like a Larry Bird as far as passing, vision, and hockey sense with some scoring touch.

Sounds good to me! That doesn't like a guy who's good just because he's stronger earlier then his peers. It sounds like a skilled athlete who also has good hockey instincts.

OpenWheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Send a message via AIM to Abyss Send a message via MSN to Abyss
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
I've been looking for more video of Wilson, so if anyone knows of some and posts links I'd appreciate it. Although that interview/highlight clip looks good.

I am with those that hope he's not a pick who's been so good because he matured physically earlier then his peers. But watching him play and hearing his coach talk I'm not so worried. I think he's still got upside.

I saw one scout say he would be a safe pick and would be a solid "second or third line" player. I groaned, because that high I didn't want us to take safe, second or third line projected players. But then I read (and saw) that he's got decent wheels, hands, and attitude. His college coach said he catches all passes within reach and so he's not surprised whenever he comes up with the puck. And said he was a good skater in traffic and was like a Larry Bird as far as passing, vision, and hockey sense with some scoring touch.

Sounds good to me! That doesn't like a guy who's good just because he's stronger earlier then his peers. It sounds like a skilled athlete who also has good hockey instincts.
Wilson wasn't playing against small kids in the USHL or anything, he was playing against other men in the NCAA.

HE is somewhat small compared to WCHA or whatever, but...no, Wilson didn't play well because he was bigger than others. He's just that good, way better (imo) than Boyle was his first couple years at BC (big LA center prospect from 03).

You guys got yourselves a stud, don't worry about him being a "safe" pick, who only did well cause of his size.

Instead be excited about having a center with great potential and awesome size. Kid could be downright scary behind Arnott in...hell...just a year...

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson be a consistent 70 point guy who hits 80+ a few times, plays his own end, good at faceoffs and knows how to throw his weight around.

A few years you won't care that you passed on Boedker or Hodgson

Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:29 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
You guys got yourselves a stud, don't worry about him being a "safe" pick, who only did well cause of his size.

Instead be excited about having a center with great potential and awesome size. Kid could be downright scary behind Arnott in...hell...just a year...
What you say sounds great! Thanks.

I just listened to the clip of our assistant GM on the Wilson pick. Saying they've been trying to draft a guy like him for years but never could. "A true power forward" he called him. And that their hopes are he'll not just help us make the playoffs but also be "a playoff performer".

Feeling good!!

Old
06-22-2008, 11:36 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Quote:
What you say sounds great! Thanks.

I just listened to the clip of our assistant GM on the Wilson pick. Saying they've been trying to draft a guy like him for years but never could. "A true power forward" he called him. And that their hopes are he'll not just help us make the playoffs but also be "a playoff performer".

Feeling good!!
Besides playing for BU, Wilson is pretty amazing right now..

I know comparing him to a guy like Francis is stupid...considering he's 4th all time in points, 2nd in assists and 3rd in games...but, if theres a guy that can do it - it'd be Wilson.

Ugh...just thinking about a Wilson to Radulov connection makes me not want to see the Preds in Beantown any time soon, seeing as we'd counter with Metropolit to Schaefer

Old
06-23-2008, 11:10 AM
OpenWheel

My only other worry was the fact that his stock skyrocketed after he wowed the evaluators at the combine. I'm still feeling burnt by the Titans second round "combine wonder" running back. Although he was called a reach by other teams, and nobody's saying that about this kid.

I know Wilson backed up his combine with great play. So I'm excited about him. Thanks for the info.

Old
06-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
My only other worry was the fact that his stock skyrocketed after he wowed the evaluators at the combine. I'm still feeling burnt by the Titans second round "combine wonder" running back. Although he was called a reach by other teams, and nobody's saying that about this kid.

I know Wilson backed up his combine with great play. So I'm excited about him. Thanks for the info.
He was already a top 9 pick, the only question was if he was rated higher than Boedeker and Hodgson...

Enoch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 02:29 PM
OpenWheel

Ok thanks. I heard that before the combine he was mid-round at about 15 .

Old
06-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Abyss
GO BRUINS

Quote:
he was never going to fall to 15 before the combine. If he was picked outside the top 10, than the teams at 7-10 would be making a big mistake.

Old
06-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Wantsumcheezwyrwine

Agreed

Maybe we can now add some muscle out there...Hope this kid's a fighter and not a lover....

Wantsumcheezwyrwine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:30 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

Quote:
Where did you hear that? Wilson's been a top ten pick since about January, if not before...

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:51 PM
OpenWheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Where did you hear that? Wilson's been a top ten pick since about January, if not before...
I have no idea. It was only after he was selected and I spent about an hour (while following the draft) dredging reports and statistics on him. (All I knew was seeing his name on here the last few months of browsing.) I remember some site showed a compilation of a half dozen scouting services and I sort of groaned when I saw a couple ranking him in the twelve to fifteen range. Either they were some fringe service or I was reading something way out of date. I believe you guys because the CSS reports I find now from last January show him at ten.

And I remember reading a blog, I had thought it was one of the TSN hockey writers but I must have been wrong who basically said his stock really moved since January and moved higher at the combine. So combined with the raking report I saw and reading that his stock had risen... I was worried.

I don't usually believe everything I read. If I find the links later I'll post them so as to get the source judged. Right now I see it's true of 9-10 as the most common rank from around last January. Which is great.

Now I'm annoyed with my post draft reading and eventually I'll track down some obscure report. Nothing yet...

Old
06-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Open -

Wilson was ranked 6th overall in Bob McKenzie's preliminary rankings, 7th at midterm, and 8th in his final rankings. The only reason he moved down was due to the outstanding seasons of Bogosian, Filatov's rise, and Bodeker's huge Memorial cup run..... He is a very very very good forward prospect, probably the best we have ever had (including Legwand) because he is so good at all areas of hockey.

Old
06-23-2008, 10:02 PM
OpenWheel

Thank you. My slight negative tones do not bear out how pumped I've been about the pick. Because of the video and reading so many effusive comments.

But when they're prospects and I hear of "workouts" I always (can't help it) hear this little bell ringing "Is this for real"

Pretty awesome. I've been pumped since the draft. My slight worries were more to try to keep me from getting overenthused. I guess in my reading I selectively focused on any slight negative I came across.

I'll go ahead and stay pumped now!

Old
06-23-2008, 10:08 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Thank you. My slight negative tones do not bear out how pumped I've been about the pick. Because of the video and reading so many effusive comments.

But when they're prospects and I hear of "workouts" I always (can't help it) hear this little bell ringing "Is this for real"

Pretty awesome. I've been pumped since the draft. My slight worries were more to try to keep me from getting overenthused. I guess in my reading I selectively focused on any slight negative I came across.

I'll go ahead and stay pumped now!
I understand your weariness, especially in light of the Titans recent draft mistakes .

Old
06-23-2008, 11:11 PM
Rogie21

Here's nice chip of Wilson setting up a BU teammate for a game-winning OT goal, just 10 seconds into the extra session. The next night he scored the game-winning OT goal himself, after winning a draw and gaining position in front of the net. More Wilson highlights at http://goterriers.cstv.com/.

If the Preds ask Wilson to spend another season in college, BU is frequently on Web-accessible TV. The full schedule of home games is Webcast at the site listed above for about $20 total.

Rogie21 is offline   Reply With Quote