HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Interesting aside from Dellapina's blog about Prucha

Old
06-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
petr pruchas success and failure has a direct correlation with his playing time, particularly on the PP. give him lots of minutes, and put him on the PP, and he will produce. dont play him, and he wont. its ridiculous the level of hate the kid has here.

Now dont get me wrong, if a move that could help the team is available i would move him, but i refuse to just give up on the kid and waive him or what have you. hes got value, he just needs to friggin play.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 01:39 AM
Unk

Even with Prucha's disappointing season, giving him another chance, especially on the powerplay, will fill one of the three holes in the top four wingers. He'll probably cost about one-half to one-third the price of any FA winger, giving the team a little more flexibility in filling those spots. It's probably just best to try and see if he can rebound.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 03:40 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
Or, his drop in power play production could have something to do with his drop power play time...

2005-2006: 3:49 min/game
2006-2007: 2:53 min/game
2007-2008: 1:38 min/game
If I recall, that's somewhat misleading. First of all, those averages went down because as both seasons progressed, he didn't make anything of the PP opportunities he got early in the season.

But there's another reason, as well.

As Jagr's production diminished, first somewhat from season 1-season 2, and then more significantly last season, the team's power play became less effective as well, or at times, re-structured and refocused, specifically on Shanahan.

When the team's power play struggled, they panicked, which meant taking Prucha's time away. But if they hadn't struggled in the first place, his chances wouldn't have been diminished.

I'll give him this much: in 06-07 he was grossly misused when on a line with Shanahan and Cullen. He had no chemistry with Shanny and not exactly much with Cullen, either. Only toward the end of the season, when Callahan played with them, did they become somewhat effective.

Again, I like the guy, but I have a lot of trouble convincing myself that wasn't a fluke. I hope I'm wrong.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:43 AM
Ola

I've defenitly not given up on Prucha. He was creating ALLOT early on last season, but hit a ton of posts and was just snake bitten. He had improved overall and played solid hockey.

From my perspective Prucha was on par with both Dawes and Callahan last season -- and Prucha can't possibly play any worse then he did. His confidence couldn't have been lower.

I really like the idea to give him a grant of confidence from the get go.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:31 AM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Both of them can say hello all they want to Pru...but unfortunately they are not Prucha.
Size isn't the issue here.

The difference betwwen Gionta-Kane and Prucha is that the first two have the ability to avoid the big hit while Prucha attracts them like a giant magnet.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 08:41 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
love prucha, he should be playing with gomez...
and of the guys we have left under contract, he's probably got the most goals as a ranger, which should earn him a shot on a serious scoring line...

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:44 AM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
he can CREATE offense rather than the 5-11 175 lbs prucha who can only score garbage goals......

http://youtube.com/watch?v=f8g6lwbH8lI

i see plenty of non-garbage goals...

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:10 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Have the Rangers not given up on him or does he have no trade value?
Maybe both. Lets see how he comes into camp.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:32 AM
The New Originals

Quote:
Originally Posted by chosen View Post

The difference betwwen Gionta-Kane and Prucha is that the first two have the ability to avoid the big hit while Prucha attracts them like a giant magnet.
That's not the only difference.

The New Originals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:41 AM
AJ1982

Send a message via AIM to AJ1982
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Im just going to say it.....Prucha's rookie season was a fluke. A complete fluke. He will never sniff 30 goals again.

Jagr MADE Prucha his rookie season. Without Jagr...Prucha is nothing.

Sorry...i've given up on Petr Puck. He is too weak for the NHL, 175 pounds is not cutting it. He gets knocked off the puck way too easily, and its also a matter of time till he gets seriously injured with one of those monster hits he takes every other game.

Flame away boys..but thats my opinion. Kid has heart..but it's not enough. He will put up another 10-13 goals this season...then Sather will give him the boot.
I think it is reasonable to question whether Prucha will hit 30 again. I admit, I thought after his rookie season that he could eventually be a high 20 goal scorer and hit 30 every few seasons, maybe more considering he hit 30 but had injuries which kept him under 70 games played. But, in 05-06 teams were just adjusting to the new rules. Playing with Jagr helped as well. And, of course, so did the fact he actually got playing time.

So, given the above and recent history (though 22 goals in 06-07 at 23 y/o, and limited playing time, was pretty good actually), I've moderated my expectations a bit. He may never be a 30 goal player again. But I still think Prucha can be a consistent 20 to 25 goal player, and get to 50 points.

Now, to say Prucha minus Jagr is nothing is giving Prucha zero credit. It is an abysmal little bit of talent evaluation honestly. That's as much flaming as you'll get, out of me at least.

Questions about durability given his playing style, and sometimes inability (or willingness to take a hit) to avoid a hit are legitimate. That does not make him a garbage player. On strength and balance, getting knocked off the puck, I think Prucha has improved somewhat. He can even make a pretty solid hit. Prucha will be 26 next season, nearly entering his prime. We'll see how next year unfolds, with us or with another team. IF he is given a few minutes of PP time a game and a second line role he can do well. I would not be surprised at 25 goals. And, honestly, that would not be terrible production from a second line player.

I just hope he can bounce back from last year and that his confidence isn't shot.

AJ1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:52 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:

Him not always keeping his head up causes that.

There are a couple of things he can fix, and if he does, he can be a solid NHL scorer.

1) keeping his head up.
2) increase core strength. Especially legs. Stronger legs means stronger balance means harder to knock off the puck.
3) if he does the above, adding weight is not as big an issue, but an extra 10 lbs couldn't hurt. As long as it doesn't slow him down.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 01:32 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
Him not always keeping his head up causes that.

There are a couple of things he can fix, and if he does, he can be a solid NHL scorer.

1) keeping his head up.
2) increase core strength. Especially legs. Stronger legs means stronger balance means harder to knock off the puck.
3) if he does the above, adding weight is not as big an issue, but an extra 10 lbs couldn't hurt. As long as it doesn't slow him down.
If he hasn't learned to keep his head up at his age he will never learn it.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 02:09 PM
boxcar
we want MOORE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unk View Post
Even with Prucha's disappointing season, giving him another chance, especially on the powerplay, will fill one of the three holes in the top four wingers. He'll probably cost about one-half to one-third the price of any FA winger, giving the team a little more flexibility in filling those spots. It's probably just best to try and see if he can rebound.
Amen to that. I'd rather see what happens after the UFA period & camp.
A few signings (jagr,sundin,rolston,malone,dupius) can change the picture.
Also, a WPack plyr or prospect in camp can change the landscape as well.
I haven't given up on Peter yet, matter of fact I'd like to see what he can do with a real shot again.

boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:44 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
If he hasn't learned to keep his head up at his age he will never learn it.
He's 25.

Not 35.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:24 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers3018 View Post
I'm just afraid if we give up on Prucha and trade him he'll become a consistent 25 goal scorer on that team. But I also don't like seeing him rot in the press box.
I think he has a good shot at it..........why does everyone want to give up on him anyways......in his first 2 full seasons he still managed a total of 60 plus goals

just give him a good line and PP time

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 08:20 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I think he has a good shot at it..........why does everyone want to give up on him anyways......in his first 2 full seasons he still managed a total of 60 plus goals

just give him a good line and PP time
Um, in THREE years he hasn't potted 60 regular season goals. His lone PO goal puts him at 60 for his career.

I think he's still worth the shot, but I think people have to start looking at his playing career as a whole, and stop focusing on that lone 30 goal season. The reality is, in his Rangers career, reg season and POs, he's averaging .27 goals per game. That's 22 goals, which I think will be on the high side for him.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote