HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT - Mike and The Mad Dog Splitting Up

Old
06-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Well if you are attacking talk radio itself, fine.

But these guys are the best at what they do.
The best at what?

Caller(lets call him Saul from Middle Village): "Yeeeeeeah, what if we trade Petitte for Sabathia, then get Matt Holliday from Colorado for Melky....yeeeeeeah....."

Mike F: " I can see where you're coming from, but it doesnt seem likely..."

I mean, all sports talk is like this, caller after caller with the most unrealistic fantasy trade ideas - okay, so its really not unlike this board

And Chris Russo is just too annoying, but I get it, he's one of those fans that would listen and call if he wasnt on the show.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Point out a better sports talk radio team. Enlighten me.
Sports radio=Satan/666/Devil

Old
06-23-2008, 01:35 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
Sports radio=Satan/666/Devil
Doesn't give you much creditablity in the field of bashing any particular radio host or hosts, then.

Seems you hate radio shows at a whole, more than Mike and Chris.

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 01:39 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I prefer Boomer and Carton.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 01:40 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Doesn't give you much creditablity in the field of bashing any particular radio host or hosts, then.

Seems you hate radio shows at a whole, more than Mike and Chris.
Yeah, I really don't care for any talk radio, its the annoying fans oasis, despise it no matter who the hosts may be, wasn't taking a piss on the fat guy and the angry puppy.

Old
06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
ThisYearsModel

Francesa's arrogance got him bounced from CBS coverage of the NCAA tournament. I would not miss his condescending baloney.

ThisYearsModel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 01:53 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Individually, I can't stand either of them. Russo is a blithering idiot and while Francesa knows his stuff, he seems to think he knows everything. God forbid somebody tries to prove him wrong. He's extremely arrogant and self-centered.

But it's still a good show and I don't see this being true. So what that they won't be together until July 11..doesn't this happen every year? I remember last year they had Benigno and Roberts do 1-6:30 a few times as well as Richard Neer and I think maybe even Steve Somers.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
They're a good morning team, I like them a lot. But in terms of actual sports talk, Carton doesn't really know what he's talking about, and Boomer is only good for football. Other than that, he's just another fairly knowledgable fan.

Again, that's fine if that's what you're looking for. But losing Francessa would be a serious setback for WFAN. You won't find a more knowledgable sports radio host in the country.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 02:17 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
losing Francessa would be a serious setback for WFAN. You won't find a more knowledgable sports radio host in the country.
Just ask him!

06-23-2008, 07:28 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PruBlue25 View Post
Are they any good?

06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Are they any good?
their pretty good. Their like average sports fans for everything except Football, on Football their experts.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:59 PM
The Korean*

Send a message via AIM to The Korean* Send a message via Yahoo to The Korean*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
their pretty good. Their like average sports fans for everything except Football, on Football their experts.
Considering the fact that Boomer was once an NFL quarterback, it should be.

The Korean* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 08:40 PM
sveyland1

Kellerman and Kenney is the best show on NY sports talk radio.

sveyland1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 08:44 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
Are they any good?
Boomer is a Rangers fan, so he knows a bit about hockey (not an expert, but is willing to talk about it). He's of course a football guy, but overall, Boomer and Carton are funny, so the show is at least entertaining.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:07 PM
RFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Just ask him!
Ain't that the truth. That's the worst part of him that ego.. God when he gets on a roll it is hard to listen. I'm sure any tension has to do with Chris tired of being the sidekick and always having to defer to Mike. 19 years of that would wear on anyone.

RFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I go all the way back to Joe Beningo oveh heah on the oveh night show!!!

Just gettin stahteh!

For the best taste in little italy, you know! Where you gotta go!!!

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUMBEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOS SSSSS!

Clamhouse!

Those were the golden years! Listening to the Schmoozer and then Joe with THE INCOMPARABLE Sugar Ray Martel on the other side of the Glass! Ahhhhhhhhhh Suuuuuuugah! While I studied overnight in my college years... Jerome from Manhattan! You are entering the Jerome zone! And Doris from Rego Park god rest her soul!

I will never get that back!

Joe deserves the afternoon spot! Unlike these condescending imbeciles he is a real fan and doesn't take dumps on the callers!

He actually talks Hockey and cares about what happens to the Rangers. Oh I remember those years 2000-2004 when he'd be like "It's now been seven yeahs!!! Seven yeahs!!! Since the Rangehs haven't made the playoffs! There's a stench coming from Madison Square Garden in April. And it's not the Elephants from the Circus, it's the Rangers and that other circus!"

CLASSIC STUFF!

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
pld459666

Quote:
They're a good morning team, I like them a lot. But in terms of actual sports talk, Carton doesn't really know what he's talking about, and Boomer is only good for football. Other than that, he's just another fairly knowledgable fan.

Again, that's fine if that's what you're looking for. But losing Francessa would be a serious setback for WFAN. You won't find a more knowledgable sports radio host in the country.
I would agree that on certain topics and subjects, Francessa knows his stuff, but there are quite a few things about him that have prevented him from holding a job other than this one over the last 15+ years.

He's a Football - Horse-Racing - College Football - Baseball guy. Get him talking about Basketball and he struggles, get him talking about Hockey and he's absolutely lost.

His pompous attitude and significant short-commings have limited him and the fact that he hasn't left the comforts of Radio for a more lucrative TV gig is very very telling.

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:26 PM
GarretJoseph*

The guy I liked the most was the over night guy from a few years ago.. maybe 10 years ago? I used to stay up all night listening to him anytime a Ranger deal happened or was close to happening or the trading deadline.. he would go on and on about the Rangers/Islanders/Debbies and the Mets.. Joe Benigno...he used to do that ROBBBBBERTTTOOOOOOOSSS clam house advert... I think he moved to the day spot but I don't listen to the radio anymore since the IPOD came around and since I started needing to actually sleep at night...

Last edited by GarretJoseph*: 06-23-2008 at 09:37 PM.
GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:33 PM
GarretJoseph*

One thing I really didn't like about fat boy and numb nuts was (if anyone remembers her) a certain caller from Rego Park named Doris who had a chronic cough in which she would have to cough every few sentences on the air but she was an extremely loyal and informed/educated Mets fan and i loved listening to her opinion. She actually called up once I remember and spoke with those two jerks and they had the audacity to make fun of her and then hang up on her and say on AIR that she was annoying. RIP Doris.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:39 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
I would agree that on certain topics and subjects, Francessa knows his stuff, but there are quite a few things about him that have prevented him from holding a job other than this one over the last 15+ years.

He's a Football - Horse-Racing - College Football - Baseball guy. Get him talking about Basketball and he struggles, get him talking about Hockey and he's absolutely lost.

His pompous attitude and significant short-commings have limited him and the fact that he hasn't left the comforts of Radio for a more lucrative TV gig is very very telling.

I'm not sure is/will be a TV gig for him. He's physically unattractive and is not partcularly well-spoken. And aside from all that, he does not have a bit of appeal or charm to him. Add that he's a sub-par interviewer and what have you really got?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:00 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

I used to love the night show with Joe Beningo but he switched day time and i gave up on WFAN then

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:05 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:

I think that's why they are so good, they can mix it up a bit.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Isles4ever11

Send a message via AIM to Isles4ever11
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
One thing I really didn't like about fat boy and numb nuts was (if anyone remembers her) a certain caller from Rego Park named Doris who had a chronic cough in which she would have to cough every few sentences on the air but she was an extremely loyal and informed/educated Mets fan and i loved listening to her opinion. She actually called up once I remember and spoke with those two jerks and they had the audacity to make fun of her and then hang up on her and say on AIR that she was annoying. RIP Doris.
I remember Doris. She was great. I didn't know she passed though - very sad.

Anyone remember Jerome? He was a die-hard Yankee fan and would call Somers up like every day. Got to the point where right before he called there would be a "You are now entering...the Jerome zone..."

He was a great call.

Isles4ever11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 03:41 AM
D713B

Max Kellerman and Brian Kenny put these two to shame.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 12:06 PM
In The Flesh

Chirs solo is good. Mike is an a$$hat. If you like other sports M&M are entertaining. I'm looking forward to more Mad Dog solo.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote