HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Any Real Word On Ryder's Destination?

Old
06-24-2008, 11:14 AM
Puckhead58*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
With all of the hype surrounding the draft this past weekend, word on Streit's negotiations possibly on Monday, I have not read anything regarding Ryder's situation. I understand Gainey will probably let him walk, however, I have not read of any possible inquiries by other teams. Has anyone heard of any team who might be interested in his services??

WHO CARES!!!!

Ryder will be gone from the Habs organization and thats all the matters. Its too bad that he went downhill so much in the last season because he looked like he had a lot of potential the 3 years prior to that....but things changed fast and now he hardly looks like he can keep up out on the ice...let alone score 30 goals a season anymore.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
WHO CARES!!!!

Ryder will be gone from the Habs organization and thats all the matters
. Its too bad that he went downhill so much in the last season because he looked like he had a lot of potential the 3 years prior to that....but things changed fast and now he hardly looks like he can keep up out on the ice...let alone score 30 goals a season anymore.
Not that I disagree with anything you're saying PH. But Ryder is still a Hab until July 1st, so just because you're not interested in where he goes or news about him. Doesn't mean that everyone else should feel the same way.

06-24-2008, 11:28 AM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead58 View Post
WHO CARES!!!!

Ryder will be gone from the Habs organization and thats all the matters. Its too bad that he went downhill so much in the last season because he looked like he had a lot of potential the 3 years prior to that....but things changed fast and now he hardly looks like he can keep up out on the ice...let alone score 30 goals a season anymore.
I care. If he puts his stuff together and scores 30 goals for a team like Boston....I care.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 12:08 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

If Sundin doesn't come back, I wouldn't mind giving Ryder a shot for $1.5M.

If you do the math, down the stretch he was VERY good. He was 2nd or 3rd (behind Kovalev and maybe someone else) in PTS per MIN.. He was very good.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 12:33 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
I don't think there's a place for Ryder on our wings anymore, he's as good as gone. Which is fine. He usually puts up thirty, well Tanguay should easily account for 20 in his place.. Sergei Kostitsyn should be able to put up around 15-20 this season. There's Ryder's production gone in goals and is replaced with solid two-way play and a **** load more of assists.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 01:57 PM
Teufelsdreck

It's no longer a question of letting Ryder walk. There's nothing Gainey can do to stop him--nor would he want to stop him by throwing a lot of money at him. He's got a shiny new wing by the name of Tanguay.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

vCash: 50
I say Boston too.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 10:46 AM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
Not that I disagree with anything you're saying PH. But Ryder is still a Hab until July 1st, so just because you're not interested in where he goes or news about him. Doesn't mean that everyone else should feel the same way.

Good point!! I don't expect anybody to feel the same way I do about Ryder....I'm just expressing my opinion.

But I hope we don't re-sign him. I don't see the sense in re-signing a player who spent most of the season sitting in the pressbox.....its kind of a waste of salary if you ask me and it take a spot from a good young prospect if he does crack the lineup.

I was a big Ryder fan back when he was playing good hockey, but in the last couple of seasons I seen how much talent Ryder really has and once you get past his good, quick shot, he doesn't have much else to offer.

He isn't a good passer, he doesn't have great hands and he doesn't have good offensive awareness either. He makes bonehead plays and creates turnovers because he won't pass the puck. He did improve his skating and defensive play in the last year or 2, but in doing that, he lost all offensive skill he had.

This is just my opinion of what I saw the last 2 seasons with Mike Ryder. If there was some way to guarantee that he would be the same player he was 3 seasons ago....I would say give him another chance.....but after last years very disappointing performance....I'm not interested in seeing him back in a Habs uniform.

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 11:11 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‹berMensCH View Post
Rock Bottom?
You probably mean it's french equivalent PierreFonds, glad to know the guy is still around Montreal!
Please don't make me laugh, some parts of NDG, Ama-baie or the southshore are far worse then pierrefonds u must be joking or from the west island and never been outside of it to say that.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I say Boston too.
That's just the obvious choice... along with Pittsburg.

If I can take a wild guess... I'd say Tampa Bay

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Capitano

I hope it's Boston.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote