HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Could MTL make a big steal during summer?

Closed Thread

Old
06-02-2004, 07:27 PM
RichardZednik#20

vCash: 500
Could MTL make a big steal during summer?

Scott Barney is a groupe VI this summer. So he is an UFA. He played with LAK this season and in the AHL. He scored 5G, 6A for 11PTS in only 19GP with LA. He plays center, shoots right, 6'4'' 210lbs, good hands, physsical, good skater. Here is what HF'a has to say about him:

Talent Analysis

Barney has prototype size and is an NHL coach's dream- a big guy who is not afraid to crash the net. Even in Andy Murray's system Barney has the tools to prosper. He is sound on both ends of the ice and has shown a leadership quality that he was knocked for early in his career. He has great hands, skates well and has an edge on the ice. These tools point to a career in the NHL even if his scoring peters out like many other Kings prospects. A big, physical centerman who skates well seems to always have a place in the NHL

Looks good to me. Only problem I see is his FO skills; 1W 6L for 14%. But at worst we put him on RW and Lappy(we will sign him )on center.

I would offer him a 1.6mil$ for 2 years contract(1way), I know, I know big risk but...

Any agree?

Old
06-02-2004, 07:37 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardZednik#20
Scott Barney is a groupe VI this summer. So he is an UFA. He played with LAK this season and in the AHL. He scored 5G, 6A for 11PTS in only 19GP with LA. He plays center, shoots right, 6'4'' 210lbs, good hands, physsical, good skater. Here is what HF'a has to say about him:

Talent Analysis

Barney has prototype size and is an NHL coach's dream- a big guy who is not afraid to crash the net. Even in Andy Murray's system Barney has the tools to prosper. He is sound on both ends of the ice and has shown a leadership quality that he was knocked for early in his career. He has great hands, skates well and has an edge on the ice. These tools point to a career in the NHL even if his scoring peters out like many other Kings prospects. A big, physical centerman who skates well seems to always have a place in the NHL

Looks good to me. Only problem I see is his FO skills; 1W 6L for 14%. But at worst we put him on RW and Lappy(we will sign him )on center.

I would offer him a 1.6mil$ for 2 years contract(1way), I know, I know big risk but...

Any agree?
Nice find Zed: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=385

Email Bo!

Old
06-02-2004, 07:50 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves

Jesse Wallin might not be bad either.

Old
06-02-2004, 08:21 PM
Des Louise
Formerly E=CH2

What makes you become a group VI FA ? I know for group III and V but what about group VI ?

Old
06-02-2004, 08:34 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Barney's back chronic injury spells trouble for his long term career. I also know he likes the wing better where he feels more comfortable.

But beyond that, I don't see LA letting him walk away, nor do I see Barney wanting to go elsewhere. LA have invested so much time, money and energy in him and Barney owes them a lot too and he said in an interview he wanted to stay in LA for that even though he received offers from other teams (when he came back from rehab that is).

Old
06-02-2004, 11:43 PM
Traitor8

1997 2nd rounder...so he is 25 yrs old now???

Too old to be a prospect IMO...Pierre Dagenais with better skills? but injury prone.. no thanks.

Old
06-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

Too old to be a prospect IMO...Pierre Dagenais with better skills? but injury prone.. no thanks.
I agree, he has had tremendous injury problems throughout his career. Although he did play well when he was in the Kings lineup this season. But IMO, he is not worth the risk.

Old
06-03-2004, 01:09 PM
KILLger

Send a message via ICQ to KILLger Send a message via MSN to KILLger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

He's Pierre Dagenais with skating, work ethic and grit.

It sure would be a good thing to get him but he won't sign elsewhere IMO. He was supposed to be GREAT comming out of juniors. The only thing that held him back is his back... which seems to be ok. (according to the no of games played this year [63])

Noticed that he hasn't played for a bunch of years and still come up to play good this year? The guy's skilled.

Old
06-03-2004, 02:18 PM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Barney's back chronic injury spells trouble for his long term career. I also know he likes the wing better where he feels more comfortable.

But beyond that, I don't see LA letting him walk away, nor do I see Barney wanting to go elsewhere. LA have invested so much time, money and energy in him and Barney owes them a lot too and he said in an interview he wanted to stay in LA for that even though he received offers from other teams (when he came back from rehab that is).
Exxactly! (I'm beginning to wonder if some insidious cloning company, like in that bad Schwarzenegger movie, haven't cloned me (or am I the clone?)) in the form of Munchausen, his thoughts are so identical to mine sometimes!

At any rate, after the Kings stood by Barney for years with all of his health problems, he will stay loyal to them, and they won't give up on their investment now after going through all that. He's an interesting guy to think about, but alas, the reality is that he's probably not available.

Old
06-03-2004, 06:29 PM
tinyzombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien
Exxactly! (I'm beginning to wonder if some insidious cloning company, like in that bad Schwarzenegger movie, haven't cloned me (or am I the clone?)) in the form of Munchausen, his thoughts are so identical to mine sometimes!

At any rate, after the Kings stood by Barney for years with all of his health problems, he will stay loyal to them, and they won't give up on their investment now after going through all that. He's an interesting guy to think about, but alas, the reality is that he's probably not available.
If he's really this good, you just have to pay him and he'll come here.

Closed Thread