HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

profiling

Old
06-23-2008, 08:58 PM
bru998

vCash: 500
profiling

i am just looking for some input on runner profiling , thinking of doing it to skate more on my toes and the shops have been telling me to do this instead of doing a heel lift..what are the advantages of skating on the toes ?

bru998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 09:03 PM
MikeD

http://noicingsports.com/

a great little site that has a bit of info regarding the different profiles and hollows.They did the Radius profile on my Goal skates. Rather than having a flat profile they are done with a 28' radius profile. The bottom of the profile is shifted toward the toes but that suits the goalies stance. I dont know how well that would work for you. I had heard that for the begginner, having the radius shortened and shifted forward improved control...no idea if thats true or not.

Their grinder at noicingsports is a state of the art CNC. After tweaking your grind the program is stored. Each grind after will be exactly the same. Give Duke a call at the shop and I am sure he will discuss the pros and cons regarding your ideas.

MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Ti-girl

Send a message via AIM to Ti-girl Send a message via Yahoo to Ti-girl
Try heel lifts first.

06-24-2008, 02:02 AM
db88

heel lifts wouldnt be a bad idea, but for me i need to get my one90s profiled.. i dont like how the front portion is on the runner.. i cant push off as well, it feels as it there is to much of a radius on it, well lesser in measurement but its more round than id like

db88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
bru998

thanks for the info

bru998 is offline   Reply With Quote