HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

SJ-NJ Trade Proposal

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2004, 07:10 PM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzank
I would take the Freez back and this deal. Like others here i believe that it's
alittle to expensive for the Sharks - i'd want more than a 6/7 rounder with him
for sure.
I'd also guess that the Freez is more $$ than Brown. If i'm Wilson i might ask
for NJ to pay part of the Salary as part of the deal...

Old
06-02-2004, 02:58 AM
dumpnchase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzank
I'd also guess that the Freez is more $$ than Brown. If i'm Wilson i might ask
for NJ to pay part of the Salary as part of the deal...
He's a RFA so we decide his pay. Brown was earning $1.6, would be qualified at $1.9 and would sign for a little over $2. So the amount of things Friesen brings wouldn't cost us much more than Brown, and like I said Friesen has taken a lower salary than market value from the Sharks in the past, so who knows maybe he could take one of those team bonuses that have become standard for the Sharks players. Almost all Sharks players sign for a below market value and then team bonuses are put in their contracts, the Sharks insure those team bonuses and usually come out on top since no one expects them to get those bonuses.

Old
06-02-2004, 07:45 AM
Mike#16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpnchase
Damphousse most likely is gone. Friesen has VERY GOOD chemistry with Marleau, Sturm, Korky. Friesen is the type of player that would fit very well into RW's system, Fast skater/Good Passer/Good Shooter/Can play D/Very Good Tranisition Game etc... More than a good faceoff man we need another guy who can scare teams with his talent and force them to spread their D out rather than focusing just on Marleau or Sturm.

Friesen just had one bad season with the Devils and part of that was because the everyone wanted him to put up a goal everyother game playing on the 3rd/4th line. When the Sharks gave him the responsibilty on the top 2 lines he was awesome, with Ducks he never wanted to play for them, the Devils don't play his stle of speed game. He can give us everything that Brown can plus Offense and people in the empty seats.

"'I'm not sure he'll be too happy comming "home" when he's on a cup winning team. That right there might affect his preformance."

For one full season the Sharks have been a better team than the Devils and as of today we have a better chance at the cup than the Devils. He would be happy to comeback because he never wanted to leave in the first place and still considers this city a better fit for himself than NJ or ANA.

NJ doesn't want to bring him back right now, he makes $3mil and Lou is looking to most likely trade him because he doesn't want to qualify him nor does he want to lose him for nothing. With the Sharks he will be willing to settle for $2.5-3mil because he has done that before for the Sharks.
Sturm was on the german tv during the SCFs last year and he talked alot about Friesen. They are very close buddies since their days in SJ. Sturm was also ivited to Friesens wedding two weeks after the finals. I think, Friesen would be glad returning to SJ. - But, why trade for him now? SJ can pick him up after July 1st as UFA. NJ won't qualify him for sure.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:23 AM
Strizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike#16
But, why trade for him now? SJ can pick him up after July 1st as UFA. NJ won't qualify him for sure.
Good observation. Could be possible I guess.

Old
06-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Los Tiburones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strizzi
Good observation. Could be possible I guess.
I definitely like the idea of picking up Friesen. 3 mil may be a bit much, but it wouldn't break the budget. He's a much better player than Brown, and I'm sure he'd like to come back. He's not THE answer, but he can definitely be part of the puzzle. Plus, with the emphasis in today's NHL on team speed he'd fit right in.

Old
06-02-2004, 04:10 PM
Baron Von Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los Tiburones
He's not THE answer, but he can definitely be part of the puzzle.
Bingo!

Old
06-02-2004, 05:35 PM
Kevin Wey

I'd far rather see San Jose throw money at someone who fills a true need: Alexei Zhamnov.

If anyone should consider signing Friesen its the New York Rangers.

Old
06-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Los Tiburones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
I'd far rather see San Jose throw money at someone who fills a true need: Alexei Zhamnov.

If anyone should consider signing Friesen its the New York Rangers.
I didn't think getting Friesen excluded signing Zhamnov. Why not both?
I'd like these lines.

Michalek Marleau Sturm
Cheechoo Zhamnov Friesen
Korolyu McCauley Thornton
Parker Primeau Dimitrakos/Ekman.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Wey
Agreed! Zhamnov would be great for any of the lines. He'd fill in the gap perfectly

Last edited by Spacemania: 06-02-2004 at 08:58 PM.
Closed Thread