HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Development Camp

Old
06-27-2008, 01:53 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
The conversation was about who would be "the first call up in the event of injuries next season".
i know but ya know to save cap space i wont be surprised if pock makes the team out of camp and backman goes to hartford if his game dont improve

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 01:55 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
IMO Dubi got very lucky that we had a center spot open...so was given the chance and ran with it (good for him)...

But right now we have zero center spots open...Dubi, Gomez, Drury...and we don want AA on the 4th line because he will get 6 minutes of icetime with Orr....

I think AA will be in the AHL this season unless we get an injury from the centers.....

AA will be a great player in the AHL this season...and halfway through....the Rangers staff will be looking for any opportunity to call him up.
I'd agree with that. I expect that Anisimov starts the season in Hartford, hopefully plays better than he did last year, so by the time December or January rolls around, the first injury that happens, they can call him up and see if he's ready.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:01 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Zipay had a live chat today on his blog...didnt know about it but I just read the transcript...he was VERY impressed with Grachev and brought him up a few times...calling him a steal.

Here's one line:

Quote:
Grachev looks like a steal and Renney likes the improvement in Anisimov. Grachev bulled around somebody today, forgot who, and ripped a shot for a goal; again, this was a scrimmage with not much D. But even Dave Maloney was nodding his head in approval.

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/blog/

Last edited by FLYLine24: 06-27-2008 at 09:13 PM.
FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:06 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Zippy had a live chat today on his blog...didnt know about it but I just read the transcript...he was VERY impressed with Grachev and brought him up a few times...calling him a steal.

Here's one line:
If you watch the video of him at NYR.com...just wow...skating issues?...I didn't see any...and his stickhandling ability...again...WOW!

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:10 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
If you watch the video of him at NYR.com...just wow...skating issues?...I didn't see any...and his stickhandling ability...again...WOW!
Where did Zipay say anything about skating issues? I skimmed through it again and couldnt find that.

Old
06-27-2008, 09:12 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Where did Zippy say anything about skating issues? I skimmed through it again and couldnt find that.
Not Zipay...that was one of the knocks on Grachev...but, if you watch him going through the drills, he looks ridiculously smooth for someone of his size, and with "supposed" skating issues.

Old
06-27-2008, 09:17 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Not Zipay...that was one of the knocks on Grachev...but, if you watch him going through the drills, he looks ridiculously smooth for someone of his size, and with "supposed" skating issues.
Just watched the video. he did look like a good skater with good hands...

The one thing that stood out..he is a damn hard worker and the kid is huge!. Match that with his skill and we could really be in for a treat. I still can't believe he fell to 75...

Hope he gets good ice time in the OHL next season...the kid is going to put up a ton of points.

Old
06-27-2008, 09:20 PM
NYR Viper

i dont think the knock on uim was his top speed or his stride....moreso his acceleration which is understandable as hsi legs probably have to catch up to the size of his body after he grew....he will be fine

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 09:21 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

The one thing that stood out..he is a damn hard worker and the kid is huge!. Match that with his skill and we could really be in for a treat. I still can't believe he fell to 75...

Hope he gets good ice time in the OHL next season...the kid is going to put up a ton of points.
I think that, like AA, Grachev was a victim of the lack of a transfer agreement.

Old
06-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Unk

I wonder if some of those perceived skating issues might be because he's played on the bigger European ice surface. Doesn't that tend to make prospects seem slower, and maybe worse on acceleration? Anyway, it seems Evgeny's seem to do well in the NHL, so maybe we'll see a bear rip up the OHL.

