HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I saw Sam Rosen Today

Old
06-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Jarmac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
yeah, he even gave me an explenation on why avery was definetly gone. He said it wasnt all about the money, but more of a Shanny factor.
Can you explain?

Jarmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:31 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Bass View Post
I for one would like to know more about that.
Well Shanny and Avery were real good friends..and Shanny had an influence on getting Avery traded to the rangers...maybe now that Shanny retires..Avery does not have the Shanny influence to keep him...

Thats how I interpret it..if that even made sense

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:34 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
According to Kodiak and I will just use approx $, we have 34 mill in contracts not including korpedo. If we waive backman, that leaves us with $32 mill. With a 56 mill cap that leaves us 24 mill.

Campell 6.5 million
Orpik 4 million
Malone 4.5 million
Jagr 5 million plus bonus
Rozival 3.5 million

Thats 23.5 million dollars and leaves us 1/2 million from cap. And we have other holes to fill on the 2nd line.

I believe this was a fib

I don't think it's fair to call this "meeting" a lie based on your own salary cap calculations.

I think at best we are getting second hand information about what Sam Rosens predictons are for the offseason. Whether these moves happen or not it doesn't mean that BubblegumGang184434 is lying.....I don't think Sam Rosen (who should be in the hockey hall of fame) is connected in anyway to what Sathers thinking, but it SOUNDS like Rosen has an educated guess at what the Rangers are doing..

Even if this is all BS be happy there is something to talk about...be happy!

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Well Shanny and Avery were real good friends..and Shanny had an influence on getting Avery traded to the rangers...maybe now that Shanny retires..Avery does not have the Shanny influence to keep him...

Yeah it does, thanks.

06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Unk

I'm not clamoring for Avery to come back terribly, especially when the team has other needs and if he gets overpaid, but I'd be pretty ticked if Slats spent, say, 4.5 mil on Malone and Avery gets signed for 3.5 mil by some other team.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:39 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I don't think it's fair to call this "meeting" a lie based on your own salary cap calculations.

I think at best we are getting second hand information about what Sam Rosens predictons are for the offseason. Whether these moves happen or not it doesn't mean that BubblegumGang184434 is lying.....I don't think Sam Rosen (who should be in the hockey hall of fame) is connected in anyway to what Sathers thinking, but it SOUNDS like Rosen has an educated guess at what the Rangers are doing..

Even if this is all BS be happy there is something to talk about...be happy!
Just because they are interested in them does'nt mean they will sign them

I mean come on Cambpell, Rozsival ,Orpik.........no chance in hell all 3 come.......I say 1

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
I'm not clamoring for Avery to come back terribly, especially when the team has other needs and if he gets overpaid, but I'd be pretty ticked if Slats spent, say, 4.5 mil on Malone and Avery gets signed for 3.5 mil by some other team.
Malone is way better than Avery ...........Malone is a top 6 forward and would look real nice with Gomez and Dawes while Avery is better suited as a 3rd line checking winger

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:40 PM
Heat McManus

Quote:

Shanny and Avery were not that close, but Shanny definitely had an influence on him.

Heat McManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Just because they are interested in them does'nt mean they will sign them

I mean come on Cambpell, Rozsival ,Orpik.........no chance in hell all 3 come.......I say 1
Great, but my response is to whether this poster was telling a lie.

I don't think it's fair to call the guy a liar based on virtual salary cap numbers..

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Unk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
Malone is way better than Avery ...........Malone is a top 6 forward and would look real nice with Gomez and Dawes while Avery is better suited as a 3rd line checking winger
I'm not so sure. Granted, this Rangers team leaves something to be desired, but Avery has helped the team. Malone has an incredible center, and I think we'll be disappointed with him on this team, especially if he needs to carry the offense.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:52 PM
showjaxx

What kind of bagel did he get?

Rozy and Malone signings are meh. Everything else is alright in my book.

showjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:56 PM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
According to Kodiak and I will just use approx $, we have 34 mill in contracts not including korpedo. If we waive backman, that leaves us with $32 mill. With a 56 mill cap that leaves us 24 mill.

Campell 6.5 million
Orpik 4 million
Malone 4.5 million
Jagr 5 million plus bonus
Rozival 3.5 million

Thats 23.5 million dollars and leaves us 1/2 million from cap. And we have other holes to fill on the 2nd line.

I believe this was a fib
First thing I thought of when I read the OP was that we wouldn't be able to fit all those contracts. Glad to see someone already ran the numbers, although I believe Rozsival will get closer to 4M. Unless we're making some trades, we won't be getting Malone, Orpik and Campbell. I don't want any part of Malone or Campbell but would gladly pay Orpik his 4M. My guess is we'll get Campbell and Orpik.

Rozsival - Staal
Campbell - Orpik
Tyutin - Girardi

That's a damn good top 6.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:

He told me that Shanny kept him in line, that he will be a problem if Shanny isnt on the team anymore.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:00 PM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR censored View Post
What kind of bagel did he get?

Rozy and Malone signings are meh. Everything else is alright in my book.
Oh you know Sam goes with the classic Everything Bagel.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:01 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

I don't doubt that Sam may have said these things, but my question is why would Sam know these things? He's not in the front office. He's an announcer.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:02 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Just remember that this is speculation. I'm going to assume Sam hasn't spoken with any of the players he mentioned, so he doesn't know who they want to play for. I think he's just going by what people close to the team (maybe even Sather) have told him, and there's nothing wrong with that. That's what rumors are based on. We'll just have to wait and see.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:03 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

Another interesting note about Sam's eating habits; he really loves his cheesecake. My father in law is in the media and ran into Sam at the dessert table in the media area during a game where Sam shoveled down 3 pieces of cheesecake!

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nevesis

Avery is playing hardball. He has no other place to go but to stay here in NY.

Sather knows this, and is playing the waiting game. Avery will eventually sign for what he is worth because he loves the team, the city and wants to play here.

Avery will still be a New York Ranger. Wait and see.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
Just remember that this is speculation. I'm going to assume Sam hasn't spoken with any of the players he mentioned, so he doesn't know who they want to play for. I think he's just going by what people close to the team (maybe even Sather) have told him, and there's nothing wrong with that. That's what rumors are based on. We'll just have to wait and see.
Exactly, but i'm trusting Sam over Larry anyday of the week.

Old
06-26-2008, 08:20 PM
squishy

There isn't much there that Sam didn't say in an interview on XM 204 a month or so ago. I'm not sure why anyone would doubt the OP.

Just remember. Sam's a broadcaster for the team, not a member of the front office. Does he have connections? Sure. But everything that he was reported to have said is his own (informed) opinion, not guaranteed fact.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:21 PM
In The Flesh

Roszival coming back - meh.

If Sam is right about Avery, don't know why he'd make stuff up.

I will hate this team without Avery, I'm sorry I will. Not forever, but I will be digusted at least until Jan, if the team is totally crapping the bed, like the Mets btw, I will be even more disgusted. THe team was a dog before we got him, then we got him, practically reborn. I have no reason to believe this team won't return to dog form without him.

Sather is a bum. The one good trade he makes that sparked this team in a way no one could, he lets walk. **** him.

I will be following Avery and his new team closely, as he has become one of my fav players.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
mti79

Just because Sam said this doesn't make it fact. It's what he said to a fan. Who knows what will eventually happen. It's pretty cool though to have this "inside information". LOL. Let's Go Rangers. Can't wait for Tuesday.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Roszival coming back - meh.

If Sam is right about Avery, don't know why he'd make stuff up.

I will hate this team without Avery, I'm sorry I will. Not forever, but I will be digusted at least until Jan, if the team is totally crapping the bed, like the Mets btw, I will be even more disgusted. THe team was a dog before we got him, then we got him, practically reborn. I have no reason to believe this team won't return to dog form without him.

Sather is a bum. The one good trade he makes that sparked this team in a way no one could, he lets walk. **** him.

I will be following Avery and his new team closely, as he has become one of my fav players.
Maybe their not going to re-sign him is because he isnt going to have Shanny to keep him in-check so he can possibly ruin our youth **cough, LA, cough**

Old
06-26-2008, 08:25 PM
MonacoBlue

I think some of you guys are misconstruing what Sam said. Sam is only telling us that the Rangers are pursuing Malone, Orpik and Campbell. He doesn't guarantee that Sather will sign any of them, let alone the whole bunch. Sather might get outbid or these guys might just choose to go elsewhere. Most likely, he's just going after everyone he likes to plug the holes that the Rangers have in their lineup as of right now.

MonacoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
I'm not doubting you, just surprised Sam was so forthcoming to a stranger in a public place.
Nah, my dad met him in a Airport in St. Louis. Years ago. It was messiers last year in vancouver and my dad asked him the chances of mess returning to the Rangers and Sam told him to expect to see #11 as the captain again when the contract is up.

Sam is very forthcoming.

Gardner McKay is offline   Reply With Quote