HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Don Maloney rebuilding the Yotes

Old
06-25-2008, 04:54 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

vCash: 500
The Yotes and blue jackets are both making strides and it wouldn't surprise me to see both in the playoffs this season.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 05:50 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Wow...This team is really shaping up in Pheonix.

I think they robbed Florida of Jokinen. Got Turris and Mueller both young studs over there. Love what Carcillo brings to the table too. Now adding an enforcer. Who knows, maybe Boedker makes the club this season too. Still got Jovo over there, and Doan...This team looks to be shaping up very nicely.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 06:14 PM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Don't forget guys like MacLean (leading goal scorer in OHL), Kevin Porter (Hobey Bakey Winner), Chad Kolarik, Enver Lisin, and others. It is ridiculously exciting to be a Coyotes fan now considering there have been a bad couple of years. Rangers and Coyotes are my 2 favorites, both are #1 to me and with both of them doing well right now, i couldn't be happier.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 09:47 PM
In The Flesh

I loved PHO in the PO's, I swear, they invented the white out. That arena is bada$$ come PO time. Every PO's I always pick a team out west to bandwagon, hope it will be them next season.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 09:55 PM
NJrocket24

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
Don't forget guys like MacLean (leading goal scorer in OHL), Kevin Porter (Hobey Bakey Winner), Chad Kolarik, Enver Lisin, and others. It is ridiculously exciting to be a Coyotes fan now considering there have been a bad couple of years. Rangers and Coyotes are my 2 favorites, both are #1 to me and with both of them doing well right now, i couldn't be happier.
They are definitley going to be strong in the coming years. I was pulling for the playoff push last year. I liked that they took a east coast trip so I could see all the kids. I think I watched all three games against the three locals. Great building job there.

NJrocket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 10:47 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Now does he get to re-sign Bad Hossa?

Mmmm

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 10:52 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chariot View Post
Now does he get to re-sign Bad Hossa?

Mmmm
imagine if both hossas will sign with the same team, it would not shock me at all.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureGM97 View Post
hobey bakey winner is overrated both mike mottau and jason krog won it, it dont make them great players. lisin went to russia, dont they have that russian kid they got in the comrie deal kiadghov (sp) some centre

Old
06-25-2008, 10:54 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Ha. Well if good Hossa really does follow bad Hossa to the Yotes than we know Maloney probably wins that trade regardless of what Montoya does in the NHL

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2008, 10:58 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Ha. Well if good Hossa really does follow bad Hossa to the Yotes than we know Maloney probably wins that trade regardless of what Montoya does in the NHL
for some reason i think that will happen.

Old
06-25-2008, 11:43 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
They already announced that Marcel is hitting Free Agency

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 12:06 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
I'm really jealous of what Don is doing in Phoenix.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 12:57 AM
FutureGM97

Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
hobey bakey winner is overrated both mike mottau and jason krog won it, it dont make them great players. lisin went to russia, dont they have that russian kid they got in the comrie deal kiadghov (sp) some centre
Still, Porter's potential play in the Coyotes organization is very high and until he proves me otherwise, winning that Hobey Baker is an accomplishment. As for Lisin, he came back and played the last part of the season for the Coyotes but was a big piece for their AHL team the whole year and in the playoffs. Kaigorodov isn't going to turn into anything unfortunately but it doesn't matter considering there isn't going to be much room for him anyhow.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 12:59 AM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Chris Drury, Matthew Carle, Paul Karyia, BRIAN LEETCH.... have all won the Hobey Baker. Just because 2 out of about 100 arent good doesnt mean the award is worthless.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 06:49 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
I'm really jealous of what Don is doing in Phoenix.
Don's doing a great job and I wish he was our GM but let's not forget alot of those young players Phoenix has were there before Don became GM.

Saying that, I don't know how we'll be able to compete with the young talent assembled by Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Chicago and Los Angeles to name a few. All team drafting in the top 10 for a few years now.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:30 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
Don's doing a great job and I wish he was our GM but let's not forget alot of those young players Phoenix has were there before Don became GM.

Saying that, I don't know how we'll be able to compete with the young talent assembled by Pittsburgh, Phoenix, Chicago and Los Angeles to name a few. All team drafting in the top 10 for a few years now.
Thats key right there.

Imagine if we actually went with our homegrowns and added just a few free agents over the 7 year hell we had?

Staying 'competitive' assured us of being out of the Ovechkin/Crosby/Malkin/etc game.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 04:48 PM
ShootThePuckCoyotes

Quote:
Lisin palyed in San Antonio the whole year last year except for the end of the season when he played for Phoenix. He will have a real good chance to make the big club this year.

ShootThePuckCoyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 05:46 PM
Celestial Black

He definitely pulled it out so far. Damn good decision making and still more to come, once FA begins.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote