06-18-2008, 12:05 PM
duckchobbins

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltah 81 View Post
awesome avatar.

-can you stop yelling in my ear?

-samuel jackson "NO! THIS IS HOW I TALK!" ,"HAVEN'T YOU SEEN MY MOVIES?"
juice. that was a good one. deep blue sea. they ate me. a (expletive) shark ate me. DRINK!

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 12:05 PM
MaCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post
Speaking of ESPN lol. Anyone see the new poll they have up today? "Which title was more important to Boston?" The three choices were the Pats first superbowl win, the Red Sox first World Series win since 1918, and the Celtics first championship win since 86'.

How stupid is that poll? I am not a big Red Sox fan, but what was ESPN expecting when they put up that poll? Obviously the Red Sox World Series win was going to win by a land slide.

MaCam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 02:53 PM
The Big Swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoked-B View Post
Unless he has some kind of reverse luck thing going and then he should stick around and hope the B's don't win it all, either!
Actually I like this Celtic team,I just cant stand Paul Pierce especially faking that injury

Anyways Congrats to the Celtics

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 03:04 PM
dabid

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Actually I like this Celtic team,I just cant stand Paul Pierce especially faking that injury

dabid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 03:32 PM
The Big Swede

What you guys bought that injury?

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinny View Post
Way to back out of manning up to how absolutely wrong you were in your prediction.

Congrats Celtics! I'm so happy for Pierce after all the ups and downs he's suffered with this team. How they went from one of the worst teams last year to the champions is just unreal. It was great to see Rondo develop all year and the integral roles guys like Posey and House played. Very likeable team as well.
This has to do with BFS saying the Celtic would win in 5 games - that's what I objected too. You can continue to ignore that if you want, I can't tell you what to do.

Sure, I was wrong about the Lakers winning, but he called me out for something I didn't do.

Last edited by Shinny: 06-18-2008 at 04:20 PM. Reason: comment deleted
Vic Rattlehead* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 04:48 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
I haven't followed the Celtics since Bird, Chief, McHale, Ainge moved on. This board got me checking the box scores for Celtic results this year.

Yesterday was the 17th, I bought a car yesterday, I was born Jan. 17, grandma died Sept. 17 (2001). She is buried 2 minutes from the car dealership so I visited. Parking the car there odometer read 99711 (read right to left = Jan.17). This morning in the old car I hear the Celtics won their 17th championship.

Who doesn't like numbers?

Last edited by Rookie Chargers: 06-18-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: missing - morning
Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2008, 05:16 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
You said it would be a five game series initially...you only changed your prediction after I said "No way".
Au contraire mon ami - I changed my prediction when I realized that the series was using the 2-3-2 formula. Go back and check for yourself. Ah it's OK - deep down you know that I was right and that's all that really counts.

BostonBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 10:37 AM
togahcky21

"It's up to the Bruins now," quipped Francona of the tradition-laden hockey team that last won the Stanley Cup in 1972.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...=.jsp&c_id=bos

togahcky21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 10:48 AM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Ference View Post
"It's up to the Bruins now," quipped Francona of the tradition-laden hockey team that last won the Stanley Cup in 1972.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...=.jsp&c_id=bos
Dale and Holly were just bringing up the same point. To paraphrase, if the Bruins want to meet the bar set by the other teams, then it'll be well received. Otherwise, they can be a lower level team with enough fans to keep it going, but that'll be it.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:17 AM
jahbrations

Live parade coverage:

http://www.necn.com/node/11455

jahbrations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 11:43 AM
ksp1957

Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/vide...104/index.html

Live streaming of the parade. Lucky the Leprechaun ??

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:16 PM
BCeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastinB's View Post
Congrats Boston Celtics, Congrats Paul Pierce for stickin with us threw all the bad years....Garden was packed, Was great to see all the energy in there...Bruins 09 here we come
No way until Jacobs is gone. Look what the new owners did for the Celts, in 5 years they win a championship. They were willing to bring Garnett and Allen in and bench players in to turn it around. They had a plan all along by building up equity and trading it for Garnett and Allen, 2 superstars. The Bruins will never blow up the team to bring a Stanley Cup type team in. Profits are more important to them.

BCeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:24 PM
jahbrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCeagle View Post
No way until Jacobs is gone. Look what the new owners did for the Celts, in 5 years they win a championship. They were willing to bring Garnett and Allen in and bench players in to turn it around. They had a plan all along by building up equity and trading it for Garnett and Allen, 2 superstars. The Bruins will never blow up the team to bring a Stanley Cup type team in. Profits are more important to them.
Why the hell would they blow up this team? Wouldn't they may more profits by going deeper in the playoffs? You make no sense.

jahbrations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:26 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
That type of move in the NHL would not guarantee you a cup, just ask the Rangers

2 totally different sports

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Judge Smails
How 'bout a Fresca?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post

Anyways Congrats to the Celtics
from: http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/080611

Quote:
1. Before the 2000-01 season, Pierce was stabbed 11 times at a Boston nightclub, suffered a collapsed lung and nearly bled to death while staggering to the hospital. Less than two weeks later, he played in Boston's first exhibition game. If the same thing had happened to Vince Carter, he would still be on the injured list seven years later.

2. During the 2002-03 season, Pierce got slammed face-first to the floor by Amare Stoudemire, breaking his two front teeth. Thirty minutes later, he was back playing with a mouthpiece. The following day, he underwent emergency dental surgery for seven hours. The day after that, he played against Portland with a mouthpiece and ended up hitting the game-winner.

Judge Smails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBob View Post
Au contraire mon ami - I changed my prediction when I realized that the series was using the 2-3-2 formula. Go back and check for yourself. Ah it's OK - deep down you know that I was right and that's all that really counts.
Ya, you changed your prediction after our disagreement. I have nothing to apologize for - the Celtics didn't win in five games. I don't know why you are trying to start a fight over something so trivial.

Old
06-19-2008, 02:58 PM
Vic Rattlehead*

Quote:
SALARY CAP.

That's all that really needs to be said here.

Old
06-19-2008, 03:05 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Absolutely laughable.

That was the plan all along?

Was missing out on Duncan and Oden part of that plan too?

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:08 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 0
Anyone see Felger on CSNE during the parade coverage? Every time they cut to him, he took a shot at the Bruins. Talk about bitter.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:41 PM
gobruins14

celticsparade.gif

Spoiled kids nowadays

gobruins14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2008, 03:49 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Rattlehead View Post
I don't know why you are trying to start a fight over something so trivial.

Geez - calm down Vic. I was just having a little fun with you - nothing bad was intended.

But I was right.

Old
06-20-2008, 09:49 AM
BCeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Absolutely laughable.

That was the plan all along?

Was missing out on Duncan and Oden part of that plan too?
You know the lottery never was a guarantee but when they got screwed in the lottery, they had a fallback plan. They traded their young players to get quality and it worked. I know hockey and basketball are different but it's funny how this new ownership in 5 years won a championship while Jacobs hasn't won anything. You can cite all these excuses like salary cap and other things but when you come down to it, this ownership is not interested in winning the Stanley Cup, the profit margin is more important to him then spending the money for the right players. The best the Bruins can do is make the playoffs and that's about it as they usually get eliminated in the first round.

I figure they go through the motions to appease the fans, like this latest rumor about Malkin. In the end, it'll probably fall through and they can say, we tried just to make us feel better. Meanwhile people will continue to buy the tickets and fill the seats.

BCeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 11:33 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Good site for a mock draft: http://www.nbadraft.net/

Old
06-22-2008, 11:39 PM
Ivyy13
Resu Deretsiger

vCash: 50
Didn't we trade our next 2 1st round picks to Minnesota?

Ivyy13 is offline   Reply With Quote