HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dubinsky....

Old
06-27-2008, 06:38 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

vCash: 500
Dubinsky....

Here's a question that comes entirely in an 'IF' situation....

if Jagr does indeed not return to the Rangers, what do you think happens to Dubinsky's game?

Did Dubinsky make Jagr better, or Jagr make Dubinsky better? Hard to tell, and maybe they both made each other better....

But the question is - Will Dubinsky trail off if Jagr does not return to the Rangers next season?

I'm going to go ahead and say that he won't necessarily slow down but depending on his line mates he most likely will not put up points he probably could with Jagr.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 06:45 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Dubinsky will be fine. The kid's a self-starter. He played well without Jagr, it's just that playing with Jagr accelerated his development. Anyone who thinks Dubinsky was just a product of Jagr didn't really watch the kid closely. He was better than anyone on this team not named Gomez of transitioning the puck from the defensive zone to the offensive zone. He used his size effectively. I think he has at least two more levels of development to go through. He's already shown a willingness to be a leader. I will continue to maintain that, when all is said and done, he will be this team's version of Rod Brind'Amour. He might not be the most skilled center in the lineup, but he very well may be the important one.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 06:49 AM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
He needs to be 3rd line center and develop some chemistry with other players he'll be playing with for the long term.

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 07:25 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Dubinsky will be fine. The kid's a self-starter. He played well without Jagr, it's just that playing with Jagr accelerated his development. Anyone who thinks Dubinsky was just a product of Jagr didn't really watch the kid closely. He was better than anyone on this team not named Gomez of transitioning the puck from the defensive zone to the offensive zone. He used his size effectively. I think he has at least two more levels of development to go through. He's already shown a willingness to be a leader. I will continue to maintain that, when all is said and done, he will be this team's version of Rod Brind'Amour. He might not be the most skilled center in the lineup, but he very well may be the important one.
Excellent points, and I can only hope he is our Rod Brindamour in the long run.

Realistic expectations coming into this season were an easy 50 points for Brandon after coming through so nicely in the second half of the season...

Can you put a definite on 20 goals and 50 points for Dubinsky, without Jagr? Probably not so much.... but I still think he has a good chance of doing just that.

Old
06-27-2008, 09:30 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by DruMez View Post
He needs to be 3rd line center and develop some chemistry with other players he'll be playing with for the long term.
I agree and I do not think that will be a problem since alot of the 3rd liners can be Hartford guys he has already played with

I am fine with Prucha, Dubinsky, Callahan and letting it run

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:34 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I agree and I do not think that will be a problem since alot of the 3rd liners can be Hartford guys he has already played with

Prucha and Callahan do not belong on the same line. I hated the fact that they always were last season. They are too similar in the way they play offensively.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:52 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I doubt we'll see an increase in his production if Jagr leaves. Not so much because Dubi relies on Jagr to produce, but if Jagr leaves, Gomez gets bumped to the first line, Drury the second and that leaves Dubi on the third.

I really don't know what we're going to do with all of these centers in the long run. Gomez, Drury, Dubi, Betts, Anisimov and now Grachev. I can certainly see one of them being moved to the wing, most likely Grachev or Anisimov, but I think Gomez and Drury will be locked in at center, that leaves 3 centers competing for one spot in the lineup.

I think Anisimov has the better upside, so unless they're planning on moving Dubi to a power-forward winger role, I think he'll be moved at some point unfortunately.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:14 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 910
Awards:
Quote:

I love Cally and have always had a soft spot for Prucha, but they really shouldn't be on the same line.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:14 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

I can see Drury moving to wing with Gomez. Dubinsky as another center. Then Anisimov centering Cherepanov and Grachev. Then take your pick on who will be 4th line center.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Blueshirt Brawler

Dubinsky played great down the stretch in 2006-07 with the Wolfpack when he was playing on a line with Dawes and Callahan. I think the Rangers should re-visit that this upcoming season. I think he'll be fine. Sure his development was helped playing with Jagr but I don't think he takes a step back because Jagr will not be here. He'll continue to grow into a good two way player with an edge. We have a stud on our hands for sure and we should hold onto him for as long as possible.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:52 AM
NYR Viper

IMO we would see about the same amount of points as last year from him this year as it took him about half the season anyways until he started to put up points.....

also, IMO drury will be moved to wing if anisimov is ready)which i think is another full year) because he is the most natural goal scorer of the 4

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:54 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

With the praise that Anisimov is getting by Renney and the coaching staff, i think that where Dubinsky falls into the lineup depends on what happens with Anisimov.

Here is what i mean by that:

If Anisimov makes the club out of camp, he will —or should— be the third line center. IMO, pushing Drury up to the top line as one of Gomez's wings, OR, playing the wing on Anisimov's line. Allowing Drury to take important faceoffs in key game situations.

Allowing Dubinsky to slot right into the second line center spot.

Drury - Gomez - x
Dawes - Dubinsky - x
Callahan - Anisimov - Korpikoski

OR

x - Gomez - x
Dawes - Dubinsky - x
Drury - Anisimov - Korpikoski
x - Betts - Callahan

…something similar to that.

If Anisimov does not makethe club out of camp, Dubisnky may wind up being the third line center. IMO, that would be making him take a step back in his development. He would get less ice time, and lesser offensively gifted wingers.

IMO, he has developed too far last year to be given a less responsible role. He is a top 6 forward, and should be in that role next year.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post

also, IMO drury will be moved to wing if anisimov is ready)which i think is another full year) because he is the most natural goal scorer of the 4
I don't know, didn't Drury pick it up when he was moved back to center in the second half of the season? I'm not so sure he's going to be at his best on the wing?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Loto68

Personally, I think Dubi played some of his best hockey when he was with Dawes and Prucha. That line had the best production based on TOI in the league when it was together.

Loto68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:07 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
We all love Dubinsky, but anyone who thinks he's ready to be 1st-line centre without Jagr is kidding themselves. No Jagr means less ice-time for Dubinsky, which will probably mean fewer points.

If the Rangers decide to put him on a line with Dawes and Callahan or Dawes and Prucha then that's guaranteed to be a 3rd line. Personally, I don't like either line for the NHL because of the defensive liability on a lower line.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:10 PM
MikeyLikesHockey

Dubi....

Smokin that Dubi....

Hopefully Jagr & Shanny don't come back next season.

I hate to say it but they are stopping the development of the team as a whole.

Gomez goes to the first line with Drury on the wing. With a young right winger to play with tem. Prucha, or Callahan.

Second line get Dubinsky, and Prucha or Callahan, and Dawes.

3rd and 4th lines will be reserved to play the youngins from the ahl.

Korpedo , Anisimov, Byers and so on.

Sather is smart, he orchestrated one of the greatest dynasties of the nhl. Its coming again. It took him 5 years to put edmonton together and he's doing the same now. Our system is full of almost nhl ready players, and from what I hear, they are ready to get some real time with the big club.

We will probably sign a few players in UFA to fill in holes, but no big splashes. This is Dru and Gomez's team now, get rid of the old timers and let em play

MikeyLikesHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:13 PM
rangers5

Friday afternoon thinking at my desk but could this work assuming we have 21 mill available in cap space?

Malone – 4.5
Rolston – 4
Campbell – 6
Orpik – 4

Which is 18.5.

Malone-Gomez-Dawes
Drury-Dubinky-Rolston
Korp-Ani-Callahan
Sjo-Betts-Orr/Byers/etc.

Campbell Staal
Girardi Tyutin
Orpik Backman

rangers5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:17 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
We all love Dubinsky, but anyone who thinks he's ready to be 1st-line centre without Jagr is kidding themselves. No Jagr means less ice-time for Dubinsky, which will probably mean fewer points.

If the Rangers decide to put him on a line with Dawes and Callahan or Dawes and Prucha then that's guaranteed to be a 3rd line. Personally, I don't like either line for the NHL because of the defensive liability on a lower line.
dawes dubinsky callahan played well when they had time together, and they also played at times on the PP. id like to see this line next season if jagr is gone.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post

Without Jagr he's not a first line center. And he shouldn't be. Fortunately, with Drury and Gomez the Rangers wouldn't need him to be.

Dubinsky could still get PP time.

06-27-2008, 12:21 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
dawes dubinsky callahan played well when they had time together, and they also played at times on the PP. id like to see this line next season if jagr is gone.
If you are going to have a Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan line that means you need to find 4 top two wingers. Not sure where that's coming from.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:22 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers5 View Post
Friday afternoon thinking at my desk but could this work assuming we have 21 mill available in cap space?

Malone – 4.5
Rolston – 4
Campbell – 6
Orpik – 4

Which is 18.5.

Malone-Gomez-Dawes
Drury-Dubinky-Rolston
Korp-Ani-Callahan
Sjo-Betts-Orr/Byers/etc.

Campbell Staal
Girardi Tyutin
Orpik Backman
I'd switch Dawes and Rolston. Dawes is NOT ready to accept a first line role.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
If you are going to have a Dawes-Dubinsky-Callahan line that means you need to find 4 top two wingers. Not sure where that's coming from.
Not only that but the defensive game of said line would be mediocre. Dubinsky's not a good backchecker, and Dawes... forget about it.

Old
06-27-2008, 12:36 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Staal View Post
Not only that but the defensive game of said line would be mediocre. Dubinsky's not a good backchecker, and Dawes... forget about it.
I am thinking that a Jamtin ,Dubinsky,Callahan line may cause ALOT of problems for other teams

All 3 play real hard and with some grit

Almost positive Jagr is gone and they will make a BIG move on Sundin and Huselius on the first line to team with Drury AND Malone on the Gomez line with Dawes

I would REALLY like those moves upfront

Old
06-27-2008, 03:59 PM
SouvenirCity

Quote:
I am thinking that a Jamtin ,Dubinsky,Callahan line may cause ALOT of problems for other teams

All 3 play real hard and with some grit

Almost positive Jagr is gone and they will make a BIG move on Sundin and Huselius on the first line to team with Drury AND Malone on the Gomez line with Dawes

I would REALLY like those moves upfront
I think Jamtin would probably go to Hartford first

Maybe a Parentau - Dubinsky - Callahan line?

SouvenirCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 04:11 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouvenirCity View Post
I think Jamtin would probably go to Hartford first

Maybe a Parentau - Dubinsky - Callahan line?
Maybe but he's 25 and played alot in Europe........we will see but he is likely ready to make the jump........AND they need a guy that is annoying like him if Avery goes which is likely now