HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Blackhawks Re-Sign Ladd

Old
06-23-2008, 06:14 PM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes View Post
So was Ladd.
Ruutu has been healthier lately and Ladd has only missed 36 games in two years. I guess they are pretty even in terms of relative health. I thought Ruutu lost a lot more but it really was just the one season of 15 gp only.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 06:25 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Ruutu has been healthier lately and Ladd has only missed 36 games in two years. I guess they are pretty even in terms of relative health. I thought Ruutu lost a lot more but it really was just the one season of 15 gp only.
You get hurt once and get the "injury prone" tag on this board for life.

The Hurricanes can take Ruutu to arbitration. There is no way that his 32 point season will get him $3M. I haven't seen anything that indicates he's asking for that much anyways.

Ruutu scored more points-per-game with the Hurricanes than Ladd did with the Blackhawks. He's also a better defensive player and more physical, while being a natural center (Brind'amour and Cullen are coming off of serious injuries). Yet the trade is bad because...Ruutu will make a bit more money? Okay.

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 06:29 PM
impeach estaalo
RIPronrefo nevar4get

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Great deal.

Carolina shipped out Jack Johnson and Andrew Ladd.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Glad I'm not a Cane fan.

Anything less than $2 million/year for Ladd is a bargain, especially with a $56MM cap.
Don't forget other hot, shiny prospects such as Igor Knyazev, David Tanabe and Danny Richmond, who have all gone to have illustrious careers on the waiver wire. We all know draft position is the ultimate key to evaluating a trade, not actual player performance.

OMG Blackhawks traded Tuomo Ruutu and Anton Babchuk! They are doomed!

impeach estaalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 06:38 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulligan View Post
Great deal.

Carolina shipped out Jack Johnson and Andrew Ladd.

HAHAHAHAHA.

Glad I'm not a Cane fan.

Anything less than $2 million/year for Ladd is a bargain, especially with a $56MM cap.
Yeah, I mean god knows it sucks having won a cup in the past 47 years and all. I mean who the hell would want a cup when you could have all these great prospects. We all know the team with the best prospect pool according to HF wins, actual results be damned.

DaveG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Jay88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOKOL View Post
http://blackhawks.nhl.com/team/app/?...ticleid=366824

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today the team has re-signed forward Andrew Ladd (6-2, 201) to a two-year contract.
Good mover.I wanted Ladd over Montoya, and badly but it never happened.Will Ladd ever be a big time player, probably NO. But will he amopunt to a 60 point player, probaby yes. Good signing for CHI...............

Jay88* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:55 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Weight View Post
Good mover.I wanted Ladd over Montoya, and badly but it never happened.Will Ladd ever be a big time player, probably NO. But will he amopunt to a 60 point player, probaby yes. Good signing for CHI...............
I don't think he will hit 60 points anytime soon. He scored 30 in 63 last year and really started coming into his own.

That said, he will probably be a 3rd liner for us next year, so I don't see him getting enough ice time to top 40 points. 40 points would be awesome for a 3rd line $1.55mil guy.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 07:58 PM
zetterberg40

Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hutchinson View Post

The Hurricanes can take Ruutu to arbitration. There is no way that his 32 point season will get him $3M. I haven't seen anything that indicates he's asking for that much anyways.

Ruutu scored more points-per-game with the Hurricanes than Ladd did with the Blackhawks. He's also a better defensive player and more physical, while being a natural center (Brind'amour and Cullen are coming off of serious injuries). Yet the trade is bad because...Ruutu will make a bit more money? Okay.
Wow, little pissy are we? Woosaa.. Talk about blowing **** out of nothing. Not to mention i didnt say **** about Ruutu's contract or anything; so i hope thats in regard to someone else. All i said about Ruutu was in regard to his health.

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 08:10 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hutchinson View Post

Ruutu has had more than just 1 injury in his short career. He had knee surgery before he came to the NHL and has never had NHL caliber speed because of it.

I loved the guy in his first season with the Hawks, after that he just lost interest in everything other than his contracts.

Old
06-23-2008, 11:29 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
********. Ruutu definitely was never the same player he was his rookie season, but it was never due to lack of effort. His body doesn't allow him to be the checking line player he wants to be and his offensive skills just didn't translate here last year. Ruutu played hard for Chicago, and the only disapointment I have with him is in what could've been. Contracts with him usually are a pain in the rear, but once he put pen to paper, he was nothing but effort. It's very unfair to paint him off as a Yashin clone.

DisgruntledHawkFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 03:05 AM
Zim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40 View Post
Ruutu lost the majority if not the whole lock out season due to a back injury. He has only really had 1 serious injury while in the NHL.

Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 03:13 AM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan View Post
********. Ruutu definitely was never the same player he was his rookie season, but it was never due to lack of effort. His body doesn't allow him to be the checking line player he wants to be and his offensive skills just didn't translate here last year. Ruutu played hard for Chicago, and the only disapointment I have with him is in what could've been. Contracts with him usually are a pain in the rear, but once he put pen to paper, he was nothing but effort. It's very unfair to paint him off as a Yashin clone.
To me he showed next to zero effort last season. Especially when he played with Toews and Kane, its like he was playing hot potato with the puck. He was afraid to go in corners, afraid to shoot, afraid to make a play. 9 times out of 10 Ruutu had the biscuit last season with us he would dump the puck and get off the ice. It was pathetic and I was very happy to see him leave.