HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All "I hate You" Canadiens Team

Old
06-29-2008, 01:02 AM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

vCash: 500
Pat Jablonski? Great backup with an awesome attitude that was often reduced to being a third wheel and who unfortunately started a few games as a Hab, something he wasn't really able to do. Jabber tired easily from what I could see. Not an impact player by any means, but he was never meant to be. He was great at his normal task but couldn't be ask to do more.

Nothing to hate there.

A whole All Hate Team is impossible for me to do. But here are a few Habs I didn't like and why.

- Mike Ribeiro: A punk. We know the stories. Partyier. Substance deal-uh-keep-away-er, tried to push himself on an alumni's grand-daughter, diver, pain faker....

- Jose Theodore: A junior level punk that had Punk in his blood, he had reformed greatly before Ribeiro hooked up with him. It was all downhill from there. Partying with that ***** of a Hilton Hotels heir while his daughter was fighting for her life sealed his place as No. 2 on this list.

- Jocelyn Thibault: Thibault gets less and less bad thoughts for me as time goes by, simply for the grace with which he's accepting the end of his career as a luxury backup. But in his time as a starter here, I disliked how he handled himself in nets a lot. And I'm talking about the sad faces he would make after letting in goals. A goalie can't be perpetually on the verge of tears.

- Sergei Berezin: A poor man's Kovalev who gave even less of a damn than Kovalev ever did at his most "I-don't-give-a-damn" at the end in New York. Not to mention, he was grossly out of shape at the end, and brought back memories of Krutov in Vancouver.

- Mariusz Czerkawski: Poles are known as rough, enduring people. Not this fairy. The Polish Princess flew and flew and once in a while would do a routine play well. Was probably a product of Falloon Syndrome with the Islanders. Every team, even the worse, has a top scorer which rakes in points because he plays a lot and gets a good rep by default no matter how bad he really is. Czerkawski was one of them.

- Sergei Samsonov: I really have no idea what happened here. Yeah he was fat. Whatever. I guess, he sat on his contract.

- Peter Popovic: A pylon. A BIG pylon. Couldn't skate, hit, take a hit, shoot or pass. Could play some defence. In the world of unremarkable hockey players, Popovic was king.

- Robert Dirk. First game, 2 shifts, 4 PIM. Second game, 1 shift, 2 PIM. Third game, dressed but barely played and was -1. Then he was fired.

And there are more...

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
Phil Parent
HALL PASS BRAH!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by starglider View Post
Terry Ryan - Eric Chouinard - Jason Ward
Yves Sarault - Matt Higgins - Gregor Baumgartner
Jean-Francois Houle - Turner Stevenson - Alexander Buturlin
Martin Hohenberger - Keli Corpse - Ryan Kuwabara

Brent Bilodeau - Brad Brown
David Wilkie - Matt Carkner
Ilkka Mikkola - Chris Dyment

Evan Lindsay
Marc Lamothe

Ward and Stevenson aren't really busts, they were just drafted way higher they should have been.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
Ward and Stevenson aren't really busts, they were just drafted way higher they should have been.
I've seen a bulldog's game where Ward was at a complete other level. Maybe he was alone at this level, somewhere between AHL and NHL... I think injuries broke his pace.

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 08:22 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

The one thing I remember about Francis Belanger is that he wore #23

And he got thrown out of the game once for being a general nuisance

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 08:50 AM
mcphee

You people certainly had a lot of hate in you. There were some players I should have hated because by all accounts, they were out and out 'bad guys' but wearing the CH blinds me.

I'd suggest therapy for all the hatred inside of you all. Skies are gonna clear up, put on a happy face.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote