HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official prospect camp thread

Old
06-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Brisebois

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Malone View Post
From habfans.com

Hey guys - I asked Trevor T who some of the invitees to the camp will be - here was his response:

"Robert Mayer, Alex Monahan, Mike and JP Testwuide, Boisvert. Our kids from Cinci will be there. All the college guys.
29 in total."

Weber, Subban, Maxwell, Whitey, Desharnais, Desjardins, Carle, Valentenko... and all the picks from the last two years....

Not sure which Boisvert he has invited. As I said to Trev, that kinda like saying he invited "Smith" to camp.

I didn't know Fiset became an agent. Nice to hear.

I'm a little surprised at these invites, really. I expected another goalie perhaps besides for Mayer, and I figured that they would try to please the local media and fans by inviting only Quebecers. The Testwuide brothers (?) are both from Colorado, so it is a surprise. But it's also good to see they are looking to add toughness to their list of prospects, those Testwuide's are huge and have lots of PIM.

Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Richybaby

Aubin wont be there dont know where you guys found that

Richybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:04 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Not impressed by the invitees if that would be it. Just looking throughout the league and all the teams have some great names in their lists, though Mayer and Monahan are interesting. But the Testwuide bros? ECHL'ers at best in my opinion. Boisvert, I have no idea who he is though it seems more as a favor to a friend of the Habs familly, ex-habs Serge Boisvert is Éric's father....if we're talking about Éric....

There was much better guys out there, I just don't feel there's too much effort put into that list.....don't feel like the org. believes in that concept....Only guy that made sense in the past years as an invitee was Fréchette....

Don't want to start a debate, and please don't but we should have seen more locals. Now it's the time. You don't want to spend a draft pick so be it. But as an invitee? Or do they want to test Conboy's pugilistic abilities?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2008, 11:11 PM
Toro

Its too bad emelin has never come to camp.

hopefully there is a few diamonds in the ruff. to a good camp with no injuries.

Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 07:07 AM
HABitual Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Not impressed by the invitees if that would be it. Just looking throughout the league and all the teams have some great names in their lists, though Mayer and Monahan are interesting. But the Testwuide bros? ECHL'ers at best in my opinion. Boisvert, I have no idea who he is though it seems more as a favor to a friend of the Habs familly, ex-habs Serge Boisvert is Éric's father....if we're talking about Éric....

There was much better guys out there, I just don't feel there's too much effort put into that list.....don't feel like the org. believes in that concept....Only guy that made sense in the past years as an invitee was Fréchette....

Don't want to start a debate, and please don't but we should have seen more locals. Now it's the time. You don't want to spend a draft pick so be it. But as an invitee? Or do they want to test Conboy's pugilistic abilities?
This was the same situation last year as well. If you remember, the guy running the camp other than the skating instructors was Chuck Weber the Cincinnati coach. In most cases the try-outs are to fill roster spots there (Beauregard, Desharnais, Gleed,Desjardins,Russell, etc...) were all part of the camp last year and wound up as Cyclones. The invitees will probably follow a similar path and only get Hamilton contracts if they prove their worth after a year at that level. This camp in 99% of the cases, ends with the drafted NCAA players going back to University, the invitees to Cincinnati, and only the graduating draftees and a few of the Junior prospects coming back to the rookie camp in September.

HABitual Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 12:45 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois View Post
I didn't know Fiset became an agent. Nice to hear.

I'm a little surprised at these invites, really. I expected another goalie perhaps besides for Mayer, and I figured that they would try to please the local media and fans by inviting only Quebecers. The Testwuide brothers (?) are both from Colorado, so it is a surprise. But it's also good to see they are looking to add toughness to their list of prospects, those Testwuide's are huge and have lots of PIM.
I would have thought another goalie would be invited as Mayer can't turn pro, as I would like to see a 3rd string vet to be the Dogs starter but I'd also like to see us get a starter for Cincy like they did with Desjardins, guess Lacasse will need to step up in Cincy and show what he can do.

If I recall the older Testwuide got kicked out of one of the games against Minnesota, he seems to enjoy the physical game. Perhaps they can get a shot in Cincy.

