HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Notices

Question

Closed Thread

Old
06-01-2004, 08:47 PM
CROMAG

vCash: 500
Question

Does anyone know which, if any 2002 draft picks were signed by the Blues? In particular, I am curious about D.J. King. Thanks in advance.

Old
06-02-2004, 09:11 AM
degroat*

Normally the Blues are good about reporting signings, so at this point I fear that King is a free agent. Part of me wants to be pissed at the Blues, but at the same time the system gives CHL prospects that are too old to reenter the draft too much power. Hopefully that gets taken care of in the new CBA.

Old
06-02-2004, 10:59 AM
CROMAG

Thanks for the info. So, even if the Blues didn't sign him he is too old to re-enter the draft?

Old
06-02-2004, 04:11 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CROMAG
Does anyone know which, if any 2002 draft picks were signed by the Blues? In particular, I am curious about D.J. King. Thanks in advance.
On another site that I go to that deals primarily with the scraps, they say that DJ is one of the tougher kids in the WHL and he can play a bit too they say. Also last year after camp Kelly Chase couldnt say enough good things about the kid, he called him the most improved player in the camp from the previous year. Also if I remember correctly he did very well in a pre-season scrap with John Erskine of the Stars.

Old
06-02-2004, 05:23 PM
degroat*

Sorry... what I said was wrong... or at least what I insinuated was wrong.

Apparently a player, King in this instance, would have had to turn 20 before January 1st to become a free agent. With a January 27th birthday, he missed the cut and if he wasn't signed he'll be reentering the draft.

Something that I realized while checking into this stuff... King had a horrible year production-wise. He went from 32 points in 55 games two seasons ago to 23 points in 35 games last season to 7 points in 28 games this past year (though, he did have a decent playoff run with 7 points in 17 games). Based on the games played, it appears he has had two injury filled years also.

So, I guess it's not entirely possible that the Blues didn't even offer him a contract.

Old
06-02-2004, 06:39 PM
Prussian_Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stich
Something that I realized while checking into this stuff... King had a horrible year production-wise. He went from 32 points in 55 games two seasons ago to 23 points in 35 games last season to 7 points in 28 games this past year (though, he did have a decent playoff run with 7 points in 17 games). Based on the games played, it appears he has had two injury filled years also.

So, I guess it's not entirely possible that the Blues didn't even offer him a contract.
King had 30 points in 63 games this year.

He played half the year in Lethbridge, and then was traded to Kelowna in, I believe, January. He scored 23 points in 35 games with Lethbridge, then got moved to a stronger Kelowna team, and probably didn't get as much quality ice time there with only 7 points in 28 games.

See THIS LINK for the full-year scoop on D.J.

B.

Old
06-02-2004, 07:26 PM
degroat*

Doh!

I always forget to look at the season on hockeydb.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:46 PM
CROMAG

Thanks for the info everyone. I am sorry to hear that St. Louis didn't sign him if that is the case. I really like D.J. I was disappointed the Lightning didn't draft him in 2002, but we did draft Darren Reid who has turned out to be a very pleasant surprise. D.J. supposedly had a very spirited fight against Jay Rosehill, another prospect for the Lightning at last years rookie tourney (I believe D.J. got the edge in the bout). If D.J. does indeed re-enter the draft I would love to see someone like the Lightning draft him. We are very low on picks this year though, so that is highly unlikely.

Old
06-03-2004, 02:33 PM
c-carp

From what I heard DJ bester fellow Blues draft pick Zach Fitzgerald in a very good bout last year in the WHL.

Also does anyone have any info on Justin Maiser.

Thanks

Closed Thread