HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Carcillo

Old
06-28-2008, 03:52 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traktor View Post
PHX fans might sign a player with a career high 13 goals to a 2.6 mill longterm contract but I believe phoenix management has a little more brain cells than that.
First of all Carcillo was a ROOKIE, secondly he isnt a goal scorer but more of a energy line pest, and thirdly his 13 goals were not scored in 82 games but were in 57 games. Stoll's second highest career goal total is 14 which was scored last year.. and hes qualified for 2.5Mish this year by Lowe.

what does that say about edmonton management who have signed Pisani <career high 18G> , Moreau <20> and Stoll <over 14 once> to 2M+ contracts.

We can say Cogliano's upside is Parise but whats the upside of a player who was on pace to score 18-20 goals and rake in 400PIMs.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Traktor*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_80 View Post
Well, there are ways of making your points and being a smart ass without making oneself look like a first class jerk.

That's it.
I guess I should be a wonderful humanitarian like yourself.

Anyone who believes the Yotes would match up to 4 mill for Carcillo deserves to be called out though.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 04:20 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Carcillo and Dustin Brown on one team would be murderous. haha make it happen Lowe. 300 PIM's and 300 hits. slaughter-fest 3000. if Carcillo got some of his moronic penalties out of the way so he could see more ice time the dude would destroy Avery's face as the best "agitator" who can play.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 04:21 PM
CorpseFX

vCash: 872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge Joni View Post
First of all Carcillo was a ROOKIE, secondly he isnt a goal scorer but more of a energy line pest
go ask Wayne what he thinks about him saying outright in an interview that he thinks he could score 30 one day (on his own website). youre the scout though, screw what Wayne says.

CorpseFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
BEWARE THE COYOTES. This team has potential to be scary good!!!!
I agree. If they can find a way to add Lidstrom, Pronger, Crosby and Ovechkin without losing any roster players, look out.

Oi'll say! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 05:56 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say! View Post
I agree. If they can find a way to add Lidstrom, Pronger, Crosby and Ovechkin without losing any roster players, look out.
No, it's only the Oilers who try to add players to their team without giving up any roster players.

The Coyotes are building from within. And in case if hadn't realized it, you don't necessarily need Lidstrom, Pronger, Crosby and Ovechkin to win. All you need is a TEAM that plays hard for each other. Superstars does not guarantee winning.

Both Carolina and Tampa Bay won the Stanley Cup without a so called King Pin on their blueline. And Carolina definitely did not have anyone with the skill of Crosby or Ovechkin. Eric Staal is not even close!!!

untouchable21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpseFX View Post
go ask Wayne what he thinks about him saying outright in an interview that he thinks he could score 30 one day (on his own website). youre the scout though, screw what Wayne says.
how does that hurt my argument? Carcillo scoring 30G would only strengthen my argument of PHO easily matching a 2.6M offer for him.

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:26 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Dream On Oilers fan!!!!! The Coyotes are not even close to being in the predicament the Ducks or the Sabres were last year. They match that offer without hesitation.

And no, trying to trade Stoll or Torres will not get it done either, but thanks for coming out!!!!!!!!!!

(Stoll and Torres seem to be the most often offered names from the Oilers posters)
i think the Jets will be contending for a playoff spot for sure this year....

TheBrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:27 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
That's it, nothing more to it.

Are you going to match 2,640,000 for Carcillo? Of course not

So yes, if Edmonton wants to all they have to do is sign Carcillo to an OF and give up a 2nd round pick. Thanks for coming out though.
Of course we would. Thanks for being so confident despite your obvious ignorance, though.

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:30 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
PHX fans might sign a player with a career high 13 goals to a 2.6 mill longterm contract but I believe phoenix management has a little more brain cells than that.
I find this post a little ironic...

rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:42 PM
Traktor*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Of course we would. Thanks for being so confident despite your obvious ignorance, though.
Let's make a bet.

Loser retires from HF.

Traktor* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Julio18

Carcillo is a grade "a" pest. I remember at the beginning of last season he had got up in Roli's grill and tugged at his mask in the first 5 min. of the game (no penalty). In addition he made about 6 solid checks in the same amount of time.

If he can tone it down from a "10" to a "6" in the fighting department he could play 95% of the games in a season. The guy sprained his knee and Gretzky had to send him down because his first game he promptly racked up 25 min. in the box. The guy is a monster.

However, Carcillo isn't that big of a guy and his body will break down quickly if he doesn't turn the volume down - much like Avery and Tucker. Regardless, I would love to see a guy like that in Oiler silks with Buchy chirping in his ear. We could regain some of our long forgotten grit and open up some more ice for all our play makers.

Maybe we could put Torres on Carcillo's diet.

Julio18 is offline   Reply With Quote