Quote:

Testwuide's, I've seen the older brother more, and he does play physical but if they were to show something it would be for Cincy to begin with, and I think it's a good idea to bring in some players for Cincy since they could see a couple move up to Hamilton next season. No harm in AHL contracts, gives the Dogs more depth.

I think the Habs know what they are doing when the invite players to camp or sign chl overagers or NCAA free agents. Not saying for the nhl but some of their players have been good finds for the ahl and echl.

As for inviting locals, well you bring it up so I'll respond. My problem with this is that statement implys to me that the Habs don't invite guys from the Q, so this year they invite 5 undrafted kids, well 3 of them are from the Q or Quebec. Look at all the Q or Quebec players they have picked up. Cote, Michaud, Danis, Desjardins, Desharnais, Beauregard, Sanford, Dulac-Lemelin (i know he was drafted but they still gave him an ahl contract) in addition to all the Picard-Hoopers, Melanson, Bisaillon, Frechette's etc... that they opt not to sign.

I don't have a problem with people not liking the list of players they chose (they can add more players to the rookie camp in september) but I don't understand how people can point the finger at Timmins and his staff and say they don't draft or invite Q or Quebec players when they clearly do. I can understand if people are upset that they don't invite the right ones, perhaps feeling they have overlooked certain players either at the draft table or afterwards, but to me at least, they certainly have drafted a number of players from the Q/Quebec and invited a number to their camps as well.

montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 01:51 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
I think the Habs know what they are doing when the invite players to camp or sign chl overagers or NCAA free agents. Not saying for the nhl but some of their players have been good finds for the ahl and echl.

As for inviting locals, well you bring it up so I'll respond. My problem with this is that statement implys to me that the Habs don't invite guys from the Q, so this year they invite 5 undrafted kids, well 3 of them are from the Q or Quebec. Look at all the Q or Quebec players they have picked up. Cote, Michaud, Danis, Desjardins, Desharnais, Beauregard, Sanford, Dulac-Lemelin (i know he was drafted but they still gave him an ahl contract) in addition to all the Picard-Hoopers, Melanson, Bisaillon, Frechette's etc... that they opt not to sign.

I don't have a problem with people not liking the list of players they chose (they can add more players to the rookie camp in september) but I don't understand how people can point the finger at Timmins and his staff and say they don't draft or invite Q or Quebec players when they clearly do. I can understand if people are upset that they don't invite the right ones, perhaps feeling they have overlooked certain players either at the draft table or afterwards, but to me at least, they certainly have drafted a number of players from the Q/Quebec and invited a number to their camps as well.
My comment was about a little bit both. I don't find the list of invitees that interesting Q or not Q. Then, since I've been to a lot of dev camps and rookie camps I do know that they do invite Q players, as a matter of fact that's exactly why I made this comment. I'm just comparing this year to the other years where there were more Q guys. Might not have sounded that way, but my Q comment was about this year. 'Cause I do know who they invited in the past. Seems to me though that they put more emphasis in the past year on the Q guys that this year.

Again, it's nothing to panic and it's only about the invitations, I'm done talking about the draft or the UFA signings, I'm not generalizing anymore, I'm done doing that, I have a train of thought, I expressed it and I moved on. But that thread is about the invitation list and I'm commenting on it.

As far as who are invited and the difference they made on our ECHL team or AHL team, well I just don't see it. Obviously, chances are the invitations that the other teams have sent as well didn't produce too many great players as well. Still, the names look way more interesting. Example? Blanchard and Perugini or Reddick or Tousignant......Mayer or Monahan are fine with me though. Just the other 3 I'm not that convinced though Serge Boisvert's son, I'm obviously not familiar.

But out of the list of the past invitations we sent, let's just say it was not a success and maybe that's the reason why Timmins and Co don't put too much emphasis on it.....that and on the fact, like I mentioned earlier on another post, seems that this camp will be full of a lot of prospects, Cincy players and some Dogs players as well so....

Here's the invitations we sent over the past in the dev. and rookie camps:

Loverock
Desharnais
Labrie
Piché

Fréchette
Mouton
Neilson
Petit
Picard-Hooper
Joanisse
Martin
St-Denis

Deblois
Tardif
Bisaillon
Dawson
Lavallée
Marcotte

So Martin and Desharnais are the great stories out of those camps. Desharnais was indeed a great invitation.

Anyway, like I said, it's not the end of the world, I was expecting mroe guys but seems that even for the dev. camp, the org. invited a lot of bodies already. Will see what the Testwuide bros will do....Come to think of it, and since Chuck Weber is often present at the dev. camp for the duration of the camp, seems to me that Testwuide are more invited for him than for us. They surely will look much better than any open invitations that Cincy will be throwing...

Old
06-29-2008, 01:56 PM
SeNaToR PhIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
ours is canceled due to lack of drafting quebec born players

Lmao

SeNaToR PhIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 06:56 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
My comment was about a little bit both. I don't find the list of invitees that interesting Q or not Q. Then, since I've been to a lot of dev camps and rookie camps I do know that they do invite Q players, as a matter of fact that's exactly why I made this comment. I'm just comparing this year to the other years where there were more Q guys. Might not have sounded that way, but my Q comment was about this year. 'Cause I do know who they invited in the past. Seems to me though that they put more emphasis in the past year on the Q guys that this year...
Well that's what I don't understand, as saying they should invite more locals, to me implys that they don't do it enough, when in the past they have done just that. So perhaps this years crop isn't as appealing to them, or perhaps they don't feel they need to fill too many spots this year.

I'm all for disagreeing with the list, I would have liked to see a Blanchard or someone like that who could step in as a starter in Cincy but maybe the team thinks Lacasse can get the job done or they have other plans.

Old
06-30-2008, 07:53 AM
Blades 0f Steel

This is OT but I found it amusing.

-Adam Perry, brother of Corey is invited to the Coyotes' rookie camp.
-Jared Staal was just drafted by Phoenix.
-At the trade deadline, Phoenix acquired Marcel Hossa.
-Olivier Latendresse
was in the Coyotes' organization until recently.
-and their director of scouting? Keith Gretzky. Hmm...

On top of that, they have 2 sons of NHLer's:
-Vladimir Ruzicka jr
-Brett Hextall

As well as the grandson of a legendary coach:
-Viktor Tikhonov

Last edited by Blades 0f Steel: 07-03-2008 at 08:29 PM.
Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2008, 05:29 PM
kostitsyn1489

Donc est-ce que les dates ont été anoncé?

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

New information....

While the camp starts Sunday the 6, players WILL NOT go on the ice during that day. Ice sessions will then starts Monday 7th.

I should receive the schedule tomorrow, though chances are it should be in the Habs internet site as well.

As soon as I have any news, probably tomorrow night, I'll add it here.

Let's hope Pateryn will be able to make it. Would love to hear how he's doing and see it for myself over the next weekend.

Old
07-03-2008, 08:22 PM
kostitsyn1489

Ah damn i planned on going sunday. Well monday for sure then next week-end. Wil probably try to take a day off next week to go as well.

I cant wait!

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 08:56 PM
kernkraft

Sweet, does anyone know if Trunev will attend?

kernkraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Faute

Dman Mathieu Bolduc from Chicoutimi has also been invited.

http://lanouvelle.net/article-229065...Tricolore.html

Stay-at-home and physical, he won the Kevin-Lowe trophy as the best defensive dman in the QJMHL last year as a 19 year old.

Faute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2008, 09:58 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faute View Post

Stay-at-home and physical, he won the Kevin-Lowe trophy as the best defensive dman in the QJMHL last year as a 19 year old.
I'm surprised they didn't invite even more D since we are short on LD's but Bolduc is a good invite, hope he has a good camp.

Old
07-04-2008, 07:35 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faute View Post

They're talking as if Monahan and Bolduc will only be there for the September camp, the rookie camp.....Could they be mistaken or is it really what's going to happen? Possible that the Habs want to address their development camp only to guys that were drafted by them.

We'll know soon enough.

Old
07-04-2008, 10:14 AM
Mag1328

Here are all the invitees.

BEAUREGARD, Thomas AD Contrat AHL Cincinnati (ECHL)
BOISVERT, Erik AG Joueur invité Sacred Heart University (ATLANTIC)
CARLE, Mathieu D 2006, 53e Hamilton (AHL)
CONBOY, Andrew AG 2007, 142e Omaha (USHL)
DESHARNAIS, David C Contrat AHL Cincinnati (ECHL), Hamilton (AHL)
FISCHER, David D 2006, 20e University of Minnesota (WCHA)
FORTIER, Olivier C 2007, 65e Rimouski (LHJMQ)
JOHNSON, Patrick AG 2008, 206e University of Wisconsin (WCHA)
KISHEL, Scott D 2007, 192e Sioux Falls (USHL)
KRISTO, Danny AD 2008, 56e USA Under-18 (USDP)
MAXWELL, Benjamin C 2006, 49e Kootenay (WHL)
MAYER, Robert G Joueur invité Saint John (LHJMQ), Suisse (CMJ)
McDONAGH, Ryan D 2007, 12e University of Wisconsin (WCHA)
MISSIAEN, Jason G 2008, 116e Peterborough (OHL)
MONAHAN, Alexandre AG Joueur invité Victoriaville (LHJMQ)
PACIORETTY, Max AG 2007, 22e University of Michigan (CCHA), USA (CMJ)
PAQUET, Philippe D 2005, 229e Clarkson University (ECAC)
PATERYN, Greg D Transaction (TOR) Ohio Jr. (USHL)
QUAILER, Steven AG 2008, 86e Sioux City (USHL)
QUATTROCCHI, Joseph G ------------------- Smiths Falls (CJHL)
RUSSELL, Ryan C Transaction (NYR) Hamilton (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL)
STEJSKAL, Joe D 2007, 133e Dartmouth University (ECAC)
SUBBAN, P.K. D 2007, 43e Belleville (OHL), Canada (CMJ)
TESTWUIDE, Jon Paul D Joueur invité Denver University (WCHA)
TESTWUIDE, Michael AD Joueur invité Colorado College (WCHA)
TORP, Nichlas D 2007, 163e HV 71 Jonkoping Jr. (SUÈDE)
TROTTER, Brock C Joueur autonome Denver University (WCHA), Hamilton (AHL)
WEBER, Yannick D 2007, 73e Kitchener (OHL), Suisse (CMJ)
WHITE, Ryan AD 2006, 66e Calgary (WHL)
WYMAN, James T. AD 2004, 100e Dartmouth University (ECAC), Hamilton (AHL)

Mag1328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:24 AM

Wow good to see Torp will be there. Perhaps he will be signed to play in Hamilton? Sucks that Trunev isn't there though, but I'm looking forward on reports from the posters who will attend on Pacioretty, Fischer and McDonagh especially!

Should be interesting.

#57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 10:42 AM
GoHabs20

where will it be held though?

and why isn't Valentenko on this list?

GoHabs20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
good list IMO. Such great depth at every position.

Rise from the Ashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:07 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

Le Canadien a annoncé aujourd’hui la participation de 30 joueurs à son camp annuel de perfectionnement, qui aura lieu du 7 au 12 juillet au Centre Sportif Candiac sur la Rive-Sud de Montréal.

Les jeunes espoirs des Canadiens participeront à un premier entraînement le lundi 7 juillet, à 14h30. Le camp de perfectionnement se poursuivra jusqu’au samedi 12 juillet avec des séances d’entraînement sur glace tous les matins de 10h00 à 12h00, sauf le mardi 8 juillet alors que des tests sur glace auront lieu de 9h00 à 12h00. Des séances de conditionnement hors glace sont prévues quotidiennement.

are these one ice workouts open to the public?? DO they have scrimmage games or just workouts?

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag1328 View Post

QUATTROCCHI, Joseph G ------------------- Smiths Falls (CJHL)
Does anyone know who this guy is?

Brisebois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:38 AM
WeThreeKings
Sept 19th

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Sucks no Trunev.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2008, 11:56 AM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHabs20 View Post
where will it be held though?

and why isn't Valentenko on this list?
'Cause he's almost considered for a NHL job, he will be at the rookie camp.

I'm stunned to see Wyman there though.....it has to be his 104th presence at that camp....