Unk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 10:53 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
I think that, like AA, Grachev was a victim of the lack of a transfer agreement.
Actually, it may be the other way around. Grachev doesn't have a contract in Russia, so the lack of a transfer agreement is moot. More likely he fell (if at all) because he's just not as well known.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 11:00 PM
squishy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
Actually, it may be the other way around. Grachev doesn't have a contract in Russia, so the lack of a transfer agreement is moot. More likely he fell (if at all) because he's just not as well known.
He has a contract. Yaroslavl let him go, same as they did with Anisimov.

squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by squishy View Post
He has a contract. Yaroslavl let him go, same as they did with Anisimov.
Didn't see that, but it just reinforces what I suspect--Russia's a big country and the less buzz about a player the more likely they are to be overlooked, especially if your current team isn't going to fight to keep you.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:07 AM
NorthlandPro

Quote:

The hockey world is loaded with good old boys and once the word spreads that "its going to be hard to get russians out", "russians are now going to be staying home" most teams do not have the budget to spend scouting players where there maybe issues outside of their hockey skills. That is one reason why our last 3 top russian prospects are ours. We can pay the money to scout, we can pay the money to get them here. All 3 from what I have seen should have all been 1st round picks. That we got one much later in the 1st round, one in the 2nd and the last in the 3rd underscores the hockey mentality and explains why they are ours.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 09:44 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthlandPro View Post
The hockey world is loaded with good old boys and once the word spreads that "its going to be hard to get russians out", "russians are now going to be staying home" most teams do not have the budget to spend scouting players where there maybe issues outside of their hockey skills. That is one reason why our last 3 top russian prospects are ours. We can pay the money to scout, we can pay the money to get them here. All 3 from what I have seen should have all been 1st round picks. That we got one much later in the 1st round, one in the 2nd and the last in the 3rd underscores the hockey mentality and explains why they are ours.
Here's to being a big market team with deep pockets

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
One of the rules of the KHL is that teams can only have one player under 20, so that could be another reason why Jaroslavl let him go.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:07 AM
wingmanpei

How is Chris Doyle doing at the development camp?

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Avy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
One of the rules of the KHL is that teams can only have one player under 20, so that could be another reason why Jaroslavl let him go.
Its opposed, teams must have at least 2 under 20 players in roaster.

Avy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:54 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
How is Chris Doyle doing at the development camp?
He's at the camp wingmanpei but we haven't heard anything about him nor have they made a video of him like several others. It's not surprising--just drafted I expect he's further behind than a lot of the others. He'll surely be back with you guys next year and hopefully he continues to develop. He looks intriguing to me.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 06:57 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avy View Post
Its opposed, teams must have at least 2 under 20 players in roaster.
Well that makes a lot more sense! It's been reported in NA the way I wrote it. Thanks, Avy!

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 07:07 PM
wingmanpei

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
He's at the camp wingmanpei but we haven't heard anything about him nor have they made a video of him like several others. It's not surprising--just drafted I expect he's further behind than a lot of the others. He'll surely be back with you guys next year and hopefully he continues to develop. He looks intriguing to me.
He'll definitely be back in junior this season, wasn't expecting him to make it. Just curious if he was holding his own in the drills or if he was doing anything that was making him noticeable, etc that kind of thing.

wingmanpei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 02:28 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingmanpei View Post
He'll definitely be back in junior this season, wasn't expecting him to make it. Just curious if he was holding his own in the drills or if he was doing anything that was making him noticeable, etc that kind of thing.
I ran into this today wingmanpei

http://theprospectpark.blogspot.com/...d-antoine.html

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Edge

Personally, I'm interested in Joey Ryan.

He's a defensive minded kid who had a tough streak but who seemed to take some serious steps back last season.

Still he always had a rep as a hard worker a good listener and a kid who could be paired with an offensive defenseman and help hold down the fort.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:44 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Personally, I'm interested in Joey Ryan.

He's a defensive minded kid who had a tough streak but who seemed to take some serious steps back last season.

Still he always had a rep as a hard worker a good listener and a kid who could be paired with an offensive defenseman and help hold down the fort.
Certainly sounds like the kind of kid we should be taking a flier on. I much prefer taking shots like this than multiple Lessards and Browns.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote