HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: Knickerbocker talk

Old
06-26-2008, 07:32 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Yeah, its going on right now. Still the 1st round.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:44 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Honestly I don't like this pick. The Knicks need players that can step in right now. Eric Gordon would have been ideal, especially since Marbury is probably in his last season. He could have backed him up and then stepped in next season. Who knows how long it's going to take for Gallinari to become accustomed to the NBA?

I'll give this a chance, but I'm not too pleased right now.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Better Call Saul

The problem with Gordon is that, from what I've read, he doesn't project as a point guard. He seems more like a scoring SG, which the Knicks have in Crawford. I happen to like the Gallinari pick; he'll work well with D'Antoni, whom he's familiar with.

Better Call Saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:50 PM
danno2530

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymenoceros View Post
The problem with Gordon is that, from what I've read, he doesn't project as a point guard. He seems more like a scoring SG, which the Knicks have in Crawford. I happen to like the Gallinari pick; he'll work well with D'Antoni, whom he's familiar with.
I think Gordon could play either guard position if asked. He's probably better suited at the SG spot, but they say if he improves his ball-handling, he might wind up as a solid option at the point.

I do think D'Antoni is the right coach for a guy like Danillo, but I'm just not sure how he's going to fit in on this team. I just think a PG would have been the best option at this point.

Old
06-26-2008, 07:51 PM
Better Call Saul

I don't particularly like Marbury, but maybe -- just maybe -- he can revive himself in D'Antoni's run-and-gun offense. The talent is obviously there, but is the commitment? Maybe Walsh and Mike D. believe it is. If so, he's a sound PG.

Old
06-26-2008, 08:00 PM
danno2530

I think the fact that it's a contract year will hover over everything with Steph. Combine that with the run-and-gun style and, if he stays healthy, he should have a good season.

Old
06-26-2008, 08:20 PM
TomLaidlaw

The one positive with Steph is his value as an expiring contract. In the current NBA a guy that is making 20 mill for 1 year opens up alot of trade avenues for you. With that said, I would rather the Knicks just let some of these contracts expire and then build a huge money bin for Lebron James to swim in, since I think he can opt out of his contract next year or the year after.

This Italian kid they just drafted looked like he was 7 years old, he had a real baby face.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:39 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
They need to tank it for 2 straight years, collect lottery picks and let those albatross contracts expire. Then offer Lebron enough money to live 100 lives. It is possible. That is the only way the Knicks will be good, contend for a championship and revive basketball in this town. Get under the cap. I don't want to hear anything about resigning Starbury or signing any more middle level free agent bums. That's it. Wait it out. Let us suck for real for 2 years and rebuild this garbage team from scratch. There may be a few players that can be rescued from this team, like Crawford and Lee and Renaldo Balkman, and that other kid they took late in the draft last year. But other than that, they are all overpaid bums.

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:10 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
They need to tank it for 2 straight years, collect lottery picks and let those albatross contracts expire. Then offer Lebron enough money to live 100 lives. It is possible. That is the only way the Knicks will be good, contend for a championship and revive basketball in this town. Get under the cap. I don't want to hear anything about resigning Starbury or signing any more middle level free agent bums. That's it. Wait it out. Let us suck for real for 2 years and rebuild this garbage team from scratch. There may be a few players that can be rescued from this team, like Crawford and Lee and Renaldo Balkman, and that other kid they took late in the draft last year. But other than that, they are all overpaid bums.
our 2010 pick is traded. The thing I like about this guy (Danilo G)is it looks like a good "character" guy. That is something that has been a HUGE problem with the Knicks.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 11:14 PM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
He needs to be... I mean 6th overall is pretty high in the draft, you know?

How many DOMINANT euro bballers are in the league now???

I dunno about this pickup. They could've traded down for him, more than likely....

I dont remember the NBA draft being only 2 rounds, but, I guess that makes sense... they have nowhere to put these guys, lol

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 03:27 AM
Better Call Saul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
He needs to be... I mean 6th overall is pretty high in the draft, you know?

How many DOMINANT euro bballers are in the league now???

I dunno about this pickup. They could've traded down for him, more than likely....

I dont remember the NBA draft being only 2 rounds, but, I guess that makes sense... they have nowhere to put these guys, lol
I don't ever foresee Gallinari becoming a dominant NBA player, but that's OK. I believe in Walsh, who said Gallinari will be a very good player who has the attitude to bring a roster together; the kid's a winner. I wanted Danilo going into the draft, and I'm very happy he's a Knick.

Old
06-27-2008, 10:17 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
Great, we drafted the Italian kid....... odds this pick works out?
Gotta say, I find it funny that the Irish Dolans have drafted Del Zotto & now Gallinari.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
The one positive with Steph is his value as an expiring contract. In the current NBA a guy that is making 20 mill for 1 year opens up alot of trade avenues for you. With that said, I would rather the Knicks just let some of these contracts expire and then build a huge money bin for Lebron James to swim in, since I think he can opt out of his contract next year or the year after.

This Italian kid they just drafted looked like he was 7 years old, he had a real baby face.
The Nets are setting themselves up nice to have plenty of money for Lebron when they open their new stadium.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Speedtrials

I think its fair to say this Knick team is a mess right now, and is going to take a few years to get straitened out. After listening to WFAN, I was surprised in how many Knicks fans don't realize that rebuilding a franchise is going to take more than one draft, other then getting a Lebron or Duncan. Outside of Rose, I don't think bringing in a point guard would have drastically changed the franchise, so I am fine with the pick. I just hope Walsh has a long-term plan, and has the patience to stick with it.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote