HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Picard/Ladd/Wolski

Closed Thread

Old
05-31-2004, 01:20 PM
King Fish

vCash: 500
Picard/Ladd/Wolski

Who is the best LW out of these kids, I'd like to see Philly jump up to grab one of them. Where will they be picked?
Thanks.

Old
05-31-2004, 01:35 PM
Vincent_TheGreat

Send a message via ICQ to Vincent_TheGreat
Ladd is the best overall! I would probabaly take Ladd because he is the most physical, best skater and shooter of the three. Wolski IMO is second best, does everything well but nothing is spectacular except his leadership and character.

Old
05-31-2004, 01:39 PM
xander

i don't think ladd gets past 6. I think either the wild (at 12) or the Oilers (at 14) will grab Picard, but it depending on whether guys like shremp or radulov drop, he could go higher than that. Wolski is sounding like the big dropper in this year's draft, a month and a half ago everyone had him top 10, but it seems like nobody like's his intensity and he's dropping like a stone.

note: I've never seen any of them play substancially, so i can't give my personal opinion on them, this is just based on what there current value and draft status seems to be.

Old
05-31-2004, 02:58 PM
db23

I can't fathom where these questions about Wolski's character and intensity are coming from. I haven't seen him play a lot, but the scouts quoted in the Hockey News Draft guide said the exact opposite of what some here are saying.

They said Wolski was great along the boards and in front of the net, and that he was a hard working character kid. Then you have some posters here saying they wouldn't take him top 20 because he doesn't like the physical game.

I think he is a whole level above Ladd and Picard. Bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and more skilled than either of those players.

Old
05-31-2004, 03:09 PM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by db23
I can't fathom where these questions about Wolski's character and intensity are coming from. I haven't seen him play a lot, but the scouts quoted in the Hockey News Draft guide said the exact opposite of what some here are saying.

They said Wolski was great along the boards and in front of the net, and that he was a hard working character kid. Then you have some posters here saying they wouldn't take him top 20 because he doesn't like the physical game.

I think he is a whole level above Ladd and Picard. Bigger, faster, stronger, smarter and more skilled than either of those players.
How many times have you seen Ladd play??

Old
06-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Blue Bullet

McKeen's has been questioning his character all year as well he has dropped down in the rankings for Redline. He was expected to put up better numbers after his rookie year but he really didn't. From what I heard Wolski dissapears for long streches. He is also been charged with waiting for the play to come to him and for his teammates to do all the work. He doesn't play on a good team so he should be the one taking charge and leading the play but he doesn't.

Old
06-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Harry

Ladd

Old
06-02-2004, 12:18 AM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
1. Ladd 2. Picard 3. Wolski
Something tells me NYR will pick Ladd (pending Olesz not being picked)... Picard may go as high as 10... ATL doesn't have any real sniper prospects. Carolina once wanted Wolski, but now I see him falling between 14-19... No way does Radulov fall, he might even go 3rd overall. 10 maximum. Schremp won't go past 12... 7-12, IMO. A lot of people peg Tukonen as top-5, but he may fall a bit... mind you, not out of the top-ten.

I have a funny feeling that Thelen goes before Barker... Thelen's critics have quite obviously never seen him.

Old
06-02-2004, 01:44 PM
Chief

[QUOTE=db23]I can't fathom where these questions about Wolski's character and intensity are coming from. I haven't seen him play a lot, but the scouts quoted in the Hockey News Draft guide said the exact opposite of what some here are saying.

They said Wolski was great along the boards and in front of the net, and that he was a hard working character kid. Then you have some posters here saying they wouldn't take him top 20 because he doesn't like the physical game. QUOTE]

I love THN and their draft issue eventhough there often seems to be misinformation in it...the info in the issue comes from conversations with pro scouts and I've always thought that there was no way a pro scout would tell the world how they really felt about prospects...I shook my head when I read the glowing report about Wolski but even more ridiculous was the comment about how Devan Dubnyk was "stellar" for Kamloops this past season.

Old
06-02-2004, 02:06 PM
Mike8

Wolski is strong along the boards. He will shy away from the physical game and avoid physical contact though. After the whistle he's failed to take his man on multiple occasions, even watching teammates being outnumbered without getting involved. Bizarre to say the least.

Closed Thread