HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Development Camp

Old
06-22-2008, 08:48 PM
Unk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Interesting to see Antoine Lafleur there, considering I don't think he's Rangers property anymore. Didn't we fail to tender him the obligatory 1 year after qualifying offer after his horrendous year last year?
I believe for CHL prospects the Rangers get two years to sign him. Considering its 2008, and we drafted him in 2007, we still got a year to see if he can turn things around.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:51 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Maybe I'm too optimistic, but I don't believe Cherepanov not coming over is a bad sign on him not wanting to play in the NHL. The RSL season starts earlier then the NHL one (I think squishy would know around when, September, right?) and he did have some conditioning problems last season so maybe its better he spends the time preparing for a much better season. I mean, if the organization and Cherepanov already figure its best for him to work on his game in Russia a little longer, then it doesn't make sense for him to make the trip to gauge his progress, no?
The KHL season kicks off on September 2nd this year.

Omsk reconvene as a team on July 15th, and head to Croatia for a training camp from July 16-26. Then it's a combination of training in Omsk and a couple tournaments in August before the season starts.

I don't take him not coming over for a camp as a sign that he doesn't want to eventually come over and play in the NHL. But part of me thinks that if you're a 19-year old kid who's serious about playing in the NHL and hopefully becoming one of the best players in the world, you jump at the opportunity to work out with a top-flight coaching staff and get their help and advice on things you can do to improve yourself.

I don't know why he's not here -- it could be something completely out of his control. But when I look at a kid like Anisimov, who's season started just as early last year (he trained with Lokomotiv before joining the junior team for the Super Series) and lasted even longer, and he's turned around and is coming back after only a month and a half at home (if he even got home) I'm a little more impressed than I am with a kid who planned on spending his summer "in the south" "sunbathing" with friends.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I don't care what Cherepanov does in his free time. People fail to realize the season is extremely strenuous and demanding on any hockey player no matter how fit. Certain guys react differently to certain approaches. No one knows, maybe Cherepanov will perform better after taking the sun and chilling down south with his boys.

Was it a bad thing that Dubinsky didn't touch ice until August, during the off-season before last season? Hell no, in fact Dubi was on the upswing of his strength at a time of the year when the average player peaked and was on his way down.

I feel like Cherepanov needs to focus on one thing and that's his season in the RSL. No distractions whatsoever. Don't think about us over the pond. He's been through the hoopla of being drafted. He's visited NYC. ETC. ETC. Just go have a good year, with health.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 08:46 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
I wouldn't worry about Cherepanov. His situation has been discussed here ad nauseum, so we all ought to know the deal now.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:02 AM
Nich

kveton hu?

hopefully he does really well and gets a ahl contract

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:20 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
I believe for CHL prospects the Rangers get two years to sign him. Considering its 2008, and we drafted him in 2007, we still got a year to see if he can turn things around.
That's partially true, yes. And trust me. I know that

BUT, the teams must offer a qualifying offer after the first year. If they fail to do that, they lose the prospects rights. I thought that Blueshirt Bulletin had posted that we did not make Lafleur a qualifying offer, thereby making him a free agent and able to re-enter the draft.

Teams do do that once in a while with a draft pick that had such a horrible season that they want to simply wash their hands of the pick.

It could be the case of some misinformation, though, and that the Rangers actually did tender him a QO.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:33 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatchern View Post
It kind of disturbs me that Cherry is not attending.
Thats why I didnt vote him top prospect in the poll.

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:35 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
I'm sure if the Rangers really wanted Chere here, he would be here for that camp... I just have a feeling it's something political...
Cherepanov WILL be at training camp though, not the developmental camp.

Quote:
Two of last year's draftees are missing too -- first rounder Alexei Cherepanov, who is expected to come over for Ranger training camp in September, and Carl Hagelin (college players have to pay their own way and therefore do not always participate, especially since this guy would have to pay his own way all the way from his home in Sweden). In camp from this draft class will be goalie Antoine Lafleur and forwards David Skokan, Max Campbell, and Danny Hobbs (soon to be a collegian himself).

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

HockeyBasedNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 11:26 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Cherepanov WILL be at training camp though, not the developmental camp.

http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/
FYI, I think Dubi's basing that statement on Omsk GM Bardin's quote about him coming over for camp, not anything from the Rangers.

Old
06-23-2008, 01:38 PM
jsting

I think you guys will be pleased with goaltender Andrew Perugini from the Sarnia Sting. He was among the top goaltenders in the OHL with the best save% the past 2 years. Very solid and i was surprised he was not drafted. This guy will make a great NHL goaltender.

jsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Nich

as per Sam

Thereís no point in reading too much into what took place on the ice on the first day of the Rangers development camp. Most of the players hadnít been on the ice full-time in months, and many were just getting to know one another.

