HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2008 Offseason Rumor/Trade proposal Thread (Cont.)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-22-2008, 02:34 AM
  #76
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by we want cup View Post
I'd consider sending Perry an offer sheet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers17 View Post
What about trying to land Steve Bernier. Hes a big power forward who can go to the net and plays RW which is a need. Hes a RFA but i dont know how much it would take to get him out of buffalo (im guessing 2-3 mil but could be way off) or what we would need to trade for him but hes a good power forward that will be cheaper than malone etc. Your thoughts?
I think Perry or Bernier is the right move for this team if they're planning on bringing back Jagr for one year and letting Avery go. Perry would be the ideal option, but I imagine he's going to be looking for a 5 mil deal, which puts him in that bracket where offersheeting him can be a bad play depending on how your prospect pool looks.

Prucha - Dubi - Jagr
Perry - Gomez - Dawes
Korpikoski - Drury - Anisimov
Callahan - Betts - Byers/Orr

Staal - Redden
Tyutin - Girardi
Mara - Backman
Potter

Hank/Vally


I think that's a lineup that is a good mixture of youth and experience. It allows us to get Anisimov into the NHL at a reduced role and increases his value if a trade becomes a viable option. It also gives us really great secondary scoring potential. Drury gets a legitimate play maker in Anisimov, and the 3rd line has about as much two-way potential as you're gonna get.

Most of us aren't fond of Backman, but playing out the rest of his contract allows us to go after a UFA d-man like Douglas Murray next summer. With the cap going up, Backmans contract would easily cover most of Murray's deal. Couple the cap increase with possible salary dump of Prucha and the space freeing up from Jagr's salary, and you may be able to make a 8 - 9 mil offer to Marian Gaborik on the UFA market. Or, worst case, you hold onto what you have, slot in Cherepanov and hope to land one of Kovalchuk, Nash or Frolov the following summer, which IMO is the better play.

So for the 10-11 season, we look like:

Nash/Frolov/Kovalchuk - Gomez - Perry
Anisimov - Drury - Cherepanov
Korpikoski - Dubi - Callahan/Dawes/Byers/Dupont
Byers/Callahan - Betts - Orr/Dupont

Staal - Redden
Sanguinetti - Murray
Tyutin - Giardi
Del Zotto/Potter

Hank/Vally

Now THAT is a cup contender right there.


Last edited by Trxjw: 06-22-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 08:30 AM
  #77
Turambar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 1,724
vCash: 500
According to both the Post & the Ottawa Sun, the Rangers have been given permission to talk to Campbell:


Per the Post:
"June 22, 2008 -- OTTAWA - The window has opened early on Brian Campbell's free agency, and the New York Rangers have been given permission to take a peek.

Actually, the Rangers have been granted permission by San Jose GM Doug Wilson to do more than peek. The Post has learned that the Blueshirts have been authorized to talk with the impending free-agent defenseman, an opportunity of which Glen Sather is believed to have already taken advantage. "


http://www.nypost.com/seven/06222008...ell_116657.htm


__________________________________________________ _________


Per The Ottawa Sun (Garrioch):
"While the Sharks have tried to prevent their key acquisition at the NHL trade deadline from going to unrestricted free agency, Campbell has been given permission by San Jose to look around.

While San Jose GM Doug Wilson won't admit he's let Campbell test the free-agent waters early, several league executives said they've been given permission to talk to the defenceman.

However, if any team signs Campbell before July 1, Wilson wants compensation.

Sources say the Atlanta Thrashers, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins, Montreal Canadiens and Ottawa Senators have all shown interest, but the Campbell camp might wait until July 1 to table the best offers."


http://www.ottawasun.com/Sports/Hock...50831-sun.html

Turambar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:05 AM
  #78
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Please, no Campbell

Campbell.7M
Drury......7M
Gomez....7M
Lundy + 6.75M
-------------------
DISASTER

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:12 AM
  #79
newyorkrangers11
 
newyorkrangers11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
do you think that campbell is willing to take a short term deal. I don't know if Sather would offer him a long term deal however I believe that is what he wants. Also, he keeps changing his god dam mind. One week he loves San Jose and wants to stay the next week he wants to leave. Whatever he is trying to do I don't get it he needs to make up his mind. I'd rather sign Orpik or Redden before Campbell.. although someone like Campbell on the PP could be just what the Rags need.

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 09:17 AM
  #80
newyorkrangers11
 
newyorkrangers11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
also he has been given Permission by the TEAM to look around.. hasn't he said numerous times that he'd like to stay in San Jose, or is this just like all sports where money talks and the player walks. He'll take the best offer instead of the best fit?

newyorkrangers11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 05:00 PM
  #81
TheHotRock
Registered User
 
TheHotRock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: nyc
Country: United States
Posts: 2,177
vCash: 500
Schneider

it looks like neids is gonna return and the ducks are gonna have to clear some cap somewhere. I'd rather bring in Schneids for a year or two as the stopgap puck mover/pp qb than give a ufa a long term deal. Thoughts?

TheHotRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:03 PM
  #82
battlerex99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Now, I differ from quite a few people on the board in that I am a very big Brian Campbell fan. This offseason reflects that.

Re-sign:
LW Nigel Dawes: 3 years, $3 million
RW Fredrik Sjostrom: 1 year, $800k
D Jason Strudwick: 1 year, $500k
G Steve Valiquette: 3 years, $2.4 million

Sign:
F Brian Rolston: 3 years, $12.75 million
RW Miroslav Satan: 2 years, $5 million
D Brian Campbell: 6 years, $43.5 million
D Josef Melichar: 2 years, $2 million

Prucha ($1.6 million) - Gomez ($7.357 million) - Rolston ($4.25 million)
Dawes ($1 million) Drury ($7.05 million) Satan ($2.5 million)
Korpikoski ($1.018 million) Dubinsky ($633k) Callahan ($575k)
Orr ($550k) Betts ($615k) Sjostrom ($800k)

Campbell ($7.25 million) Staal ($827k)
Tyutin ($2.843 million) Girardi ($1.55 million)
Backman ($2.3 million) Melichar ($1 million)

Lundqvist ($6.875 million)
Valiquette ($800k)

Hollweg ($512k)
Strudwick ($500k)

Total: $52.405 million
Cap Number: $53.945 million

This team would absolutely beast on the PP. Can you imagine what the 1st unit would be:

C: Scott Gomez
LW: Chris Drury
RW: Miroslav Satan
Point: Brian Rolston
QB (D-man): Brian Campbell

That's disgustingly good. I think the second unit would be something like:

C: Brandon Dubinsky
LW: Petr Prucha
RW: Nigel Dawes
D: Marc Staal
D: Dan Girardi

Not horrible either. But our first unit...

battlerex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 06:20 PM
  #83
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,920
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Our situation

Here's how I see it now...

Bringing in Hossa, trading for Kovalchuk (not gonna happen), or signing two of Huselius, Rolston, Ryder and even Prospal (especially if Jagr returns) mitigates a horribly average D. Firepower value. Yet it works vice versa... getting Campbell, Redden, trading for Bouwmeester, kind of makes it okay to go with average offense (signing only one of the aforementioned).

Then there's the middle ground where you can manage Liles or Streit and Stuart along with Ryder, Rolston, or Hossa and a couple support guys like Brunette or Stillman (Straka replacements).

I think the best thing to do now is get at least one RFA forward (I still say, and mark it, every young RFA d-man WILL re-sign with their clubs). So we have Perry, Bernier, Vermette. ANA will match anything for Perry below 6M per... I'm not sure why everyone thinks they can't... they've got room to work with. Will the Sabres trade Bernier, one of the few big players with any promise on the team? It'll probably take an offer sheet of 4-5M (which they COULD match, but likely wouldn't) to get him... please keep in mind, these offer sheets would mean high draft picks for the next 2 years. Vermette really can't be matched over 3M.

Our best options are to trade for an RFA forward, sign one and sign two of Stuart, Liles, Streit, Orpik and Smith... or... sign two or three of them and sign one forward... or trade for Souray, Pitkanen, Kubina, McCabe, Ohlund, sign one of Orpik and Smith and have a little more leeway as to what you do up front.

I really think we need that no. 1 d-man... and as far as crease-clearing guys go, cheaper options are available in Kurt Sauer (COL) and Vandermeer... isn't Hale a UFA also?

We can do without Prucha, Backman, of course, and even Tyutin can be replaced (his cap hit creates an issue for what he is right now, plus, he's the guy we can most afford to deal with any value whatsoever). So we should really focus on trading for Bernier or Vermette. Sadly, dumping Prucha has become an off-season priority in my mind. And I officially HATE the signing of Drury now... a 180 in a year for me.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:14 PM
  #84
gmanwrx
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 149
vCash: 500
Pleaase no campbell....

sign Redden....

if not sign Brad Stuart or brooks orpik..

what about Pavol Demitra or Owen Nolan?

Rangers do have a serious list of fa, that more than likely they are not going to re-sign.

gmanwrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:22 PM
  #85
In The Flesh
Registered User
 
In The Flesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 9,731
vCash: 500
The only justification for not signing Jagr and Avery, is if Sather throws Perry an offer sheet. Thats the only way I won't be pissed. Oh wait, yes I will, cause we just lost a ton of 1st's.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-22-2008, 07:27 PM
  #86
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
The only justification for not signing Jagr and Avery, is if Sather throws Perry an offer sheet. Thats the only way I won't be pissed. Oh wait, yes I will, cause we just lost a ton of 1st's.
i agree, but the only way i wont be pissed if Ovechkin decide's to want to be traded to only the rangers for backman

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 03:10 PM
  #87
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
The more I think about it, the more I like this lineup:

Trades:
Tyutin for Bernier + Buff 2nd

Cheechoo + 3rd 09 for Anisimov/Dubi, Prucha, Sauer + 5th 09

Offer sheet Bouwmeester for 5yr/30mil (6 mil per)

Resign:
Vally 2yrs / 1.6 mil (.8 hit)
Dawes 2yrs / 1.6 (.8 hit)
Mara 3yrs / 7.5 mil (2.5 hit)

Sign from UFA:
Andrew Brunette - 3yrs / 9.75 mil (3.25 hit)
Jason Smith - 2yrs / 4.4 mil (2.2 hit)
or
Mike Commodore - 3yrs / 8.4 mil (2.8 hit)

Dawes (.8) - Gomez - Cheechoo (3) 11.16
Brunette (3.25) - Drury - Bernier (3.1) 13.4
Korpikoski - Dubi/AA - Callahan 2.28
Sjo - Betts - Byers/Orr 2.5
29.34

Staal - Bouwmeester 6.83
Girardi - Mara (2.5) 4.1
Smith (2.2) - Backman 4.5
Potter
15.972

Hank/Vally
7.67

Total: 52.982
With bonuses: 54.482

The 6 mil offer for JBo is a little bit low, but I'm counting on his connection with Pearn to put us over the top. With the trades, we're only giving up two first round picks. Something I could certainly live with for a guy like Bouwmeester (I mean c'mon, a 24 year old #1 d-man??), but I'm sure a lot of people will hate. But with the potential for our D to look like this for the next few years, I'd be all for it:

Staal - Sanguinetti
Bouwmeester - Del Zotto
Girardi - Potter / Commodore


With Cherepanov due in the next year or two, we can afford to possibly package Buffalo's 2nd or SJ's 3rd with a roster player like Dawes to move up into the bottom 10 of the first round either next year, or the following year. However, with so much youth in our existing roster, I think missing a few picks in 09 isn't as big of a deal, no matter how deep people are saying the draft is.

I picked Smith on the back line for some veteran leadership for an otherwise young d-corps. You can substitute him with a younger Commodore if you like, but add about .5 mil to the annual cap hit.

Brunette gives Drury a seasoned set-up man who can also add 20 goals to our offense and kill penalties as well. The low-ish cap hit comes at the expense of giving him an extra season. 2 would be the best, but 3 would probably be more enticing for Brunette.

Bernier gives us a solid presence in front of the net on the PP and provides some grit up front. With Brunette and Drury, I think an estimation of 20 goals would be reasonable.

As you can see, we aren't pushed right up against the projected cap of 56 mil. We have an extra 1.5 mil or so to play with a bit if some salaries need to be inflated for the FA's, or we want to squeak closer to that 6.5 mil mark for Bouwmeester.

I think that lineup fills a ton of holes and still gives us a very good shot at the playoffs next season.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 03:59 PM
  #88
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,481
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The more I think about it, the more I like this lineup:

Trades:
Tyutin for Bernier + Buff 2nd

Cheechoo + 3rd 09 for Anisimov/Dubi, Prucha, Sauer + 5th 09

Offer sheet Bouwmeester for 5yr/30mil (6 mil per)

Resign:
Vally 2yrs / 1.6 mil (.8 hit)
Dawes 2yrs / 1.6 (.8 hit)
Mara 3yrs / 7.5 mil (2.5 hit)

Sign from UFA:
Andrew Brunette - 3yrs / 9.75 mil (3.25 hit)
Jason Smith - 2yrs / 4.4 mil (2.2 hit)
or
Mike Commodore - 3yrs / 8.4 mil (2.8 hit)

Dawes (.8) - Gomez - Cheechoo (3) 11.16
Brunette (3.25) - Drury - Bernier (3.1) 13.4
Korpikoski - Dubi/AA - Callahan 2.28
Sjo - Betts - Byers/Orr 2.5
29.34

Staal - Bouwmeester 6.83
Girardi - Mara (2.5) 4.1
Smith (2.2) - Backman 4.5
Potter
15.972

Hank/Vally
7.67

Total: 52.982
With bonuses: 54.482

The 6 mil offer for JBo is a little bit low, but I'm counting on his connection with Pearn to put us over the top. With the trades, we're only giving up two first round picks. Something I could certainly live with for a guy like Bouwmeester (I mean c'mon, a 24 year old #1 d-man??), but I'm sure a lot of people will hate. But with the potential for our D to look like this for the next few years, I'd be all for it:

Staal - Sanguinetti
Bouwmeester - Del Zotto
Girardi - Potter / Commodore


With Cherepanov due in the next year or two, we can afford to possibly package Buffalo's 2nd or SJ's 3rd with a roster player like Dawes to move up into the bottom 10 of the first round either next year, or the following year. However, with so much youth in our existing roster, I think missing a few picks in 09 isn't as big of a deal, no matter how deep people are saying the draft is.

I picked Smith on the back line for some veteran leadership for an otherwise young d-corps. You can substitute him with a younger Commodore if you like, but add about .5 mil to the annual cap hit.

Brunette gives Drury a seasoned set-up man who can also add 20 goals to our offense and kill penalties as well. The low-ish cap hit comes at the expense of giving him an extra season. 2 would be the best, but 3 would probably be more enticing for Brunette.

Bernier gives us a solid presence in front of the net on the PP and provides some grit up front. With Brunette and Drury, I think an estimation of 20 goals would be reasonable.

As you can see, we aren't pushed right up against the projected cap of 56 mil. We have an extra 1.5 mil or so to play with a bit if some salaries need to be inflated for the FA's, or we want to squeak closer to that 6.5 mil mark for Bouwmeester.

I think that lineup fills a ton of holes and still gives us a very good shot at the playoffs next season.
I know you put a lot of thought into this and i can respect that but i don't think this lineup is realistic...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:06 PM
  #89
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
The more I think about it, the more I like this lineup:

Trades:
Tyutin for Bernier + Buff 2nd

Cheechoo + 3rd 09 for Anisimov/Dubi, Prucha, Sauer + 5th 09

Offer sheet Bouwmeester for 5yr/30mil (6 mil per)

Resign:
Vally 2yrs / 1.6 mil (.8 hit)
Dawes 2yrs / 1.6 (.8 hit)
Mara 3yrs / 7.5 mil (2.5 hit)

Sign from UFA:
Andrew Brunette - 3yrs / 9.75 mil (3.25 hit)
Jason Smith - 2yrs / 4.4 mil (2.2 hit)
or
Mike Commodore - 3yrs / 8.4 mil (2.8 hit)

Dawes (.8) - Gomez - Cheechoo (3) 11.16
Brunette (3.25) - Drury - Bernier (3.1) 13.4
Korpikoski - Dubi/AA - Callahan 2.28
Sjo - Betts - Byers/Orr 2.5
29.34

Staal - Bouwmeester 6.83
Girardi - Mara (2.5) 4.1
Smith (2.2) - Backman 4.5
Potter
15.972

Hank/Vally
7.67

Total: 52.982
With bonuses: 54.482

The 6 mil offer for JBo is a little bit low, but I'm counting on his connection with Pearn to put us over the top. With the trades, we're only giving up two first round picks. Something I could certainly live with for a guy like Bouwmeester (I mean c'mon, a 24 year old #1 d-man??), but I'm sure a lot of people will hate. But with the potential for our D to look like this for the next few years, I'd be all for it:

Staal - Sanguinetti
Bouwmeester - Del Zotto
Girardi - Potter / Commodore


With Cherepanov due in the next year or two, we can afford to possibly package Buffalo's 2nd or SJ's 3rd with a roster player like Dawes to move up into the bottom 10 of the first round either next year, or the following year. However, with so much youth in our existing roster, I think missing a few picks in 09 isn't as big of a deal, no matter how deep people are saying the draft is.

I picked Smith on the back line for some veteran leadership for an otherwise young d-corps. You can substitute him with a younger Commodore if you like, but add about .5 mil to the annual cap hit.

Brunette gives Drury a seasoned set-up man who can also add 20 goals to our offense and kill penalties as well. The low-ish cap hit comes at the expense of giving him an extra season. 2 would be the best, but 3 would probably be more enticing for Brunette.

Bernier gives us a solid presence in front of the net on the PP and provides some grit up front. With Brunette and Drury, I think an estimation of 20 goals would be reasonable.

As you can see, we aren't pushed right up against the projected cap of 56 mil. We have an extra 1.5 mil or so to play with a bit if some salaries need to be inflated for the FA's, or we want to squeak closer to that 6.5 mil mark for Bouwmeester.

I think that lineup fills a ton of holes and still gives us a very good shot at the playoffs next season.
i like the lineup, however i would rather sign orpik instead of mara.....although boumeester IMO is a stud but idk if i would give up the 1st, 2nd and 3rd for him in a very deep draft...

but hey, i like the lineup, lots of thought and good points....i do like the bernier deal, although if tyutin was going the other way i would try for perry

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:35 PM
  #90
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,499
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I know you put a lot of thought into this and i can respect that but i don't think this lineup is realistic...
I can't see every move being made, but I don't think its beyond the realm of possibility to make a few of them. The reason being you aren't targeting the creme-de-la-creme of the UFA market, you're bringing in two key guys that might slide under the radar. I don't think the Cheechoo move is entirely realistic, but I put it in there anyway because I believe he's the kind of player we need for Gomez and he's locked into a great contract for 2 more seasons.

I think if you're going to offer-sheet anyone, it has to be Bouwmeester. He is a great player and with some of our recent draft picks, he could be dealt later on down the line to clear some room for DZ, Sanguinetti, etc while still being young enough to give us a pretty stellar return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i like the lineup, however i would rather sign orpik instead of mara.....although boumeester IMO is a stud but idk if i would give up the 1st, 2nd and 3rd for him in a very deep draft...

but hey, i like the lineup, lots of thought and good points....i do like the bernier deal, although if tyutin was going the other way i would try for perry
Well with the way it's laid out you're getting back the 2nd and 3rd rounders via the SJ and Buffalo trades. With the way this last draft went, it could be very possible to trade back up into the first round.

As for Orpik and Perry, both great options, however both will be significantly more expensive than Bernier and Commodore/Smith. Gotta restrain the spending enough to fit it under the cap.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:52 PM
  #91
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
For the 7 million that Campbell is looking for, we could get 2 solid defensemen and have a tiny bit left over.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 05:59 PM
  #92
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Dredden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
http://sportsnet.ca/hockey/2008/06/23/rangers_sundin/

hmmmmmm

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 06:01 PM
  #93
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangernick23 View Post
doesnt mean they'll sign him

Quote:
Sources say Fletcher granted the New York Rangers permission to talk to Sundin even before the Canadians got it in an attempt to trade the Maple Leafs captain for an asset prior to him becoming an unrestricted free agent July 1
The Fact that they spelled CanadiEns wrong just gives me a meh feeling about the article

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 06:06 PM
  #94
bleedblue94
Registered User
 
bleedblue94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
For the 7 million that Campbell is looking for, we could get 2 solid defensemen and have a tiny bit left over.
i agree ... not for nothing but it seems the focus on campbell is simply for the PP. why not try to find a pp specialist who doesnt need to log 25+ mins a game... a player like that will not require 7 m a year and then we can rely more on defensively solid defenseman at even strength rather then feeling we have to have a top paid player out there for 25 mins a game to justify a contract. honestly campbell is a solid top 4 dman but he really isnt an anchor to me by anymeans

bleedblue94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
  #95
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I can't see every move being made, but I don't think its beyond the realm of possibility to make a few of them. The reason being you aren't targeting the creme-de-la-creme of the UFA market, you're bringing in two key guys that might slide under the radar. I don't think the Cheechoo move is entirely realistic, but I put it in there anyway because I believe he's the kind of player we need for Gomez and he's locked into a great contract for 2 more seasons.

I think if you're going to offer-sheet anyone, it has to be Bouwmeester. He is a great player and with some of our recent draft picks, he could be dealt later on down the line to clear some room for DZ, Sanguinetti, etc while still being young enough to give us a pretty stellar return.



Well with the way it's laid out you're getting back the 2nd and 3rd rounders via the SJ and Buffalo trades. With the way this last draft went, it could be very possible to trade back up into the first round.

As for Orpik and Perry, both great options, however both will be significantly more expensive than Bernier and Commodore/Smith. Gotta restrain the spending enough to fit it under the cap.
the only two players i would offer sheet are wolski(because he will be cheaper) and JBo........(and only one of them)....i would love to trade for perry, bernier(who by the way i like the trade), vermette, carle and more....however, if the rangers signed mara, all i was saying is i would rather sign orpik for that specific spot because he is younger and more physical(something the team lacks)....but like i said, overall i would be happy with that team, just nit-picking really

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:48 PM
  #96
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
the only two players i would offer sheet are wolski(because he will be cheaper) and JBo........(and only one of them)....i would love to trade for perry, bernier(who by the way i like the trade), vermette, carle and more....however, if the rangers signed mara, all i was saying is i would rather sign orpik for that specific spot because he is younger and more physical(something the team lacks)....but like i said, overall i would be happy with that team, just nit-picking really
how about Erik Cole

him and gomez i think would work, although Cole will be an ufa next summer.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:55 PM
  #97
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
how about Erik Cole

him and gomez i think would work, although Cole will be an ufa next summer.
if he could be had for a prospect and a 3rd i would do it....i dont know....maybe something like zaborsky, 3rd?

since next year is a very deep draft, i dont know if i would do more considering he would be an UFA next year

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:10 PM
  #98
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers
 
Ih8theislanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bronx,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,488
vCash: 500
How much do you think Commodore will want? Less than Orpik?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:13 PM
  #99
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
if he could be had for a prospect and a 3rd i would do it....i dont know....maybe something like zaborsky, 3rd?

since next year is a very deep draft, i dont know if i would do more considering he would be an UFA next year
i doubt the canes would accept that. most id do is prucha pock hollweg 2ed in 09 for cole and rights to babchuk

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 11:17 PM
  #100
battlerex99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 143
vCash: 500
Examining a scenario in which we signed Sundin:

Re-sign:
RW Jaromir Jagr: 2 years, $10 million
W Nigel Dawes: 3 years, $3 million
W Fredrik Sjostrom: 1 year, $800k
D Jason Strudwick: 1 year, $500k
G Steve Valiquette: 3 years, $2.4 million

Sign:
C Mats Sundin: 1 year, $7 million
D Steve Montador: 3 years, $4.8 million
D Jason Smith: 2 years, $4 million

Prucha ($1.6 million) Sundin ($7 million) Jagr ($5 million)
Drury ($7.05 million) Gomez ($7.357 million) Dawes ($1 million)
Korpikoski ($1.018 million) Dubinsky ($633k) Callahan ($575k)
Hollweg ($512k) Betts ($615k) Sjostrom ($800k)

Staal ($827k) Girardi ($1.55 million)
Tyutin ($2.843 million) Montador ($1.6 million)
Strudwick ($500k) Smith ($2 million)

Lundqvist ($6.875 million)
Valiquette ($800k)

Orr ($550k)
Potter ($500k)

Total: $52.032 million
Cap Number: $53.572 million

battlerex99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.