* Players who have been on the Active Roster. Some may be inactive now but the time spent on the Active Roster is used to calculate the prorated cap hit.
* Players on IR and Long Term IR. For this website, I originally had it such that players on LTIR won't count so that each and every team's cap limit is at $50.3 million for 07/08. However, I've abandoned this as it did not show the true Cap Space.
* Retired players with contracts signed when aged 35 or over
* Bonuses count against the cap if met. If the bonuses are met and pushes the team's Cap Hit over the upper limit, the overage is added on to the following year's Cap Hit.
* All Bonuses are included in the Cap Hit calculation to illustrate the "worst-case" scenario for the team. If the bonuses aren't met, the player's Cap Hit will actually be lower. Therefore the current Cap Hit that you see may not be accurate.