HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Colorado Signs Liles

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2008, 09:37 PM
  #1
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Colorado Signs Liles

4 years at just over 4 million per year. I think this hurts Campbells Value which is good, i thought JM would get at least 5 per. This should be formally announced Monday.


Last edited by FLYLine24: 06-29-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:42 PM
  #2
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,146
vCash: 500
Good, like you said, the costs of Campbell and Redden just took a hit.

I Eat Crow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:46 PM
  #3
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Good, like you said, the costs of Campbell and Redden just took a hit.
Not to mention Rozsival.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:52 PM
  #4
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
zero effect on campbell and redden.

Players like those dont have the bar used against them, players like those set the bar.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:52 PM
  #5
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Dredden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Fine, thought he would be a better fit than redden/campbell price wise.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:53 PM
  #6
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
4 years at 4 million per year. I think this hurts Campbells Value which is good, i thought JM would get at least 5 per. This should be formally announced Monday.
How could less competition hurt Campbells value? If you mean the dollar amount I'm pretty sure Campbell is going to sign for more and the situations aren't very similar...The reason being Campbell is better than Liles..For two months we've had posters pretty much agree that Liles would get around $4M and Campbell would get between $6M and $7M...What's changed?

If you want to say the market for guys like Rozsival and Hainsey just got set than i'd probably agree with you...Although you need is two GM's bidding against each other to drive up the price of the player....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:54 PM
  #7
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
How could less competition hurt Campbells value? If you mean the dollar amount I'm pretty sure Campbell is going to sign for more and the situations aren't very similar...The reason being Campbell is better than Liles..For two months we've had posters pretty much agree that Liles would get around $4M and Campbell would get between $6M and $7M...What's changed?

If you want to say the market for guys like Rozsival and Hainsey just got set than i'd probably agree with you...Although you need is two GM's bidding against each other to drive up the price of the player....
for the record, i think campbell might end up getting 7-8

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:56 PM
  #8
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
It affects Campbell but not much. Liles was not on the open market. He prob. gets more if he waits till Tuesday

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 09:57 PM
  #9
Dredden
JT Miller
 
Dredden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,429
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
for the record, i think campbell might end up getting 7-8
I hope Slats isnt offering that to him even if we make an offer.

Dredden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
  #10
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
for the record, i think campbell might end up getting 7-8
Hopefully with Chicago or San Jose.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:02 PM
  #11
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Hopefully with Chicago or San Jose.
if its true he wants to come to the North East, it wouldnt shock me if the Islanders ponied up that kind of money. They have the cap room, and definitely the need.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:11 PM
  #12
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
if its true he wants to come to the North East, it wouldnt shock me if the Islanders ponied up that kind of money. They have the cap room, and definitely the need.
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...,7780557.story

Doesn't sound like the Isles will be doing to much shopping.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:13 PM
  #13
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...,7780557.story

Doesn't sound like the Isles will be doing to much shopping.
This isn't an insult to the Islanders but are they going to have trouble getting to the $40M mark? I think that situation dictates them being some sort of player in free agency...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:17 PM
  #14
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
This isn't an insult to the Islanders but are they going to have trouble getting to the $40M mark? I think that situation dictates them being some sort of player in free agency...

Probably like last year when they came in for the leftovers. I don't see them be a "player".

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:36 PM
  #15
Son of Steinbrenner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Tromelin
Posts: 9,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Probably like last year when they came in for the leftovers. I don't see them be a "player".
This free agent market has a lot of leftovers to begin with but that's besides the point....

I read the article and understand where you are coming from but I can see them making an unexpected signing or two.

This probably isn't for this topic but I've always disagreed with the premise the signing with the Islanders wasn't appealing to free agents. The arena IS terrible but the Island has some great places to live and is close enough to the city that young single guy can enjoy himself. It can also be appealing to a family guy...I've done zero research so i could be wrong but my un-educated guess is Long Island has some really good school districts. I know the organization has been in total disaray but it seems that Wang has settled that matter for good.

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:37 PM
  #16
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,229
vCash: 500
I knew Liles would come cheap because of his down year.

Good move by Colorado.


Now, if this is any indication of what Rozsival will get, i may be in full favor of keeping him.

3.5 mil - 4 mil/ 4 years.

That would be a good price on him.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:38 PM
  #17
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Edmonton just got Visnosky. They traded Stoll and Greene for him. If Lubomir's contract wasnt so bad i would've tried to match that.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:55 PM
  #18
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
After seeing this thread I decided to do a little research on Liles and see how he compares to Rozy. Here are there numbers for the past three seasons.......


Liles:

2007-2008 - 6 Goals - 26 Assists - 32 Points (+2)
2006-2007 - 14 Goals - 30 Assists - 44 Points (0)
2005-2006 - 14 Goals - 35 Assists - 49 Points (+5)


Rozy:

2007-2008 - 13 Goals - 25 Assists - 38 Points (+0)
2006-2007 - 10 Goals - 30 Assists - 40 Points (+10)
2005-2006 - 5 Goals - 25 Assists - 30 Points (+35)




It is earie how similiar Rozy and Liles numbers have been over the past 3 years. They both average around 10-14 goals a year along with 20-30 assists. Rozy had that obscene 2005-2006 (+/-) year so that gives him the edge there. So here is my question to everyone. If Rozy is willing to take a deal similiar to Liles 4 years 4mill per should we bring him back. I am kinda undecided on that right now.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:57 PM
  #19
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,938
vCash: 500
I'd say if we can get Campbell for $6 million a year, with a little more extra cap room this year, than we go for him. He is my #1 pick for a QB on the PP this upcoming year. If we can't get Jagr or Hossa we have to pick this guy up. He will make a huge improvement on our PP and the guy can throw a hit. If we signed Gomez and Drury to $7 million plus he is easily worth at least $6 - $7 million. And like someone else says, Campbell and Redden will be setting the bar, not following it.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:58 PM
  #20
TomLaidlaw
Registered User
 
TomLaidlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Transylvania
Country: Romania
Posts: 3,177
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblegumGang184434 View Post
Edmonton just got Visnosky. They traded Stoll and Greene for him. If Lubomir's contract wasnt so bad i would've tried to match that.
Nice deal for the Oilers. Larry Brooks is writing up the "Pitkanen to Rangers" article as we speak after this.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 10:59 PM
  #21
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh
 
Burlington Bomb 26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Green Mountain State
Country: United States
Posts: 16,615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Nice deal for the Oilers. Larry Brooks is writing up the "Pitkanen to Rangers" article as we speak after this.
yeah apparently Eklund is his key source for the deal

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 11:07 PM
  #22
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomez to Jagr View Post
Good, like you said, the costs of Campbell and Redden just took a hit.
I hope so..........but it also means that Hainsey and Streit go up to close to that

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 11:07 PM
  #23
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,630
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Nice deal for the Oilers. Larry Brooks is writing up the "Pitkanen to Rangers" article as we speak after this.
I would be real happy with Pitkanen.........would be a creative way to get a cheaper option on D with great potential

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 11:20 PM
  #24
Forechecker
Registered User
 
Forechecker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Netherlands
Posts: 4,322
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
I think this pretty much sets Rosie's value. I wouldn't be surprised to hear him signed before Tuesday.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2008, 11:21 PM
  #25
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 29,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PukkuMikku View Post
I knew Liles would come cheap because of his down year.

Good move by Colorado.


Now, if this is any indication of what Rozsival will get, i may be in full favor of keeping him.

3.5 mil - 4 mil/ 4 years.

That would be a good price on him.
Over 4 million isn't that cheap for a top 4 dman.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.