HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers re-sign Matt Zaba

Old
06-30-2008, 02:05 PM
BobMarleyNYR

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I would think it was pretty easy to sign Matt Zaba.

"Hey Matt, he's an extension. Sign it."

"Can I have more money?"

"No."

"Can I borrow a pen?"
Hahahaha, he has to paint his own helmet, and he only gets black-and-white paint.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 02:57 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Dawes isn't going anywhere. He'll get resigned. As for the rest, I would imagine that there are a lot of variables involved. If the Rangers are truly looking to pair Sundin with Jagr, then they can't do anything until July 1st on either front. And their success at signing them will determine what other UFAs they sign or resign.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:33 PM
Edge

I don't see how you can have anything bad to say about this move.

It cost them peanuts, gives them depth and potentially a player who can turn into an NHL backup.

Obviously it's an easier signing than a guy like Dawes who probably knows he's going to get an offer sheet from somewhere.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Forechecker

Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
It cost them peanuts, gives them depth and potentially a player who can turn into an NHL backup.
Maybe it was Slats' favorite pen? The one he orders the ice cream with?

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
Dawes isn't going anywhere. He'll get resigned. As for the rest, I would imagine that there are a lot of variables involved. If the Rangers are truly looking to pair Sundin with Jagr, then they can't do anything until July 1st on either front. And their success at signing them will determine what other UFAs they sign or resign.
I think the situation is real cloudy upfront

I would not wait for Jagr and Sundin.......allocate the cash to Campbell and Orpik which solidifies the D

Then see what good deals are available on the FA market......maybe Vrbata, Hagman , Miettenen, Satan

I think Jags comes back AND I will not be shocked if Avery is resigned tommorow

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forechecker View Post
Ok, one more time. The Rangers RARELY make "public" annoucnements bout who got QOs and who didn't. You can speculate all you want about what it means, but ultimately it don't mean squat. As far as we know Zaba was signed weeks ago, and they finally announced it. Or, this was an easy one to get done, so they did it.
And why don't they do that? What is the the Blackhawks? Why wouldn't you want to let your fanbase know who you have qualified and haven't? Why is it the other NHL teams release this information to it's fans. I see no reason to not make an announcement.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
And why don't they do that? What is the the Blackhawks? Why wouldn't you want to let your fanbase know who you have qualified and haven't? Why is it the other NHL teams release this information to it's fans. I see no reason to not make an announcement.
Because Slats' and the front office's job is not to make the fans happy, which, personally, is fine with me. Maybe he's sitting on the Dawes signing for a reason? Maybe he doesn't want to tip his hand to other GMs about how much cap room we have left? There are 1,001 reasons not to make announcements about your strategic player decisions.

Old
06-30-2008, 04:13 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Ok, one more time. The Rangers RARELY make "public" annoucnements bout who got QOs and who didn't. You can speculate all you want about what it means, but ultimately it don't mean squat. As far as we know Zaba was signed weeks ago, and they finally announced it. Or, this was an easy one to get done, so they did it.
Sorry, I missed your last seminar... yeah, all I was doing was speculating.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Because Slats' and the front office's job is not to make the fans happy, which, personally, is fine with me. Maybe he's sitting on the Dawes signing for a reason? Maybe he doesn't want to tip his hand to other GMs about how much cap room we have left? There are 1,001 reasons not to make announcements about your strategic player decisions.
Saying that you qualified a RFA like Dawes is tipping your hand? How about Jessiman, or are there a lot of NHL gms lining up to sign the 2003 bust? He doesn't want to tip his hand yet he goes out and SAYS we aren't going to reisign our guys lol plz. I guess it was fine by you also how he showed Leetch the door. Damn I can't stand that guy.

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Forechecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Saying that you qualified a RFA like Dawes is tipping your hand? How about Jessiman, or are there a lot of NHL gms lining up to sign the 2003 bust? He doesn't want to tip his hand yet he goes out and SAYS we aren't going to reisign our guys lol plz. I guess it was fine by you also how he showed Leetch the door. Damn I can't stand that guy.
Dawes, Sjostrom, and Jessiman will probably hit the UFA market for various reasons, including signing the latter two for less than their QO. Dawes may be a piece of a bigger puzzle, but you're too short sighted by your hate for Slats to see that there MAY be other reasons.

What does Leetch have to do with anything? I don't like the way he was traded, but I like the long term implications of it.