HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What if Rangers cant sign Jagr, Hossa

Old
06-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
They used to in the past...I guess you forget that or just wasn't a hockey fan back then.

"In the previous agreement, compensatory draft picks were awarded, with the position of a pick based on the size of the player's new contract."
maybe you shouldn't live in the past. Stop Crying, Get over it.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:10 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
haha, Rangers have no success developing players, I guess I imagined all those NYR draft picks kicking the Devils' ass this year.

luckily for you, Lou and Conte discovered that if they stop developing good young players, teams will stop signing them.

the 2nd round compensation picks were meant to help teams who can't afford to keep their free agents. I don't think they should bring them back to help those teams that can afford it, but instead make bad investments like White, Zubrus, Malakhov, Mogilny etc. the Devils spend just as much as the Ducks, Rangers and Detroit, so they could have maintained their players had they been a little smarter.
Yea, Jagr, Gomez, Drury and Avery are all homegrown Rangers talent. Compare that to NJ with Brodeur, Elias, Gionta, Parise, Zajac, Madden, Pandolfo, Clarkson, Brylin, Rupp, White, Martin,Greene and Oduya (to an extent). Good points.

With the max contract up to 11 million your saying Zubrus at 3.4 million the next 5 years is a bad contract? The will probably average 45-50 points the next 5 seasons playing solid defense. Do you think a #3 defensmen like Colin White at 3 million is a poor investment? Mogs and Malakhov were poor decisions make after the lockout, nobody could predict what players were hurt most by the time off.

Jason MacIsaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Yea, Jagr, Gomez, Drury and Avery are all homegrown Rangers talent. Compare that to NJ with Brodeur, Elias, Gionta, Parise, Zajac, Madden, Pandolfo, Clarkson, Brylin, Rupp, White, Martin,Greene and Oduya (to an extent). Good points.

With the max contract up to 11 million your saying Zubrus at 3.4 million the next 5 years is a bad contract? The will probably average 45-50 points the next 5 seasons playing solid defense. Do you think a #3 defensmen like Colin White at 3 million is a poor investment? Mogs and Malakhov were poor decisions make after the lockout, nobody could predict what players were hurt most by the time off.
dude this is the Rangers board, no one cares about the devils.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:14 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
maybe you shouldn't live in the past. Stop Crying, Get over it.
So if I have a problem with anything regarding the NHL I should stop crying and get over it? I am pointing out a flawed part of the NHL. With UFA getting younger the NHL isn't about building a franchise, its about assembling the best team through FA. Pretty much the same as the NBA....you have your one superstar signed long term then sign pieces around them.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:15 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
dude this is the Rangers board, no one cares about the devils.
Just responding to his post, no harm in that.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:22 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I think our friend Jason may be confusing RESTRICTED free agents, which do get compensatory draf picks, with unrestricted FAs who don't, at least not in the past 20 years or so.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:27 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Our team this year had Staal, Dubinsky, Girardi, Tyutin, Callahan, Lundqvist, and Dawes al homrgrown and all played a role in being Devils kilers this year.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:27 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
I think our friend Jason may be confusing RESTRICTED free agents, which do get compensatory draf picks, with unrestricted FAs who don't, at least not in the past 20 years or so.
Maybe he is. Jason, get out of here when you can bro, you're not going to win this argument on a Ranger board. I personally respect your opinion, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I or other posters here will agree with it

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:39 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
oh never mind, I didn't realize you could name four (4) Rangers that weren't homegrown. clearly you proved me wrong.

Quote:
With the max contract up to 11 million your saying Zubrus at 3.4 million the next 5 years is a bad contract?
yep.

Quote:
The will probably average 45-50 points the next 5 seasons playing solid defense.
who's The? is that his nickname?

anyways interesting points projection. he's only hit 45 points twice, both times in Washington playing with some pretty decent linemates.

Quote:
Do you think a #3 defensmen like Colin White at 3 million is a poor investment?
if he keeps deteriating at this astounding pace, yes. he's signed through the next 4 years.

Quote:
Mogs and Malakhov were poor decisions make after the lockout, nobody could predict what players were hurt most by the time off.
give me a break. anyone with open eyes could see that those two were ridiculous signings.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
anyways interesting points projection. he's only hit 45 points twice, both times in Washington playing with some pretty decent linemates.
didn't he play with Ovechkin when he got 45 points.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:43 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
didn't he play with Ovechkin when he got 45 points.
yes he did. he also played with Jagr a number of years in Washington.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:48 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
yes he did. he also played with Jagr a number of years in Washington.
and he only got 45 points playing with those two

Old
06-26-2008, 10:51 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
and he only got 45 points playing with those two
well he got 60 and 57 points in the two years with Washington (and some Buffalo) after the lockout. but besides that his career high is 43.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:55 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
well he got 60 and 57 points in the two years with Washington (and some Buffalo) after the lockout. but besides that his career high is 43.
thats pretty good, but recently he hasnt done anything to prove that he deserves that contract.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:56 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Zubrus has averaged over .5 points per game. That equals to 42-45 points a season over his career. Say what you want about him, he is worth 3.5 million and that will be a complete bargin if he regains his 55-60 point range.

White played his first year with reduced vision, he will only get more comfortable with the situation and playing weaker minutes. We used him as a #2 defensmen which everyone knows he isn't.

The Rangers are starting to develop players but signing Hossa and Sundin will contradict what they have been doing the last few years. How much ice time can go around.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:58 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Zubrus has averaged over .5 points per game. That equals to 42-45 points a season over his career. Say what you want about him, he is worth 3.5 million and that will be a complete bargin if he regains his 55-60 point range.

White played his first year with reduced vision, he will only get more comfortable with the situation and playing weaker minutes. We used him as a #2 defensmen which everyone knows he isn't.

The Rangers are starting to develop players but signing Hossa and Sundin will contradict what they have been doing the last few years. How much ice time can go around.
Doesn't like every Devil fan want White to retire?

and i will have a devil avatar if the Rangers sign one of Hossa or Sundin.

Old
06-26-2008, 10:59 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
thats pretty good, but recently he hasnt done anything to prove that he deserves that contract.
Ask any Devil and probably Sutter himself who ended up getting the bad end of the stick when it came to linemates throughout the year. Because Zajac, Gionta, Elias (at times) and Langenbrunner struggled Zuburs was tossed on every possible line. Zubrus was also one of our best forwards against you guys in the playoffs. He is worth the check.

Old
06-26-2008, 11:01 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
Doesn't like every Devil fan want White to retire?

and i will have a devil avatar if the Rangers sign one of Hossa or Sundin.
The Devils fans who want White to retire are clueless fair weather fans who don't understand what White actually does without noticeing. They take for granted that he hits, blocks shots and makes life tough on players wandering around the crease.

Old
06-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
The Devils fans who want White to retire are clueless fair weather fans who don't understand what White actually does without noticeing. They take for granted that he hits, blocks shots and makes life tough on players wandering around the crease.
actually the ones who are saying it are the more notable posters on here.

Old
06-26-2008, 11:19 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Quote:
actually the ones who are saying it are the more notable posters on here.
No they aren't...I have been on this site since 1999, none of the credible posters want White to retire.

Old
06-26-2008, 11:29 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
ANYWAYS. Back on track... without getting into this worthless Devils trite:

I dont want Hossa.

I'd rather do what was said earlier, and try to get Jagr at a discount for a year, or TWO at the MOST.

If not, oh well. We play who we've got.. and see if anybody steps up and surprises us.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 05:24 AM
free0717

We wont get Jagr if that offer from Omsk is true.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 05:55 AM
NorthlandPro

I would be very happy. It will allow Renney to really put a footprint of style into the structure of the team. No more worrying about an sensitive vet. Sure we may miss the playoffs, so what. If the isles could compete with the slugs they had last year, we can surely compete for a playoff spot with the young talent we have. Too many teams are spending too freely and at some point the cap will stop going up and may actually go down.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 06:52 AM
free0717

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
I would be very happy. It will allow Renney to really put a footprint of style into the structure of the team. No more worrying about an sensitive vet. Sure we may miss the playoffs, so what. If the isles could compete with the slugs they had last year, we can surely compete for a playoff spot with the young talent we have. Too many teams are spending too freely and at some point the cap will stop going up and may actually go down.

Maybe your right. Maybe its time to stop babying our young guys in Hartford and bring them in and see what they got. Worst comes to worst we get in the Tavares sweeps. The only thing that bothers me is we have Lundquist, Gomez, Drury on our team and we are rebuilding.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 07:47 AM
JR#9*

The best part is just like Jason, Lou and his thinking are getting left behind with their outdated thinking.

It's a joke to think that after owning a guys rights for so many yrs that you should get any sort of compensation, let alone a 1st rounder!

But the Devils are in probrably the worst shape UFA wise in the entire NHL, maybe the Islanders are the only team worse off because they not only can't keep any of their quality free agents but they have no shot at drawing any of the top UFA's as it simply is the 2nd least dersired place to play for NHL players shown by the THN pool of 300 NHLer's, no small sample size by any stretch.

And when you combine not being able to lure any topend guys and instead to do the blue-light special, bargain-bin shopping that Lou is forced to do and on top of that you have one of the 3 worst prospect pools in the entire NHL that is a lethal combo that will have the legendary Lou in a really tough spot, granted from his own doing, for a long time to come.

I love all these Devil fans with guys like Redden, Campbell, Hossa etc... in their avatars as if the Devils had a shot at any!

And when he misses on those guys and starts shopping amoung the Satans and Stumpels of the world it will really go to show just how off Lou and his "we don't rebuild in NJ" stance is and how he will just prolong the need to start a semi-rebuild at the very least.

But Marty will never allow for it in his chasing of stats which has him dictating that he play 77-78 games a yr despite sh%^&ing the bed come playoff time where everybody then makes the "well he's tired" excuse.

And for you Jason to try and take shots at the current Rangers is just laughable as we unlike before are doing it 100% correctly by building a base, a top 7-8 prospect pool AND just as importantly we have the ability to compliment our young kids by making signing of top end UFA's to fill specific holes or needs just like Gomez and Drury last yr.

We had tons of homegrown products throughout the lineup but guys like Jason can't take off the Lou Lams Koolaid glasses.

I know that alot of Devil fans wanted Sundin bigtime being that they don't have anything down the middle at all which forced a LW to move to the middle and it's comical to think about guys actually thinking he'd entertain signing in NJ.

And it kills them even more that the NYR's was the first team he wanted to speak to about signing on with, regardless if we get him or not because obviously we are his first choice if all else equals out.

I look forward to the next 7-10 days watching the classic posters like Muttley continue to try and rip us down as well as our prospects all while he'll be tsanding their left with 3rd and 4th tier guys once again!

JR#9* is offline   Reply With Quote