Notices

Jason Arnott

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2004, 06:06 PM
gbl1p

vCash: 500
Jason Arnott

You folks see him play far more than I do, care to elaborate on him? Lets get the scoop!

Assets: ??
Flaws: ??
Contract structure: ??
04/05 projection: ??

Old
06-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Brodeur

Assets: Big body, above average skater, heavy shot, decent hands. Can play the point on the PP.

Flaws: Consistency, can be a headache in the locker room. Almost an automatic to miss 10 games a year due to injury.

Contract structure: He's an RFA, the Stars have to qualify him (I think at 3.85 million) by July 1st. If not, he becomes UFA.

Projections: Probably a good bet for 50-60 points.

Old
06-02-2004, 02:38 AM
LehtsGo

Arnott alternates between being dominant & invisible. He had a solid season, his best pointwise in a long time. I personally think he never fully recovered from that groin injury in the last few weeks of the regular season & it effectively made him a nonfactor from then on out. Same thing happened last year in the playoffs at the end of the Edmonton series.

The most significant thing about him this year is his line was consistently the best line for the Stars for stretches at a time in different combinations (Barnes-Arnott-Morrow, Guerin-Arnott-Morrow, Ott-Arnott-Oliver, Guerin-Arnott-Bure), accounting for a high +/-.

His biggest flaw will always be inconsistency. Re: his contract, I really don't believe the Stars will qualify him, but they will probably try to resign him at a lower price as a UFA. Earlier this year, he had really good value but it's been kind of overshadowed by both his & the team's overall playoff performance.

Old
06-02-2004, 11:09 PM
gbl1p

Thanks much for the input, gentlemen.

Closed Thread