HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I saw Sam Rosen Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2008, 08:27 PM
  #51
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHotRock View Post
i like everything about that. i'm starting to warm up to the idea of ryan malone on this team...he's the kind of big winger that would look really nice next to drury. But campbell, orpik and roszival....something doesn't make sense....unless you plan on waiving backman. those 3 with staal, toots and girardi would be a serious top 6.
3 free agent defensemen?

Doesn't make sense.

Where does Sanguinetti and Del Zotto fit in in a year or two.


One of Rozsival and Orpik yes. Mara, OK.

Campbell? Too expensive. How many years? A little overrated.


Malone? Not bad. How many years? Dollar amount?


Not sure about all of this.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:29 PM
  #52
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Dubinsky View Post
Nah, my dad met him in a Airport in St. Louis. Years ago. It was messiers last year in vancouver and my dad asked him the chances of mess returning to the Rangers and Sam told him to expect to see #11 as the captain again when the contract is up.

Sam is very forthcoming.
My Dad ran into him last year, and asked him if the Rangers had signed Henke yet (this was about a day or two before it was reported), and he said they just inked him to a 1 year deal.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:30 PM
  #53
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
3 free agent defensemen?

Doesn't make sense.

Where does Sanguinetti and Del Zotto fit in in a year or two.


One of Rozsival and Orpik yes. Mara, OK.

Campbell? Too expensive. How many years? A little overrated.


Malone? Not bad. How many years? Dollar amount?


Not sure about all of this.
I dont think sam was saying we are definetly signing all of those guys, he said those were the guys the rangers are targeting right now.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:30 PM
  #54
Loto68
Registered User
 
Loto68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 858
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Roszival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Campbell - Orpik


Not gonna lie, that would be a pretty damn impressive top 6 (not necessarily that order though).
Problem with both Rozy and Campbell is what happens to Sangs. Also Rozy would probably be the worst defenseman on the team.

Loto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:31 PM
  #55
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Maybe their not going to re-sign him is because he isnt going to have Shanny to keep him in-check so he can possibly ruin our youth **cough, LA, cough**
Do you really think that would happen? Do you think Staal and Dubinsky are suddenly going to start smoking crack because of Avery. If our young kids bring the type of effort Avery brings to the ice every single game I would be very pleased with that. This LA thing keeps hovering over Avery but all I've seen is a guy who plays his tail off every single shift, plays as physical as anyone in the league, and he sticks up for his teammates. I'll live with an occasional water bottle toss if he keeps bringing all the other stuff.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
  #56
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,554
vCash: 500
No chance Rozi and Campbell

BUT I think they will sign one of Campbell or Redden

why the hell does everyone say it won't fit under the freaking cap...........they have like 22 million dollars to spend already

they have tons of prosects they can play at 3rd and 4th line spots and they come cheap

I guarantee a top D man, physical D man, forward for Gomez and Jagr are signed

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:35 PM
  #57
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Do you really think that would happen? Do you think Staal and Dubinsky are suddenly going to start smoking crack because of Avery. If our young kids bring the type of effort Avery brings to the ice every single game I would be very pleased with that. This LA thing keeps hovering over Avery but all I've seen is a guy who plays his tail off every single shift, plays as physical as anyone in the league, and he sticks up for his teammates. I'll live with an occasional water bottle toss if he keeps bringing all the other stuff.
Avery also had a "Babysitter" in Shanahan, He didnt have that influence in LA. In Detroit he also had Shanahan, Yzerman, Hull, Robitaille, Hasek, and Lidstrom. Him and Dustin Brown had MAJOR problems when Avery was in LA.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:37 PM
  #58
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I think Sam, Joe, and especially JD when he was here, have a lot more access to the front office than you guys think. He's at the training center, he's at MSG, he talk to agents, players, coaches, equipment guys, etc. I am sure he knows what's BS and what's legit speculation. What some in this forum have done is jump to the conclusion that Sam said there are agreements in place with all of these guys, and that would be tampering.

Sam's HIGHLY informed opinion is what he told to BGG, nothing more. If you guys want to take it as truth just to rip BGG on Tuesday, that's cool. Most sane people look at this and say "hey, that's some cool info coming from an inside guy, so maybe we really have a shot at some of these guys!".

Here's the deal on Sam, I don't think he's capable of lying to fans. What he says on air is what he needs to keep his job, but when you meet him and ask him a direct question you just get the feeling he NEEDS to tell you the truth, or as much as he knows. It's like a catharsis for what he can't say on air.

/rant

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:38 PM
  #59
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Do you really think that would happen? Do you think Staal and Dubinsky are suddenly going to start smoking crack because of Avery. If our young kids bring the type of effort Avery brings to the ice every single game I would be very pleased with that. This LA thing keeps hovering over Avery but all I've seen is a guy who plays his tail off every single shift, plays as physical as anyone in the league, and he sticks up for his teammates. I'll live with an occasional water bottle toss if he keeps bringing all the other stuff.
It happened with the Mets in '86.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
  #60
Prospalous
 
Prospalous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
i really couldn't care less if you believed me or not. Just wait until July 1st, and we will all see if Sam is right.
i dont think it's the believing you part, it's the believing what Sam informed you part

Prospalous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:40 PM
  #61
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
3 free agent defensemen?

Doesn't make sense.

Where does Sanguinetti and Del Zotto fit in in a year or two.


One of Rozsival and Orpik yes. Mara, OK.

Campbell? Too expensive. How many years? A little overrated.


Malone? Not bad. How many years? Dollar amount?


Not sure about all of this.
Del Zotto NEEDS to play 2 more years in junior....Probably 2 more years after that in Hartford...After that he still might not be ready...Do you expect him to just jump to the NHL within the next 2 years?

Sanguinetti is far from a finished product. If anything the expectations for him need to be dropped ALOT...He needs to learn the pro game on defense as well as offense next season. Offensive moves he did in junior are not going to translate in Hartford next season....Sanguinetti has the talent and smarts to be a real good defenseman in the league but rushing him is not going to help him....

The Rangers are not going to be passive with obvious needs at the NHL level because they have talent in the pipeline. If one of these kids takes a spot from a vet in the future the Rangers will move the vet...If the vet can't be moved they can waive him (ala Kaspar)

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:41 PM
  #62
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I think Sam, Joe, and especially JD when he was here, have a lot more access to the front office than you guys think. He's at the training center, he's at MSG, he talk to agents, players, coaches, equipment guys, etc. I am sure he knows what's BS and what's legit speculation. What some in this forum have done is jump to the conclusion that Sam said there are agreements in place with all of these guys, and that would be tampering.

Sam's HIGHLY informed opinion is what he told to BGG, nothing more. If you guys want to take it as truth just to rip BGG on Tuesday, that's cool. Most sane people look at this and say "hey, that's some cool info coming from an inside guy, so maybe we really have a shot at some of these guys!".

Here's the deal on Sam, I don't think he's capable of lying to fans. What he says on air is what he needs to keep his job, but when you meet him and ask him a direct question you just get the feeling he NEEDS to tell you the truth, or as much as he knows. It's like a catharsis for what he can't say on air.

/rant
thanks Forechecker

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:42 PM
  #63
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
thanks Forechecker
Np. QFT.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:43 PM
  #64
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
It happened with the Mets in '86.
Very true, they snorted their way to a Championship, so it might not be such a bad thing afterall. If you ever want to have a good laugh, read "The Bad Guys Won:The story of the 1986 Mets". It details their partying, very entertaining read.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:44 PM
  #65
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Very true, they snorted their way to a Championship, so it might not be such a bad thing afterall. If you ever want to have a good laugh, read "The Bad Guys Won:The story of the 1986 Mets". It details their partying, very entertaining read.
Man, that book made me want to cry.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:49 PM
  #66
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Roszival - Staal
Tyutin - Girardi
Campbell - Orpik


Not gonna lie, that would be a pretty damn impressive top 6 (not necessarily that order though).
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
First thing I thought of when I read the OP was that we wouldn't be able to fit all those contracts. Glad to see someone already ran the numbers, although I believe Rozsival will get closer to 4M. Unless we're making some trades, we won't be getting Malone, Orpik and Campbell. I don't want any part of Malone or Campbell but would gladly pay Orpik his 4M. My guess is we'll get Campbell and Orpik.

Rozsival - Staal
Campbell - Orpik
Tyutin - Girardi

That's a damn good top 6.
Yeah it is a good top 6, but it's also costing you about 18 - 20 million dollars. I don't know if we can make that kind of commitment to our D if we're hoping to sign any forwards.

Rozy (4) - Staal (.827)
Orpik (4) - Campbell (6.5)
Girardi (1.6) - Tyutin (2.7)
= 19.63

Almost 20 million in defense, with no room for Sanguinetti unless we let Girardi walk when he his RFA status next year.

I don't see us landing Campbell and Orpik and still fielding a group of forwards that would be very productive.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
  #67
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
Del Zotto NEEDS to play 2 more years in junior....Probably 2 more years after that in Hartford...After that he still might not be ready...Do you expect him to just jump to the NHL within the next 2 years?

Sanguinetti is far from a finished product. If anything the expectations for him need to be dropped ALOT...He needs to learn the pro game on defense as well as offense next season. Offensive moves he did in junior are not going to translate in Hartford next season....Sanguinetti has the talent and smarts to be a real good defenseman in the league but rushing him is not going to help him....

The Rangers are not going to be passive with obvious needs at the NHL level because they have talent in the pipeline. If one of these kids takes a spot from a vet in the future the Rangers will move the vet...If the vet can't be moved they can waive him (ala Kaspar)
Del Zotto, probably 3.

Sanguinetti, 1.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:51 PM
  #68
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Del Zotto, probably 3.

Sanguinetti, 1.
Del Zotto needs at least 4 years i say, he needs to find his defensive game before going to New York

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:52 PM
  #69
Fletch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 21,457
vCash: 500
IF Sangs...

is ready next season he'd take Backman's spot. I'm guessing he won't be ready though.

Everything Bubblegum said regarding Sam's opinions make sense. It may not all happen, but that may be Sather's initial hit list.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:53 PM
  #70
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Yeah it is a good top 6, but it's also costing you about 18 - 20 million dollars. I don't know if we can make that kind of commitment to our D if we're hoping to sign any forwards.

Rozy (4) - Staal (.827)
Orpik (4) - Campbell (6.5)
Girardi (1.6) - Tyutin (2.7)
= 19.63

Almost 20 million in defense, with no room for Sanguinetti unless we let Girardi walk when he his RFA status next year.

I don't see us landing Campbell and Orpik and still fielding a group of forwards that would be very productive.
isnt Girardi a UFA in 2 seasons. I may be wrong though.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:56 PM
  #71
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
isnt Girardi a UFA in 2 seasons. I may be wrong though.
I think your right, I believe we signed him to a 2 year deal for 1.4mill per.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
  #72
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I think your right, I believe we signed him to a 2 year deal for 1.4mill per.
yeah because he got the extension from Sather. i thought i was going crazy for a bit.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
  #73
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World
 
CM Lundqvist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 8,676
vCash: 500
Well, I think Sam's right about that stuff, and something like this - someone within the organization with credibility spilling information - has happened before with Chris Botta from the Islanders.

While Sam is probably not making things up, what he says is not necessarily going to happen. Deals sometimes just don't work out, whether it's a signing or a trade, some things just hit roadblocks, and don't pan out.

I just wonder how they're going to sign both Campbell and Orpik, plus Malone, and bring back Jagr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Come on man, if someone that wasn't you posted the same thread with all this info... would you believe them?

I just don't see Rosen disclosing any of that info to some random fan that he never met... unless he was under the influence of something

But if come July 1st most of this turns out to be truthful I will not be ashamed to eat crow
Chris Botta, man. That's all I gotta say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vakar Lajos View Post
Shanny and Avery were not that close, but Shanny definitely had an influence on him.
They were a bit closer than you think.

Weren't best friends, but still closer than you think.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
  #74
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Del Zotto needs at least 4 years i say, he needs to find his defensive game before going to New York
I'm sticking with 3.

2 years left in Juniors, one in the AHL.

He will be paired with a steady, "stay at home" kind of guy, should make the transition a little easier and allow him to take chances.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
  #75
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
isnt Girardi a UFA in 2 seasons. I may be wrong though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I think your right, I believe we signed him to a 2 year deal for 1.4mill per.
I thought so as well, but nhlscap.com and nhlnumbers.com both have him listed as an RFA. I believe if he was offered a 3 year deal he would have hit UFA status at the end of the contract.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.