HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

reasoner and nedved update

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 02:32 PM
Mr Sakich

vCash: 500
reasoner and nedved update

anyone hearing anything about these two? Is marty going to be 100% at training camp? Any word on Nedved's signing?

Old
06-02-2004, 02:35 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Well they said that Marty was cleared to play in the last couple games - so I would presume he was DAMN close to 100% then - I don't think his physical health is an issue (although how he mentally recovers from last seasons injury is another question as that kinda thing can play with a guys mind and make him more cautious - a la Grier after his sholder problem that one year he came back poorly although he was healthy).

Old
06-02-2004, 02:39 PM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

With the kind of injury Marty suffered, I do think it will effect his game, and it may take him a few months to overcome the injury and re-gain his high octane style on the ice. Fortunately, Oilers have the depth to move him out of the line-up if his play isnt improving.

On the Nedved front, All I've been hearing is that KLO is interested in getting him signed but not at the current price tag. Talks have slowed down lately from what I read/ hear, but that is to be expected with the current JDD negotiations, and the Draft just around the corner.

Old
06-02-2004, 02:50 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
wasn't it just a while ago in a paper it said that if Lowe offered up 3.5/year for a multi-year deal Nedved would probably have the money needed to get him to return (just a matter of if he wants to be so far away from the model world his wife will have'ta live in). I don't think money will be the reason that Nedved doesn't return if that's what happens (touch wood!)

Old
06-02-2004, 03:31 PM
Slats432

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
wasn't it just a while ago in a paper it said that if Lowe offered up 3.5/year for a multi-year deal Nedved would probably have the money needed to get him to return (just a matter of if he wants to be so far away from the model world his wife will have'ta live in). I don't think money will be the reason that Nedved doesn't return if that's what happens (touch wood!)
Stan Fischler(Fox Sports/MSG Network) said that it would likely take $7 million over two years to get a deal done, but I have no idea from where he got his info.

Last edited by Slats432: 06-02-2004 at 03:47 PM.
Old
06-02-2004, 08:06 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowzie
With the kind of injury Marty suffered, I do think it will effect his game, and it may take him a few months to overcome the injury and re-gain his high octane style on the ice. Fortunately, Oilers have the depth to move him out of the line-up if his play isnt improving.
I agree about Reasoner. I worry that Marty's injury be a huge setback in his development. It took a long, long time for him to heal and recover physically. Such a shame as he was making such great strides. I know Reasoner will be back but as Mowzie suggests, I too expect it to take several months.

However through all of the adversity Marty has faced head-on these past two years, this kid has the heart and character to come back strong. Best wishes to MR! Let's hope there is no more MRI in Marty's future.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:38 PM
Lowetide

That Reasoner injury was such a killer this past season. He was playing very well, and the Oilers having lost Marchant and Comrie needed his two way play.

If there is a strike, I hope he locks onto a team where he can play on one of the top 2 lines, see if he can show some of that offense he's displayed from time to time.

Closed Thread