HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Development Camp

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
  #201
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Grachev is represented by Paul Theofanous.It's not surprising Grachev wants to play in the CHL next season considering Theo is his agent.His other two Ranger Russian clients,Fedor Tyutin and Artem Anisimov came over to NA early also.If Theo represented Cherepanov,he would be a Ranger next season.Book it.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 06:46 PM
  #202
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Wing, why not?
Really we can use him them. I saw the short video of him at camp and he looked solid. Grachev looked very good too I thought

If anything, we can send him back. All depends on who we sign I guess

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:08 PM
  #203
Unk
 
Unk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In A Better Place
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
So I'm guessing its possible Anisimov gets a mid-season call-up sometime this upcoming season or maybe makes the team next season?

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 07:51 PM
  #204
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Grachev is represented by Paul Theofanous.It's not surprising Grachev wants to play in the CHL next season considering Theo is his agent.His other two Ranger Russian clients,Fedor Tyutin and Artem Anisimov came over to NA early also.If Theo represented Cherepanov,he would be a Ranger next season.Book it.
But he doesn't (represent him) and Cherepanov has a contract for next season, so he won't (play in North America).

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:40 PM
  #205
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
But he doesn't (represent him) and Cherepanov has a contract for next season, so he won't (play in North America).
The agent plays a big role.Theo gets his clients to NA.He has many contacts with the Russian hockey federation.Somehow and someway,Theo would have tried to get Cherepanov away from Omsk.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:50 PM
  #206
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The agent plays a big role.Theo gets his clients to NA.He has many contacts with the Russian hockey federation.Somehow and someway,Theo would have tried to get Cherepanov away from Omsk.
And if my dog was a cat, she'd have kittens. The contract in question was already signed when the Rangers drafted him and I'm sure they were aware of it.

Bottom line, Cherepanov has to honor his contract and won't be playing in North America this year.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 08:57 PM
  #207
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
And if my dog was a cat, she'd have kittens. The contract in question was already signed when the Rangers drafted him and I'm sure they were aware of it.

Bottom line, Cherepanov has to honor his contract and won't be playing in North America this year.
And that is fine.

So the following season he comes into camp more developed.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 09:02 PM
  #208
Brooklyn Ranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brooklyn, of course
Posts: 7,924
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
And that is fine.

So the following season he comes into camp more developed.
Yep, that's the situation.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2008, 11:33 PM
  #209
rangerfan_79
Registered User
 
rangerfan_79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 541
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Two guys that will be battling for a roster spot in camp is Anisimov and Sanguinetti. AA has a better shot to start the season on the pro squad but Sanguinetti is probably the first D call up depending on who we sign in the UFA market and injuries that develop.

For the guys that say Sanguinetti is 2 years away...you haven't watched or talked to someone that watched him play.

Del Zotto is turning heads in the ranger camp. This guy should have been drafted higher. They say his defensive play is suspect but that seems to be way over blown. In a defensively heavy draft this guy ranks number 5 out of the defensemen chosen IMO.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:18 AM
  #210
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,595
vCash: 500
i think the rangers want anisimov to dominate in the AHL first....IMO he will be back there for a full year

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 01:14 AM
  #211
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
i think the rangers want anisimov to dominate in the AHL first....IMO he will be back there for a full year
see, usually i would agree with you, but they promoted Dubinsky after a year in which he was very good, but hardly dominating.

Im banking on it being a similar road to the NHL with AA, but I suppose we will see.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 01:25 AM
  #212
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
see, usually i would agree with you, but they promoted Dubinsky after a year in which he was very good, but hardly dominating.

Im banking on it being a similar road to the NHL with AA, but I suppose we will see.

IMO Dubi got very lucky that we had a center spot open...so was given the chance and ran with it (good for him)...


But right now we have zero center spots open...Dubi, Gomez, Drury...and we don want AA on the 4th line because he will get 6 minutes of icetime with Orr....

I think AA will be in the AHL this season unless we get an injury from the centers.....

AA will be a great player in the AHL this season...and halfway through....the Rangers staff will be looking for any opportunity to call him up.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 01:37 AM
  #213
Unk
 
Unk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: In A Better Place
Country: Liechtenstein
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
IMO Dubi got very lucky that we had a center spot open...so was given the chance and ran with it (good for him)...


But right now we have zero center spots open...Dubi, Gomez, Drury...and we don want AA on the 4th line because he will get 6 minutes of icetime with Orr....

I think AA will be in the AHL this season unless we get an injury from the centers.....

AA will be a great player in the AHL this season...and halfway through....the Rangers staff will be looking for any opportunity to call him up.
Well, I think maybe even a winger injury might be enough to get him a call-up. If some winger gets injured, Drury could be temporarily moved to wing, but then we need a center, who could be AA. Of course I guess that depends on if Korpikoski is gonna be a permanent addition.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 01:57 AM
  #214
quebec
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 66
vCash: 500
free agents

does anyone know how d-man joe ryan is doing in camp.

quebec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:30 AM
  #215
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerfan_79 View Post
Two guys that will be battling for a roster spot in camp is Anisimov and Sanguinetti. AA has a better shot to start the season on the pro squad but Sanguinetti is probably the first D call up depending on who we sign in the UFA market and injuries that develop.

For the guys that say Sanguinetti is 2 years away...you haven't watched or talked to someone that watched him play.
I saw all but 1 of his 11 games in Hartford at the end of this season, two of them live and the rest online. And while I'm not about to put a timeline on his arrival in the NHL in terms of years (anyone who does is just guessing) I will say that, barring a miraculous improvement over the offseason, he will not seriously challenge for a spot out of camp this year. He has a ways to go before he becomes a solid AHL defenseman, nevermind the NHL.

As it stands now, and depending on free agent signings, the first call up in the even of injuries next season will be Potter or (god forbid) Pock.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:43 AM
  #216
NJrocket24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
I saw all but 1 of his 11 games in Hartford at the end of this season, two of them live and the rest online. And while I'm not about to put a timeline on his arrival in the NHL in terms of years (anyone who does is just guessing) I will say that, barring a miraculous improvement over the offseason, he will not seriously challenge for a spot out of camp this year. He has a ways to go before he becomes a solid AHL defenseman, nevermind the NHL.

As it stands now, and depending on free agent signings, the first call up in the even of injuries next season will be Potter or (god forbid) Pock.
Sangs had 70 points, 41 assists and was only +10 in the OHL. He moved up to the wolf pack for 5 games and had 0 points and was -4. That says right there his defensive game is not solid in the OHL let alone the AHL. Lets see the kid develop a little more all around game before we hand dub him the new Brian Leetch.

I like him, but he is a project barring a big jump in his development over the summer.

NJrocket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:45 AM
  #217
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,900
vCash: 500
I think he scores a lot on the PP, so his +/- isn't going to be amazing if that's the case...

At any rate, yes he'll need time. People saying he'll jump in are crazy, and if saying that comes back to bite me in the ass, at least that's not really a bad thing

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:48 AM
  #218
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Squish, doesn't Pock have to clear waivers?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:49 AM
  #219
NYR Viper
Moderator
 
NYR Viper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: PA
Country: United States
Posts: 28,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
see, usually i would agree with you, but they promoted Dubinsky after a year in which he was very good, but hardly dominating.

Im banking on it being a similar road to the NHL with AA, but I suppose we will see.
see the reasoning behind it for me is that he isnt the same type of player as dubinsky.....dubinsky would be an ideal 3rd liner right now with his snarl and grit and he is 2 years older(i believe) than anisimov....he was 20 when he reached the nhl and 21 later on in the season....i could be wrong but i think anisimov wont reach 21 this season

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:57 AM
  #220
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Squish, doesn't Pock have to clear waivers?
Yeah, but I don't think they'll be particularly concerned about losing him.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 11:11 AM
  #221
BDubinskyNYR17*
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: New York
Posts: 10,761
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Yeah, but I don't think they'll be particularly concerned about losing him.
but that is only during the season not preseason i think. if he makes the team out of camp i dont think he has to go through waivers.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 11:19 AM
  #222
squishy
Registered User
 
squishy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
but that is only during the season not preseason i think. if he makes the team out of camp i dont think he has to go through waivers.
The conversation was about who would be "the first call up in the event of injuries next season".

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
  #223
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJrocket24 View Post
Sangs had 70 points, 41 assists and was only +10 in the OHL. He moved up to the wolf pack for 5 games and had 0 points and was -4. That says right there his defensive game is not solid in the OHL let alone the AHL. Lets see the kid develop a little more all around game before we hand dub him the new Brian Leetch.

I like him, but he is a project barring a big jump in his development over the summer.
If youre going by +/- Malik and Rozsival are 2 of the best defensive defenseman of all time.

+/- is a stat that should always be taken with a grain of salt, especially if the player is a power play producer.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 01:00 PM
  #224
NJrocket24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: NJ
Country: Ireland
Posts: 286
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
If youre going by +/- Malik and Rozsival are 2 of the best defensive defenseman of all time.

+/- is a stat that should always be taken with a grain of salt, especially if the player is a power play producer.
And we do take it with a grain of salt, but when you combine it with what is known from watching him, you can paint an accurate picture. You can't use it all by itself, but combine it with everything else and you can deduce that his defensive play is still very suspect.

NJrocket24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 01:24 PM
  #225
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 15,193
vCash: 500
Honestly, with Sanguinetti and Del Zotto, you shouldn't EVER be expecting defensemen like them to be defensive dynamos.

They were not drafted, and are not a big part of our organization's future to be that, either.

They are dynamic offensive players on the back end, and you pair them with steady, stay at home guys. To allow them the confidence to take chances and be the players they are. you can't fit a square block in a round hole. Stop expecting them to be shut down guys.

There are plenty of players through out the history of the NHL like that, that are/were successful at what they did.


People need to realize this.

The defensive part of their game WILL improve over time. You can not, however, teach a player to possess the offensive prowess that they do.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.