But for the record, yes, Michael Del Zotto and Bobby Sanguinetti, the two Rangers first round draft picks present today, stood out, and even spent some time as defensive partners.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Old
06-23-2008, 04:28 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
as per Sam

Thereís no point in reading too much into what took place on the ice on the first day of the Rangers development camp. Most of the players hadnít been on the ice full-time in months, and many were just getting to know one another.

But for the record, yes, Michael Del Zotto and Bobby Sanguinetti, the two Rangers first round draft picks present today, stood out, and even spent some time as defensive partners.

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/
I like that part

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 04:42 PM
Nich

i wonder how ani and kveton looked

Old
06-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmac View Post
I'm hoping Eizenman can have a great camp and get a shot with a team. It would be nice to see an Israeli in the NHL.
Is Eizenman a Rangers property at all? Or is he just there on a try out basis to possibly land a spot in Hartford?

Would be nice to see an Israeli make it, Max Birbraer was the closest for even getting drafted by the Devils and playing a few seasons in the NHL, but all in all Eizenman is probably the best Israeli player right now with the exception of Daniel Erlich who plays for the London Knights.

That said, it's a long shot.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

if AA could make the NHL team out of camp, it would SOOOOO solve so many problems.

you could pair drury and gomez together, and then not have to go out and buy a winger for gomez. you can just worry on the defense which needs a lot of help.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:17 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

BB said AA looked great today, but Renney says that he needs to put on 12-15 pounds before he's NHL ready. So who knows?

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:21 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
if AA could make the NHL team out of camp, it would SOOOOO solve so many problems.

you could pair drury and gomez together, and then not have to go out and buy a winger for gomez. you can just worry on the defense which needs a lot of help.
i agree...he almost made the team last year and i think he could make the team this year which would be HUGE....although i dont want him on the 4th line, or getting 8-10 minutes of ice time....if renney wont play him i would rather him play a ton of minutes in the AHL

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:29 PM
Ranger35
Proud of NYR

Send a message via AIM to Ranger35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i agree...he almost made the team last year and i think he could make the team this year which would be HUGE....although i dont want him on the 4th line, or getting 8-10 minutes of ice time....if renney wont play him i would rather him play a ton of minutes in the AHL
Precisely, I'm afraid if he does make the team, he'll get Prucha minutes, and he'll obviously need more.

But hey, at least Korpedo managed to score in one of the two or so minutes he was given.

Ranger35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 06:03 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

An update from Blueshirt Bulletin. Soryal on the right track, Del Zotto looked good.

Quick Hits From Prospect Camp
Got a lot to write about, including conversations with Tom Renney, Mike Del Zotto, and Mitch Daulton, but not enough time to get it all done until late tonight. So in the meantime, here are some quick hits. The three best players on the ice were Artem Anisimov, Tomas Zaborsky, and Del Zotto. Renney said Anisimov, all other things aside, was still 12-15 pounds away from being NHL ready, and that Zaborsky too needed to get himself physically ready for pro hockey -- but in both cases, the talent is there, and it never hurts to have talent. Bobby Sanguinetti did not have a great day -- he said it was typical of his first day on the ice after a layoff ("Stone hands," he said, laughing).

http://www.blueshirtbulletin.com/200...hits-from.html

Last edited by Melrose_Jr.: 06-24-2008 at 08:12 AM. Reason: copyright abuse
Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:24 PM
squishy

Link for the re-printed post above: http://www.blueshirtbulletin.com/200...hits-from.html

Old
06-23-2008, 09:25 PM
squishy

From Zipay:

Quote:
Nonetheless, some impressions.
On first blush, the guys who seemed to come out with a burst: DZ, Artem Anisimov (battled three guys in the corner for possession and quick second-round pick C Derek Stepan skated out for a goal), C Tomas Zaborsky, RW David Skokan, D Joe Ryan, D Nick Pageau, big RW Dale Weise. Not quite there: LW Radek Meidl.
Ryan Hillier (groin/hernia) didn't skate, said he might need surgery.
He'll have a piece in Newsday with more tomorrow.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/ho..._the_rink.html

Old
06-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Blazephr

VIDEO - Prospect Workout - Bobby Sanguinetti

http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/console

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:35 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Meh, doesn't really show much. Looked very quick and sharp though.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:59 PM
squishy

Giannone interviews Del Zotta at camp today:

http://blogs.msg.com/gameon/2008/06/...s-prospec.html

I think I'm starting to like the kid.

Old
06-23-2008, 11:13 PM
squishy