HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Bouwmeester wants out of Florida

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
  #26
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Here is the defenseman this team needs. Honestly, it would be a dream come true considering how many minutes he can play

Dammit, we're going to have to offer a ton. I doubt he will end up here though. I'm sure other teams could offer much better assets than we can.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:44 PM
  #27
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ1982 View Post
I'm sure Jay Bo didn't like Jokinen getting shipped out. It definitely is a signal of intent on Florida's part. I'd love to get Bouwmeester, but even if he really wants out he is still costly to trade for, probably more than what Jokinen cost. But probably worth it too.

3rd Round Pick, Sanguinetti, Tyutin, Anisimov

or

1st Round Pick, one of Sanguinetti/Anisimov, Tyutin, Prucha

For Jay Bo and probably some kind of throw in.

I know we'd all hate to part with Sangs and/or Anisimov, which is why florida would want them. Sangs is a potential top pairing Dman. Anisimov a potential top 6 forward. Tyutin helps fill the void left by Jay leaving. Prucha is a bit of a throw in on the 2nd package, but a guy who might be able to help a rebuilding team like Florida. The 3rd round pick is pretty valuable, a 1st round pick can obviously be very valuable.

Olli was traded to Phoenix for Ballard, Boynton and a 2nd round pick, which I thought was pretty cheap actually. Jay Bo costs more due to his youth and position.
Wait...#1 center in his prime, signed for two years at a relatively decent cost...WHY should anyone think Florida has any leverage in making a deal?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:46 PM
  #28
Trxjw
Moderator
Bored.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,359
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
And Bouwmeester said he wants out, which lowers the Panthers' leverage. And, teams believe that Martin can be had after the Jokinen deal...a #1 center who plays a PF game and scores 35 goals, with not an outrageous contract which had TWO years left.

Supposedly
he wants out. Regardless, just because he wants out doesn't mean we'll throw a weak package at FLA and snag him. You can bet your ass that there'll be a ton of other teams vying for him as well.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:48 PM
  #29
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Dont want to see Tyutin or Sanguinetti traded. How does Prucha, Backman,and a 3rd rounder sound?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:49 PM
  #30
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
To FLA:

Sangs, Tyutin, Prucha, 2nd in 09

To NYR:

Bouwmeester

Very fair on both sides, considering JBo wants out of Florida
I think this is pretty fair. Tyutin is signed pretty darn cheap and Sanguinetti has plenty of potential and can replace some of Bouwmeester in a year or two.

I can already see some Florida fan coming in here and telling us we're offering garbage though.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 07:53 PM
  #31
NJrocket24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Lets stop and think for a minute here.

Sangs has not played in the NHL yet. His numbers in hartford weren't exactly game breaking last year. The jury is still out, waaaay out. And people here are not willing to name him in a deal for Bouwmeester?

No one here would throw in a marginal AHL player last year, in a second, for a proven NHL player, 40 point season(s), the leader in average ice time at 25 years and a top young defenseman.

Anyway, it'll take way more than just a promising prospect to get Bouwmeester. You've gotta think someone who has seen NHL time at least if you want to give up players and not picks.

Maybe if it gets close to him not re-signing and he forces florida's hand will we get such a bargain, but thats what it will take. The market and competition will be way more expensive than some of the things mentioned here.

For the record, i'd be open trading almost anything the rangers have for bouwmeester.

NJrocket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:04 PM
  #32
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
To FLA:

Sangs, Tyutin, Prucha, 2nd in 09

To NYR:

Bouwmeester

Very fair on both sides, considering JBo wants out of Florida
Add Backman in there to even it out

Man if slats does pull this one off, i will take Back EVERYTHING i said about him not re-signing Avery.....then i'll be even more happier on July 1st when Avery does get re-signed

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
  #33
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,050
vCash: 500
Rocket... Bobby didn't play for Hartford last season... He played for the Brampton Batalion in the OHL and scored 29 goals as a defenseman... Had he not missed games for the WJC he probably would have broken 30...

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:06 PM
  #34
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
how about this....

dubinsky, tyutin, 2nd 09

i think that is fair.....if they wanted i would switch 1st 09 and dubi but other than that i would try like hell to get him out but i feel like that is what they will ask for

also....werent there two defenseman traded back for jokinen?.....does that mean martin is thinking boumeester is gone?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:07 PM
  #35
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJrocket24 View Post
Lets stop and think for a minute here.

Sangs has not played in the NHL yet. His numbers in hartford weren't exactly game breaking last year. The jury is still out, waaaay out. And people here are not willing to name him in a deal for Bouwmeester?

No one here would throw in a marginal AHL player last year, in a second, for a proven NHL player, 40 point season(s), the leader in average ice time at 25 years and a top young defenseman.

Anyway, it'll take way more than just a promising prospect to get Bouwmeester. You've gotta think someone who has seen NHL time at least if you want to give up players and not picks.

Maybe if it gets close to him not re-signing and he forces florida's hand will we get such a bargain, but thats what it will take. The market and competition will be way more expensive than some of the things mentioned here.

For the record, i'd be open trading almost anything the rangers have for bouwmeester.
look at the jokinen deal. Jokinen never said he wanted out of Florida but they traded him for a decent dman, a washed up dman, and a 2nd 09(or 08 i dont remember). Sanguinetti may become better than Jbou you never know. Tyutin would probably intrest them more in a deal then Sanguinetti anyway.



DAMN...................Florida doesnt trade within the division. We're not getting Jbou

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:10 PM
  #36
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Horrible deals, all of them.

We should NOT deal our first round pick for a defenseman, when we have Staal, Girardi, Tyutin in the NHL and Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gaulton, Kundratek, Potter in the system.

Especially considering we can fill that hole WITHOUT giving up personnel by signing one of a few free agents this year.

2009 is going to be an even better draft year then 2008 was and people want to throw draft picks at Florida to help them out?

Not to mention also depleting our system for one guy?

No thanks.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:10 PM
  #37
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
look at the jokinen deal. Jokinen never said he wanted out of Florida but they traded him for a decent dman, a washed up dman, and a 2nd 09(or 08 i dont remember). Sanguinetti may become better than Jbou you never know. Tyutin would probably intrest them more in a deal then Sanguinetti anyway.



DAMN...................Florida doesnt trade within the division. We're not getting Jbou
i dont think they would restrict themselves

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:13 PM
  #38
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Horrible deals, all of them.

We should NOT deal our first round pick for a defenseman, when we have Staal, Girardi, Tyutin in the NHL and Sanguinetti, Del Zotto, Gaulton, Kundratek, Potter in the system.

Especially considering we can fill that hole WITHOUT giving up personnel by signing one of a few free agents this year.

2009 is going to be an even better draft year then 2008 was and people want to throw draft picks at Florida to help them out?

Not to mention also depleting our system for one guy?

No thanks.
the thing is that a lot of those players are just prospects....i wouldnt want to get rid of the first either however he is an elite defenseman at 25......i understand what you are saying....and if sanguinetti could be kept and keep the first sather would be a genius however i think one of them might have to go....although dubinsky may be an option to send them

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
  #39
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJrocket24 View Post
Lets stop and think for a minute here.

Sangs has not played in the NHL yet. His numbers in hartford weren't exactly game breaking last year. The jury is still out, waaaay out. And people here are not willing to name him in a deal for Bouwmeester?

No one here would throw in a marginal AHL player last year, in a second, for a proven NHL player, 40 point season(s), the leader in average ice time at 25 years and a top young defenseman.

Anyway, it'll take way more than just a promising prospect to get Bouwmeester. You've gotta think someone who has seen NHL time at least if you want to give up players and not picks.

Maybe if it gets close to him not re-signing and he forces florida's hand will we get such a bargain, but thats what it will take. The market and competition will be way more expensive than some of the things mentioned here.

For the record, i'd be open trading almost anything the rangers have for bouwmeester.
This is the definition of uninformed.

Sanguinetti played a WHOPPING 6 games in the AHL last year... AS A 19 YEAR OLD.

...his numbers were not game breaking?


You would trade ANYTHING the Rangers have for Bouwmeester?... thank GOD you are not GM.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:18 PM
  #40
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,903
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
PRUCHA DOES NOT HAVE THE VALUE OF A YOUNG TOP SIX WINGER! When will people get that? Dawes has higher trade value...

Bouwmeester will cost something like... 1st in '09, 2nd in '10, Sanguinetti, Tyutin, Dawes... and I'd do that, but it's still a poor trade for FL. We don't really have the assets to get Bouwmeester, unless you want to consider Staal, Dubinsky and Cherepanov (any one of them, a 1st and Tyutin would do it).

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:20 PM
  #41
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR View Post
PRUCHA DOES NOT HAVE THE VALUE OF A YOUNG TOP SIX WINGER! When will people get that? Dawes has higher trade value...

Bouwmeester will cost something like... 1st in '09, 2nd in '10, Sanguinetti, Tyutin, Dawes... and I'd do that, but it's still a poor trade for FL. We don't really have the assets to get Bouwmeester, unless you want to consider Staal, Dubinsky and Cherepanov (any one of them a 1st and Tyutin would do it).
i would attempt

dubinsky, tyutin, 2nd 09

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:20 PM
  #42
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
I think trading for Jbou should be easy, in NHL 08 i got Jbou+ for Anson Carter, Steve Knowalchuk, and Eric Lindros

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:20 PM
  #43
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,659
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
every single proposal in this thread can easily be out done by every team in the league. and if J Bo really is available you can bet there will be several teams seriously going after him. If i was Florida i'd be asking for Dubi, 1st, Sangs, Tyutin and perhaps more...

RangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:22 PM
  #44
AJ1982
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Wait...#1 center in his prime, signed for two years at a relatively decent cost...WHY should anyone think Florida has any leverage in making a deal?
First, Bouwmeester wanting out is only a rumor right now. Even if he wants out I don't think his value diminishes remendously.

Second, they would ship him out west before east, we have to pay a bit more to get him here.

Third, a top notch defenseman at 25 is more valuable than a 29, going on 30 in December, top line centerman.

The only thing that might decrease his value is that Bo is a RFA and negotiation on the contract is still to be done.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:23 PM
  #45
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
This is absolutely nuts.

Bouwmeester is NOT worth depleting our farm system, giving away our young roster players, and giving away draft picks at the same time...

Unreal.

I'm just happy the Rangers brass are too smart to make a ridiculous deal like that.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:24 PM
  #46
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,011
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
This is absolutely nuts.

Bouwmeester is NOT worth depleting our farm system, giving away our young roster players, and giving away draft picks at the same time...

Unreal.

I'm just happy the Rangers brass are too smart to make a ridiculous deal like that.
what would you do?

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:24 PM
  #47
bobbop
Henrik's Pop
 
bobbop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Suburban Phoenix
Country: United States
Posts: 4,818
vCash: 500
I'll be the devils advocate here -- if everyone is so high on Anisimov, why not build the deal around Dubinsky? Dubinsky is a proven asset and he would make this a much simpler deal to make because he has greater value. That said, he's one of my favorite players but you just don't get a chance to get young players like JBo that often. Money and location will enter the conversation here and the Rangers have a lot of both to offer JBo.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:26 PM
  #48
BobbyClarkeFan16
Registered User
 
BobbyClarkeFan16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,870
vCash: 500
Bouwmeester is probably going to end up heading out west. I'll call it right now and say either some place like Vancouver or San Jose. Florida needs forwards in return. I could very easily see San Jose parting with Marleau and someone like Setogucchi. With regards to Vancouver, it'll probably be something like Kesler and Mason Raymond. And then there's the draft picks that will need to be considered as well. You know Florida's going to want first round picks in return as well.

Either way, I just don't see Florida moving Bouwmeester on the East Coast. The only way he remains in the East is if he's moved in a three way deal.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:27 PM
  #49
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
I'll be the devils advocate here -- if everyone is so high on Anisimov, why not build the deal around Dubinsky? Dubinsky is a proven asset and he would make this a much simpler deal to make because he has greater value. That said, he's one of my favorite players but you just don't get a chance to get young players like JBo that often. Money and location will enter the conversation here and the Rangers have a lot of both to offer JBo.
Personally i would rather trade Anisimov, than Dubinsky. I know i will get flamed for this.

Do you think Del Zotto has any value to him?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 08:28 PM
  #50
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
every single proposal in this thread can easily be out done by every team in the league. and if J Bo really is available you can bet there will be several teams seriously going after him. If i was Florida i'd be asking for Dubi, 1st, Sangs, Tyutin and perhaps more...
And, supposedly, Florida was asking for the moon for Jokinen, and look at the package they ended up with...in the last two deals involving elite talent, look at what Florida ended up getting...there's no track record of Florida getting great talent in these kind of deals...at least not since Milbury left the league.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.