HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2009 Lines W/ new 56.7 cap hit

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2008, 08:44 PM
  #1
Ace2008
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country:
Posts: 364
vCash: 500
2009 Lines W/ new 56.7 cap hit

I just lost a very convincing post to the reload button....Darn

ok simplified version

GET 1 puckrushing Defender

ii- Get Sundin + JAgr signed to 1 yr 4.5 + 4.4 bonus laden deals

iii-- Get a pair of cup winning or at least Conf Finals winning Dmen

iv---Roll 4 lines and prepare in practice 4 Dmen Duo's

Here's my take


Prucha---------Dubinsky----------Jagr*cap min 6.8 mill_+4.4 mill bon

Drury---------Sundin-----------Sjostrom 12.5+ 4.3 bonus

Dawes--------Gomez----------Cooke/Tucker/J.Ruutu@1.5*9.8 cap hit*

Korpikoski------Betts----------Callahan*2.5 cap hit*

Isbister-------G.Moore-------Orr *reserves cap hit of 1.85m$*

Trade Hollwegg to Western Conf...let him Surf....

Staal-------A.Foote/Redden/B.Stuart/M.Roz 5-6 mill total cap hit

Tyutin-----girardi(4.3 cap hit)

Backman--Commodore/M.Sauer/Lilja/prospect *3.3-5 mill)

Reserves---Pock+ Strudwick*(1.25 mill cap hit)

Lundqvist+Wiika+Steve 7.7 cap hit

that's 55 mill w/ just enough breathing room for a trade/ demotion in the D. Gaulthier Philadelphia Phantoms style--- A 2 million dollar 1st round pick Hitting Defender playing in the lower tier that allows for the parent club to challenge for the Eastern Conf Championship in the playoffs....Somehow that wouldn't fly so well in some cities but Creative GM's think in terms of doing whatever it takes to make it work

If everybody is healthy then they can fit

a vet trade at the deadline for say a 4.5 mill salary vet at the end

Ace2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:58 PM
  #2
Jarmac
Registered User
 
Jarmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 848
vCash: 873
Looks good, but you can only have 3 extras on the roster, and I wouldn't put Sjostrom on the 2nd line, Prucha on the 1st, and Gomez on the 3rd.

Korpikoski--Dubinsky--Jagr
Dawes--Gomez--Rolston
Prucha--Drury--Callahan
Sjostrom--Betts--Orr

Hollweg

Staal--Rozsival
Tyutin--Girardi
Backman--Orpik

Pock

Lundqvist
Valiquette

I think Sather will get a couple of FAs, 1 forward, 1 dman (like Rolston and Orpik), re-sign Roszival and Jagr. I don't think Backman's going anywhere, but I want Pock to make the team and take his spot. I also think we can see Korpedo on the top line with Jags by the end of the year, providing Straka-like defense and speed.

Jarmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:05 PM
  #3
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,863
vCash: 500
I cant understand why everyone wants Drury on the wing. I just dont understand it, not to mention Gomez on the third line.

The idea that these guy are side pieces and not to be used in their true role is mind boggling when they are making as much as they are.

Sundin and Jagr?

I just can't agree with this and the more i think about the idea of this type of lineup the more and more les sense it makes to me.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:53 PM
  #4
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Jagr ain't comin back.

No such negotiations, talks, or anything....

and Straka is going to Czech.

Bye Jagr.

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:54 PM
  #5
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Jagr ain't comin back.

No such negotiations, talks, or anything....

and Straka is going to Czech.

Bye Jagr.
Hope youre right. But i think they have talked.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:08 PM
  #6
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
If what Sam told me is right, i think the lines would look like

Malone-Dubinsky-Jagr = $10.1
Dawes-Gomez-Sjostrom = $8.9
Callahan-Drury-Korpikoski = $8.5
Byers-Betts-Orr = $1.5

= $29 million

Campbell-Staal = $7.3
Rozsival-Orpik = $7.5
Tyutin-Girardi = $4.2

= $19 million

Lundqvist-Vally= $7.25

$55.25 million

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
  #7
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
If what Sam told me is right, i think the lines would look like

Malone-Dubinsky-Jagr = $10.1
Dawes-Gomez-Sjostrom = $8.9
Callahan-Drury-Korpikoski = $8.5
Byers-Betts-Orr = $1.5

= $29 million

Campbell-Staal = $7.3
Rozsival-Orpik = $7.5
Tyutin-Girardi = $4.2

= $19 million

Lundqvist-Vally= $7.25

$55.25 million
Switch Korpedo and Sjostrom and we'll be in business. I like this lineup a lot but I don't think we'll land all 3 of Campbell, Malone, and Orpik. 2 of the 3 is most likely.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:17 PM
  #8
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
If what Sam told me is right, i think the lines would look like

Malone-Dubinsky-Jagr = $10.1
Dawes-Gomez-Sjostrom = $8.9
Callahan-Drury-Korpikoski = $8.5
Byers-Betts-Orr = $1.5

= $29 million

Campbell-Staal = $7.3
Rozsival-Orpik = $7.5
Tyutin-Girardi = $4.2


= $19 million

Lundqvist-Vally= $7.25

$55.25 million
I just said that in the other thread.

With Backman as the 7th man, thats a pretty versatile defense. If sanguinetti is ready, maybe you can trade off Tyutin and get the winger you need for Gomez at the deadline. This might be possible now that the cap increase almost certainly making Sather salivate all over himself.

If you build around your goaltender with that defense, still have a very potent powerplay and find some simple and effective moves and/or signings for your two top centers (what the hell maybe even Malone, for size) thats a pretty solid lineup. Throw the surrounding cast of Dawes, Cally, Betts, Sjostrom, etc.. and you have a solid forechecking team that can draw penalties, put the puck in the net (hopefully) and be a dangerous special teams unit.

And surprise, Jagr wasnt even mentioned.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:33 PM
  #9
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,399
vCash: 500
I think the veteran bonus clause only applies to one player so you can't do that cap distribution trick on both Jagr and Sundin. Plus, it just rolls over to next season doesn't it? We have Shanny's 2.5 or so on our cap this year.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 07:52 AM
  #10
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors
 
Beacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 8,142
vCash: 500
Prucha on the first line, Sjo on the second?!

Why not send Backman to Hartford and free up another $2.3M. Then use that to sign a decent top-6 forward.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace2008 View Post
I just lost a very convincing post to the reload button....Darn

ok simplified version

GET 1 puckrushing Defender

ii- Get Sundin + JAgr signed to 1 yr 4.5 + 4.4 bonus laden deals

iii-- Get a pair of cup winning or at least Conf Finals winning Dmen

iv---Roll 4 lines and prepare in practice 4 Dmen Duo's

Here's my take


Prucha---------Dubinsky----------Jagr*cap min 6.8 mill_+4.4 mill bon

Drury---------Sundin-----------Sjostrom 12.5+ 4.3 bonus

Dawes--------Gomez----------Cooke/Tucker/J.Ruutu@1.5*9.8 cap hit*

Korpikoski------Betts----------Callahan*2.5 cap hit*

Isbister-------G.Moore-------Orr *reserves cap hit of 1.85m$*

Trade Hollwegg to Western Conf...let him Surf....

Staal-------A.Foote/Redden/B.Stuart/M.Roz 5-6 mill total cap hit

Tyutin-----girardi(4.3 cap hit)

Backman--Commodore/M.Sauer/Lilja/prospect *3.3-5 mill)

Reserves---Pock+ Strudwick*(1.25 mill cap hit)

Lundqvist+Wiika+Steve 7.7 cap hit

that's 55 mill w/ just enough breathing room for a trade/ demotion in the D. Gaulthier Philadelphia Phantoms style--- A 2 million dollar 1st round pick Hitting Defender playing in the lower tier that allows for the parent club to challenge for the Eastern Conf Championship in the playoffs....Somehow that wouldn't fly so well in some cities but Creative GM's think in terms of doing whatever it takes to make it work

If everybody is healthy then they can fit

a vet trade at the deadline for say a 4.5 mill salary vet at the end

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 08:07 AM
  #11
slim399
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boston
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
The more and more I think about it... I believe Sather is going to infact make a one year run at the cup and sign Sundin and Jagr to 1 year 5mill dollar deals with a couple of mill worth of very reachable incentives. Then I think Sather takes a run at Redden as our #1 dman to play with staal. And we will do our usual adding a few kids into the mix.

Sundin- 1 year 5mill, 2mill of incentives
Jagr- 1 year 5mill, 2mill of incentives
Redden- 4 years, 22 mill

Anisimov-Sundin-Jagr
Korpikoski-Gomez-Drury
Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Byers/Jessimen

Staal-Redden
Tyutin-Girardi
Potter-Backman

Lundqvist
Valliquete

Salaries come out to a little under 53 mill.

Add in Orr and Strudwick as your extras and Shanny's bonus money we are right around the cap number.

I love the idea of giving Anisimov and Korpikoski a great opportunity... Look how much it helped players like Amonte and Kovalev playing with Messier.

The 1st line would be a beast, the speed of the 2nd line will be unreal- plus i think Drury could be the sniper Gomez needs... he loves one timing the puck and gomez is the perfect set up man for him. 3rd and 4th lines are very defensively responsible and can put the puck in the net.

I wish we could add in Avery and Orpik but the money just doesn't work. This is in fact a short 1 year run at the cup... I think it is a lot better idea then dipping into the free agent market and getting stuck with 5-6-7 year deals. Makes us a true cup contender and we will have the open cap space for the next few years to take a run at true superstar in Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Staal, Nash if they become available.

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 08:10 AM
  #12
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,861
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I cant understand why everyone wants Drury on the wing. I just dont understand it, not to mention Gomez on the third line.

The idea that these guy are side pieces and not to be used in their true role is mind boggling when they are making as much as they are.

Sundin and Jagr?

I just can't agree with this and the more i think about the idea of this type of lineup the more and more les sense it makes to me.
Not saying that I'm a fan of the OP's lineup, but personally, I don't think it should matter one bit what the players are making. Last year, we had Drury centering the third line, and it was working for us. Did it matter then that he's making a ton of money? If moving a guy off of his natural position is what is best for the team, then you do it, regardless of his salary. Sort of just playing Devil's advocate here, but still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post
Anisimov-Sundin-Jagr
Korpikoski-Gomez-Drury
Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan
Sjostrom-Betts-Byers/Jessimen
You think Anisimov is ready to play on a top line in the NHL, on the wing no less? That seems like a monumental stretch to me.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 08:54 AM
  #13
bigblue21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Country: United States
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
These lineups are just getting insane.

Let's see, we've got Prucha all over the place, Sjostrom all over the place, Anisimov on the top line, Gomez on the 3rd, us signing 3 FA defensemen, signing 6 FA's...

I mean is anyone actually thinking when they put together these things. Yeah, I see your reasoning, but just take a step back from the Ranger microscope and think to yourself, is there any realistic chance this is going to happen?

Please let July 1 come so this will end!

bigblue21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:01 AM
  #14
showjaxx
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,555
vCash: 647
Prucha (1.6) - Gomez (7.357) - Hossa (8.3) -(17.257)
Dawes (.75) - Drury (7.05) - Vermette (3) -(10.8)
Korpedo (1.1?) - Dubi (.633) - Callahan (.575) -(2.308?)
Sjostrom (.75) - Betts (.615) - Orr/Byers (.537/.608) -(1.902/1.973)

Total: 32.267/32.338

Stall (.827) - Campbell/Liles (6.5/3.5) -(7.327/4.327)
Tyutin (2.844) - Girardi (1.550) -(4.394)
Potter (.542) - Pock (.667) -(1.209)

Total: 12.93/9.93

King (6.875)
Wiik (?)

Total: 7.475?

Cap Hit- 52.743+2.5=55.243

showjaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:08 AM
  #15
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,861
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigblue21 View Post
These lineups are just getting insane.

Let's see, we've got Prucha all over the place, Sjostrom all over the place, Anisimov on the top line, Gomez on the 3rd, us signing 3 FA defensemen, signing 6 FA's...

I mean is anyone actually thinking when they put together these things. Yeah, I see your reasoning, but just take a step back from the Ranger microscope and think to yourself, is there any realistic chance this is going to happen?

Please let July 1 come so this will end!


Spot on. I don't mean to be a dick, but like you said BB, some of the things thrown around in this and other threads are just comical.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:14 AM
  #16
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post


Spot on. I don't mean to be a dick, but like you said BB, some of the things thrown around in this and other threads are just comical.
And I thought my projected lines were unreasonable

I would guess and of course I will be wrong somewhere

Naslund, Sundin, Druy
Dawes, Gomez, Malone
Prucha, Dubinsky, Callahan
Sjostrom ,Betts, Jamtin
Moore ,Orr

Campbell, Staal
Tyutin, Girardi
Montador, Backman
Potter

Lundqvist, Wikman

If they have 22 million to spend I see:
Sundin - 5 on cap plus bonusses
Naslund- 2
Malone-4
Campbell 6.5
Montador 2

That is 19.5 and the rest to their own RFA's

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:57 AM
  #17
Cherepanisimov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,181
vCash: 500
Drury-Dubi-Jagr
Dawes-Gomez-Prucha
Korpedo-Anisimov-paranteau
callahan-betts-byers (Extra:Hollweg, Orr)

staal-campbell
toots-girardi
Mara-Potter
(Strudwick)

King
Vally

=around 54M(including dead space)

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 12:07 AM
  #18
TylerDurden77
 
TylerDurden77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 55
vCash: 500
Malone-Gomez-Gaborik
Prucha-Drury-Ryder
Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan
Korpikoski-Betts-Sjostrom

Bowmeester-Staal
Girardi-Liles
Tyutin-Mara

Lundqvist-Valiquette


Dare to dream right? Heh.

TylerDurden77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 01:48 AM
  #19
mike14
Registered User
 
mike14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Melbourne
Country: Australia
Posts: 4,295
vCash: 500
It's a nice looking dream but how do you plan on getting J-Bo without giving up a roster player?

mike14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 01:55 AM
  #20
Jaromir Jagr
New York Rangers Cup
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike14 View Post
It's a nice looking dream but how do you plan on getting J-Bo without giving up a roster player?
Six first round picks, of course!

Jaromir Jagr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:41 AM
  #21
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,424
vCash: 500
After reading the recent news of Jagr probably not returning, I'm proposing this lineup:

Dawes - Gomez - Rolston
Prucha - Drury - Malone
Callahan - Dubinsky - Korpedo
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Staal - Campbell
Tyutin - Girardi
Rookie (Potter?) - Orpik

Lundy
Valli

I think that would be a cap hit of ~53M. It's got two solid lines and a 3rd that can add some offense. The defense is very solid and fairly deep.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:04 AM
  #22
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella
 
Carlos Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 5,154
vCash: 67
Didn't do complete math but this should just about fit.

Prucha-Sundin(5.5)-Jagr(6)
Drury-Gomez-Callahan
Dawes-Dubinsky-Korpedo
Byers-Betts-Sjostrom

Staal-Rozsival(4)
Tyutin-Girardi
Backman-Orpik(3)

Lundqvist
Valiquette

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:08 AM
  #23
NYRSinceBirth
Registered User
 
NYRSinceBirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
I'm surprised to see how many people hate to see shoestring on the 2nd line. He got hands, he played on PHX PP and PK. Plus dudes got wheels like no one else on the team (Well, Gomer too). I'd love to see these two pair with another speedy winger. Sjo and Gomer would provide a pretty ridiculous forecheck while being a serious offensive threat. I don't know what else you could ask for.

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:13 AM
  #24
NYRSinceBirth
Registered User
 
NYRSinceBirth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,843
vCash: 500
As for lines:
Prucha-Dubi-FA
Sjo-Gomer-Dawes
Cally-Drury-Korpedo
Byers-Betts-Orr

Campell-Staal
Rozy-Orpik
Toots- Girardi

EDIT: Or throw Drury on Dubi's wing, and fill in 3rd line center... maybe in a year AA?


Last edited by NYRSinceBirth: 06-28-2008 at 10:51 AM.
NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:16 AM
  #25
Doyle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Drury - Gomez - Malone/Huselius/Hagman
Dawes - Dubinsky - Prucha
Korpedo - Weight/Yelle/Williams -Callahan
Byers - Betts - Orr/Hollweg

Orpik - Campbell/Redden
Staal - Rozsival
Tyutin - Girardi

I would be happy with any of these combinations

Doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.