HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Development Camp

Old
06-24-2008, 02:57 AM
cmb572

vCash: 500
i didnt realize how big bobby s was...hes a big boy eh?

cmb572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 03:29 AM
Blazephr

you can tell just from looking at that little bit of video? lol

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 05:30 AM
Levitate

Rockin' soundtrack for those clips, woo

but it's nice to see a little bit of these guys. Stepan looks like he takes the puck to the net...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 05:36 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
if AA could make the NHL team out of camp, it would SOOOOO solve so many problems.

you could pair drury and gomez together, and then not have to go out and buy a winger for gomez. you can just worry on the defense which needs a lot of help.
Doesn't work that way, at least for this year. The Rangers will need to acquire a winger long before Anisimov gets a chance in training camp to make the roster. If you had training camp, THEN free agency started, maybe you'd have a point

Old
06-24-2008, 07:45 AM
Leslie Treff
Hockey's Future Staff

I will be writing a review at the end of the week, but a couple of notes here. I felt that Del Zotto was the best player on the ice yesterday. Showed quite a bit of stuff. Very nice to interview, came out all smiles and very accomodating to all the media.

Bobby Sanguinetti looked good, but as he said himself, he had "hands of stone" after months off the ice. He and Del Zotto looked very good together though. Both have excellent on-ice vision.

I spoke to Hillier at length and he told me that he had played with his hernia all year, and that it had not gotten better. He tried a shot on Sunday to ease some, and will see how it goes later in the week. If this does not work, he has to have surgery to repair it, and then he expects that it will take 3-4 weeks before he can play.

Many of the tryout guys were extremely nervous, so take what ever writers say about them with a grain of salt. Many could not even hit the net. That's often nerves, which will dissipate as the week moves along and the guys are involved in more and more scrimmages.

Scrimmages were interesting, run by Kenny Gernander, 5 on 5, 4 on 4, and even for a short time 3 on 3.

More toward the end of the week.

Leslie Treff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 08:35 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Blueshirt Bulletin mentioned that Sangs was outplayed by Del Zotto yesterday but I don't think that means much since it was the first time Bobby had been on the ice since April.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 08:39 AM
squishy

ISO footage of Anisimov:

http://rangers.nhl.tv/team/launch.ht...9454&catid=543

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 08:41 AM
DarthSather99

Sags looked better that Del Z ..... much quicker, definitely bigger, much better puck handler.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 08:48 AM
Levitate

He looks pretty quick for a big guy. 'Course, that could be because he only weighs 180 or something

(no idea how much he actually weighs, it's just that everyone always complains he's skinny)

Old
06-24-2008, 08:58 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Anisimov looked strong on his skates and willing to move through traffic. Granted, it's only a prospect camp, but I like to see that. It just reinforces what I saw out of him at the WJC.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Sangs looked pretty good, maybe a little rusty. Hard to judge from such a short video

Anisimov looks great, that was the first video I've seen of his recent play. Once he develops into that body he's gonna be a great player. He looks like the typical big Russian pivot in the same style of say, Federov perhaps?

Stepan really impressed me in that vid. He drives hard to the net and seems to be very quick entering the zone. I wonder if they teach those same moves on how to enter the zone to all SSM kids, because I've seen Crosby pull a lot of the same tricks.

Del Zotto is one big 17 year old. I can't imagine he wont be 6'2 200lbs by the time hes ready to make the jump to the NHL.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:00 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
you can tell just from looking at that little bit of video? lol
I think GtJ meant that the video didn't show much... Not Sangs.

Sanguinetti is going to be a stud, I can feel it. If he can become even a moderately effective defender at the NHL level I'll be very happy, since I'm expecting excellent offensive contributions from him in a couple years.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Nich

artie is gonna have a break out season...book it...

and man stephan looks quick! and had a couple of impressive moves

sangs looks like he put on some weight too!!!!

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 09:55 AM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Anisimov looks great, that was the first video I've seen of his recent play. Once he develops into that body he's gonna be a great player. He looks like the typical big Russian pivot in the same style of say, Federov perhaps?
He doesn't have Fedorov's speed or hands, and has already shown a little more propensity to use his size and play a more physical game than Fedorov. But the vision is there, and he plays a strong two-way game like Fedorov.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He doesn't have Fedorov's speed or hands, and has already shown a little more propensity to use his size and play a more physical game than Fedorov. But the vision is there, and he plays a strong two-way game like Fedorov.
Sounds like a really great player to have, thanks for the info.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:25 AM
NYR Viper

i can see del zotto and sanguinetti being better defensivley then many people think they will be.....the rangers vring prospects along well and hell, if renney can make colton orr an nhler and malik a top pairing defenseman i think they wont have a problem teaching these kids to be steady defenseman....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:26 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Stepan looks real good, I can't wait to see how his season goes. Quick feet and hands.

Looking at both Sanguinetti and Del Zotto in the footage, its funny how you can get a look before and after on them. We can only hope Del Zotto takes the same developmental path or better than Sanguinetti. Sangs had basically the same build and skillset at the same age.

But two/three years later, Sanguinetti has grown, put on weight, become a stronger skater, and really seen his game mature to the point where he makes DZ look like the young kid he is.

I'm happy, I guess I was underestimating how far Sangs has come along. He looks ready for pro hockey.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
The photo of Sangs at BSB really makes it look like his body has matured. Just his facial features seem fuller and more mature. After this week, the hype and anticipation for Sangs and DZ on the top two pairings should hit a fever pitch.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:29 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
Stepan looks real good, I can't wait to see how his season goes. Quick feet and hands.

Looking at both Sanguinetti and Del Zotto in the footage, its funny how you can get a look before and after on them. We can only hope Del Zotto takes the same developmental path or better than Sanguinetti. Sangs had basically the same build and skillset at the same age.

But two/three years later, Sanguinetti has grown, put on weight, become a stronger skater, and really seen his game mature to the point where he makes DZ look like the young kid he is.

I'm happy, I guess I was underestimating how far Sangs has come along.
He looks ready for pro hockey.
completely agree. i remember bobby's first camp and he looked almost exactly like del zotto in terms of his frame...

seriously, with sangs, del zotto, sauer, potter in the minors still...our d is looking good for the future. really interested in seeing how that d man we drafted in the last round looks too as i think he was a sauer type steal.

Old
06-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Sags looked better that Del Z ..... much quicker, definitely bigger, much better puck handler.
Haha, no way. Sanguinetti looked like a guy who hasn't played since April.

Del Zotto looked much better than I thought he would up against our boys. His skating is surprisingly smooth -- something I never paid attention to when watching him last year. He looked really good out there.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:39 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Sangs looked pretty good, maybe a little rusty. Hard to judge from such a short video

Stepan really impressed me in that vid. He drives hard to the net and seems to be very quick entering the zone. I wonder if they teach those same moves on how to enter the zone to all SSM kids, because I've seen Crosby pull a lot of the same tricks.

Del Zotto is one big 17 year old. I can't imagine he wont be 6'2 200lbs by the time hes ready to make the jump to the NHL.
He's already 6'0" 211

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Ovens

I know it was only the first day however in my opinion Anisimov looked a level above those around him in the clip...

Ovens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
He's already 6'0" 211
195 actually. he said he shed 15 lbs since that weight...and it was mostly fat....

Old
06-24-2008, 10:58 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
completely agree. i remember bobby's first camp and he looked almost exactly like del zotto in terms of his frame...

seriously, with sangs, del zotto, sauer, potter in the minors still...our d is looking good for the future. really interested in seeing how that d man we drafted in the last round looks too as i think he was a sauer type steal.
i agree, im excited to see gaulton and see what people say about him

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i agree, im excited to see gaulton and see what people say about him
It's usually odd to see players talk themselves up, but Gaulton is 100 percent right in saying if he didn't get injured he would be a second round pick. I had him there right before the season started. People are going to like this guy alot. Gritty, smooth, and smart.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote