HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can't see how....

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2004, 05:34 PM
MontrealSF
Lars Eller.

vCash: 500
Can't see how....

I was reading the db23 thread and he mentionned how Perezhogin was now a questionable mark for the future, or something like that and I saw some other posters bring this point.

I fail to see how a 1 year suspension will suddenly prevent Perezhogin from being a 1st or 2nd liner...

Thoughts ?

Old
06-01-2004, 05:38 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyF
I was reading the db23 thread and he mentionned how Perezhogin was now a questionable mark for the future, or something like that and I saw some other posters bring this point.

I fail to see how a 1 year suspension will suddenly prevent Perezhogin from being a 1st or 2nd liner...

Thoughts ?
If Campbell allows him to play in the NHL and that he shows good things in training camp it's entirely possible that he starts the season with the habs. If that were to happen Perezhogin's career wouldn't be affected at all. If he's fordidden from playing in the NHL, if there's a lockout or if he can't cut it in training camp then it might set him back a little bit. I wouldn't go so far as to say he's a question mark but he's in a tough spot.

Old
06-01-2004, 05:39 PM
All-Star

Quote:

Thoughts ?
I think he'll be fine so long as he finds somewhere to play at a reasonable level next season...

Old
06-01-2004, 06:57 PM
CoupeStanley

Send a message via MSN to CoupeStanley
What about the WHA ?

Old
06-01-2004, 07:06 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:

Thoughts ?

I do see how this could be very very bad for us and Alex. No one knows how it will pan out, so we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

1. If he's not allowed to play in the NHL, he'll have to go back to Russia. Who's to say he won't just stay there after his 1 year is up. He can make a good salary over there and his team just won the championship in the RSL and are owned by the richest man in Russia. Not saying it will happen but it's a thought. Perhaps he gets pissed off by such a patheic ruling, what he did was wrong, but what the AHL did was wrong too.

2. Mentally there's no saying what effect this will have on him. Perhaps he is never the same player, although I don't see this happening, maybe the whole thing will effect his game in some way.

3. Perhaps Gainey will not stand for this behavior and could consider moving him. I really don't see this happening, but I'm not Gainey.

I don't think we'll have a problem with Perezhogin, but we'll have to see what happens to him. Hopefully he's allowed to play in the NHL, but I would be surprised if they let him play. I get the feeling he'll be playing next year in Russia, which shouldn't be a bad thing, considering he's under contract for 2 more seasons, but I would have a concern of him not coming back, other then that I don't think it will be a problem.

Old
06-01-2004, 08:44 PM
All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoupeStanley
What about the WHA ?
If he can't play in the NHL, I think the RSL would his most likely destination.

Old
06-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Brownies

Yeah, they said that Heatley would never be able to come back... People Overreact sometimes.

Old
06-02-2004, 01:09 AM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

when things will settle down, everything is going to be alright for AP. He will work on his game and he will come back better from this. Gainey won't let the guy go down. It's not how he works.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Garnet

The Nhl

How can the NHL suspend Perezhogin for something that happened in a different league?? I don't think they can. If this is the case, what about players in all the other leagues. What about the right to work? I can is a lawsuit if this happened but I doubt it will.

If I work in a Ford factory and get into a fist fight with another worker and get suspended they can't stop my from going and getting a job at Chrysler down the street.

AHL and NHL are to different entities anyway its the same sport and the NHL won't do this because of the fear of a law suit.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:44 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet
How can the NHL suspend Perezhogin for something that happened in a different league?? I don't think they can. If this is the case, what about players in all the other leagues. What about the right to work? I can is a lawsuit if this happened but I doubt it will.

If I work in a Ford factory and get into a fist fight with another worker and get suspended they can't stop my from going and getting a job at Chrysler down the street.

AHL and NHL are to different entities anyway its the same sport and the NHL won't do this because of the fear of a law suit.
AHL and NHL are affiliated leagues, they do business together, so its almost like two Ford factories. Montreal Canadiens have to ask NHL make their own investigation and judgement, but I would be surpriced if that would differ from AHL verdict. Especially if the police investigation lead into criminal charges.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:51 PM
Marksman

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownies
Yeah, they said that Heatley would never be able to come back... People Overreact sometimes.
I find bringing Heatley into this discussion slightly ironic. I guess all hockey players are equal but some hockey players are more equal than others.

Last edited by Marksman: 06-02-2004 at 06:23 PM.
Closed Thread